How many Bills playoff games/teams have you experienced ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: How many Bills playoff games/teams have you experienced ?

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I'm a few years older than you but had a similar experience. For the first decade that I followed the team, they were good.

My family's not from WNY and my dad didn't start following the Bills til the early 80's, so he only experienced a few bad years before the lineup that eventually became the 90's SB teams started coming together. So, I didn't even have anyone in my family who knew how horrid the team was after those two AFL championships.

So, as horrible as the Music City Mirage was, at the time it didn't bother me as much because I thought we'd be back. 18 years later....
    I remember when I was young and my Dad (who is a diehard Miami fan) asked me if I was excited for the playoffs to be starting. I didn't hardly follow the NFL at all and had no idea what the Bills record was, but without hesitating I asked, who do the Bills play? It was just assumed, for me at least, that the Bills would be in the playoffs year in and year out.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

I'm 35 years old and didn't understand football until 1990 when I was 8 or 9. So I remember all of the superbowls.
      I did have tickets to the greatest comeback but had emergency surgery two days before so those had to be sold.
      Went to the last playoff game In buffalo In December 1996 which was Jim Kelly's last game. been a horrible existence since then
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
        I'm 35 years old and didn't understand football until 1990 when I was 8 or 9. So I remember all of the superbowls.
        I did have tickets to the greatest comeback but had emergency surgery two days before so those had to be sold.
        Went to the last playoff game In buffalo In December 1996 which was Jim Kelly's last game. been a horrible existence since then
        When the comeback game didn't sell out, I was begging my dad to go. I almost had him convinced but then he hurt his back. I was only 13 at the time so there was no way I could have gone on my own.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

My 1st realization of being a fan came in 1962... Seen every playoff game since merger either live or on TV except 1993 vs KC (Was dating my wife and tried to make a good impression).

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

ive been paying attention since 1984 i was 11 when the football fever hit me i loved joe cribbs and joe ferguson and fred smerlas lol hell at this point id take a second coming of joe ferguson over the bums we have seen the last 20 years.

ive seen every game since pretty much. i got the oilers comeback covered too was at a local bar for the game maybe 100 people to start. by the start of the 3rd it was me my HS football coach and 2 of my friends left. my dad left at halftime. HAHA

so in the end every playoff game since the mid 80's

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              I think the point of this thread is so many bad moments, so few good ones. Look, only one team can win every year so most teams have more bad moments than good ones. The difference is that we've never had that ultimate good moment that makes all the bad ones worthwhile.
              My thought was more that I feel bad for people who've enjoyed less Bills success than I have and envy those who've enjoyed more via the 60's teams though.

It's not even that only one team wins, I think we're all good with that, it's that we seldom even have the good moments where you can be excited about a playoff game, or create the illusion we might win one.

I think I could be happy without the ultimate good moment, if there was more success to make me think it was possible someday.

You sort of watch the team year after year after year, and they flail around going nowhere so people have to try to manufacture bright sides, get annoyed with other people for not keeping the faith if there is one, make up pretend ones, fall back on old ones, to set you up for another year of flailing while other teams rise and fall.

I'm not giving up, I'll keep buying into the same cycle a while longer, but I'm at a point where the seasons of endless maybe delivering endless flopping around, are getting old and tedious, and I don't even know how to make pretend optimism for younger less jaded fans getting cranky about negativity.
              Last edited by Mace; 02-13-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

All of them. I saw the Bills lose the first pre Super Bowl AFC Championship game to KC on a small B&W TV (parts of it anyways).
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

One of the most disappointing seasons was 1973.

New stadium, OJ was running all over the place, and had it not been for a last second home loss to the Bengals, we would have earned the Wild Card that year.

Instead, we finished 9-5, while they finished 10-4.

Curse you, Horst Muhlmann!

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                    One of the most disappointing seasons was 1973.

New stadium, OJ was running all over the place, and had it not been for a last second home loss to the Bengals, we would have earned the Wild Card that year.

Instead, we finished 9-5, while they finished 10-4.

Curse you, Horst Muhlmann!

3223-804061Fr.jpg

Comment

• Mouldsie
                      • Aug 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X