Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The only way Tyrod could come back from down 25 in any game

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The only way Tyrod could come back from down 25 in any game

Would be if the game was hearts & he shot the moon.

The goal is to win the Super Bowl. Tyrod isn't good enough. You don't lock yourself into a guy for the next 2-3 years who isn't good enough. The Bills must strive for greatness at QB and keep trying until they hit on a franchise QB. I can think of a few QBs who can come back from a 25 point deficit. Tyrod is not one of them.

2. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (02-08-2017),Dr. Lecter (02-06-2017),TacklingDummy (02-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,990 Times in 3,526 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The only way Tyrod could come back from down 25 in any game

I think Tyrod would have come back, just not all the way. We kick a 55 yard FG for a final score of 28-6.

4. Post thanked by:

Albany,n.y. (02-06-2017),Buffalogic (02-07-2017),IlluminatusUIUC (02-06-2017),kishoph (02-12-2017),Lone Stranger (02-10-2017),Mace (02-07-2017),TacklingDummy (02-06-2017),Thurmal (02-06-2017)

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    I think Tyrod would have come back, just not all the way. We kick a 55 yard FG for a final score of 28-6.
    Ok that was hilarious

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

6. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (02-06-2017)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,532 Times in 3,995 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post

The goal is to win the Super Bowl. Tyrod isn't good enough. You don't lock yourself into a guy for the next 2-3 years who isn't good enough. The Bills must strive for greatness at QB and keep trying until they hit on a franchise QB. I can think of a few QBs who can come back from a 25 point deficit. Tyrod is not one of them.
    Well we got beat by backup Jeff Hofstetter and journeyman Doug Williams.

Still, it would be NICE to have a franchise QB!

Patti
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

8. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-10-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    Well we got beat by backup Jeff Hofstetter and journeyman Doug Williams.

Still, it would be NICE to have a franchise QB!

Patti
    It was Mark Rypien, not Doug Williams. Williams beat Denver in Super Bowl XXII.

10. Post thanked by:

swiper (02-09-2017),The last buffalo fan (02-10-2017),yanklovver (02-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Whoa, Tyrod Taylor isn't as good as the best QB of all time? What a scoop!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    Whoa, Tyrod Taylor isn't as good as the best QB of all time? What a scoop!
    stop speaking logic to this crew.

Bills fans have gone clinically insane. If anyone is holding a position in the lineup who isn't an all-pro and making more then league min, there will be 10 threads demanding his release, with zero discussion about how to replace him. If we have a player coming off a contract above league min, or asking for more then league min, we'll have half the board demanding we not resign him because he's not the greatest who ever played at his position. Tyrod runs the risk of getting paid his market value, CUT HIM NOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we'll get people posting things like "Tom Brady was a 6th rounder" or "Cardell Jones deserves a chance" or "there is prospect X in the draft, he'll be availible in round 4 we must draft him!" Of course no one ever discusses why some guy will be laying around in round 4 if he's an NFL quality starter. I mean no one else wants an NFL quality starter on their roster right?

But this crew has spent the past 15 months drinking durring bills games and getting mad that we're losing and throwing bottles at posters of Tyrod, so their rage must be appeased!
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

13. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (02-09-2017),The last buffalo fan (02-10-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't want to be the team paying "market value" for a guy whose ceiling is 10 wins & maybe one playoff win. Let some other team waste their money on a wheel spinner. The goal is a championship not one and done or if you're lucky 2 and done in the playoffs without ever having a home playoff game.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,557 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Taylor has actual trouble coming back from being down 5 points, let alone 25. Seriously, look at his record in games where the opposing team takes the lead at any time (not just second half) of the game. He's something like 2-14.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

16. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (02-10-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,930 Times in 3,554 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lets be honest. No other QB is bringing their team back from 25 down in the Super Bowl...so your argument has a hole.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yet I don't think this squad is all that far away from competing as a superbowl team (or atleast get to the playoffs). The offense was functional for most of the past 2 years. Flashy? nope. Exciting? Nope. Functional though.

the defense has been a joke the past two years. Well not quite a complete joke. They're competent enough against the Blaine Gabberts of the NFL, but then again, so is everyone else. Had we got top 5 production from that crew we'd of been serious contenders. So while I get it. Tyrod is not Brady. What he is, is basically Alex Smith. And Andy Reid seems to be doing ok with Alex Smith. Listen, Before we got Tyrod I would have killed for Alex Smith. So would have half the forum. Now we got our alex smith bills fans can't wait to return to QB purgatory as fast as possible.

I'm not against chaising a better QB, frankly a better QB probably puts us in the playoffs just as fast as a better defense does. But I am against getting worse with no plan to get better.

Why make this thread? This thread serves no other purpose but to insult Tyrod Taylor personally. I don't like tyrod as a QB but that doesn't mean I want to insult the guy. If anything I want to thank him for giving us some exciting football for a change. (does NO ONE remember Trent Edwards or JP Losman? or EJ?) Sure show him the door, but whats the point of kicking him on the way. And if you're going to show him to the door you better be damned sure you know what you're going to do will be a step up.

19. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-10-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The worst thing you can be in the NFL is mediocre. If you're real good you have it made. If you're real bad, you have a chance to get a lot better with the #1 pick. 29% of all Super Bowls have been won by a QB drafted with the 1st overall pick in the draft. Considering the odds, being there is only 1 number 1 pick each year & it's not always a QB, that's a pretty lofty percentage. I don't want Tyrod at the current price, or any price. He's a wheel spinner-any franchise with him at QB will be paying millions to spin their wheels with little hope of rising above mediocre. I'd rather take a step back than keep spinning my wheels in a snow drift. If that means sink or swim with Cardale in 2017, so be it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The worst thing you can be in the NFL is mediocre. If you're real good you have it made. If you're real bad, you have a chance to get a lot better with the #1 pick. 29% of all Super Bowls have been won by a QB drafted with the 1st overall pick in the draft. Considering the odds, being there is only 1 number 1 pick each year & it's not always a QB, that's a pretty lofty percentage. I don't want Tyrod at the current price, or any price. He's a wheel spinner-any franchise with him at QB will be paying millions to spin their wheels with little hope of rising above mediocre. I'd rather take a step back than keep spinning my wheels in a snow drift. If that means sink or swim with Cardale in 2017, so be it.
    And you won't complain about the losses one bit - right?

In fact, you will cheer them - right?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't want to be the team paying "market value" for a guy whose ceiling is 10 wins & maybe one playoff win. Let some other team waste their money on a wheel spinner. The goal is a championship not one and done or if you're lucky 2 and done in the playoffs without ever having a home playoff game.
    The issue at hand is that there is not a better QB readily available. So shooting for the moon may not be a reasonable goal for right now, but 9-7 might be.

23. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (02-10-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I still laugh at people who say that Tyrod is the pinnacle of what the Bills can acquire. Or revere him as some good/great player that without him this team would be terrible. While people who think Tyrod is good or the Bills can't do any better, they go and put down Colin Kaepernick as like the worst thing in the NFL at the QB position.

Here are Kaep's stats this past year...

59.2% 2241 yards 16 TD 4 INT 468 yards rushing in 11 games.

That's Tyrod Taylor type stats right there, difference is Kaep has been in a Super Bowl, yet these same people who think Tyrod is the best we can possibly do completely rip apart Kaep as being complete and total crap.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    I still laugh at people who say that Tyrod is the pinnacle of what the Bills can acquire. Or revere him as some good/great player that without him this team would be terrible. While people who think Tyrod is good or the Bills can't do any better, they go and put down Colin Kaepernick as like the worst thing in the NFL at the QB position.

Here are Kaep's stats this past year...

59.2% 2241 yards 16 TD 4 INT 468 yards rushing in 11 games.

That's Tyrod Taylor type stats right there, difference is Kaep has been in a Super Bowl, yet these same people who think Tyrod is the best we can possibly do completely rip apart Kaep as being complete and total crap.
    You realize you just made the argument that Tyrod can get us to the Super Bowl, right?

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    You realize you just made the argument that Tyrod can get us to the Super Bowl, right?
    You realize kaepernick didn't start the 1st 9 games the year the Niners went to the Superbowl, right?

If we get the same defense as the 2012 Niners, their run game, can convince Harbaugh to leave Michigan to come to Buffalo, and Alex Smith to start our first 9 games, I'd be all for keeping Tyrod. Until then, Tyrod can have fun playing scared for the Browns.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
    And you won't complain about the losses one bit - right?

In fact, you will cheer them - right?
    Absolutely. I've always looked beyond week to week. I'd rather be really bad than mediocre. 1-15 or 2-14 is better than 7-9 100% of the time. The last time the Bills had the #1 pick, Bruce Smith was drafted. Think of the Bills without Bruce Smith. Would a few more wins in 1984 have been worth missing out on him?

The Bills have had between 7 & 9 wins 9 of the seasons during the playoff drought. I bet you were celebrating every one of those wins, which resulted in stuck in the mud wheel spinning. It's time to push the vehicle out of the mud. It will either get back on the road and thrive or spin out & crash into a ditch. If it crashes into the ditch, at least we can then call a tow truck for help instead of wasting time wheel-spinning.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    The issue at hand is that there is not a better QB readily available. So shooting for the moon may not be a reasonable goal for right now, but 9-7 might be.
    What does a non-playoff 9-7 year get you when the QB is a guy you're always looking to replace & by keeping him, it ties your hands for 3 years in trying to replace him due to the drain on the salary cap?

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

1-15 or 2-14 is better than 7-9 100% of the time.
    Tell that to the Rams...or the Browns...or the Jaguars.

Don't tell that to last years Falcons... or 2014's Panthers...or the 2008 Saints.