Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DE at #10?

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: DE at #10?

For example I'd love Peppers. Love the way he plays. Is there a clear position for him as a tweener? No. Can he put on 10 pounds and play Will? Maybe. Might be a nice option if Zach is gone. Especially since hes more S than OLB and the league has faster TEs. Just want that guy on the field for us making plays.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Just give me the best talent, we have too many holes to try and position pick a guy.

Whoever is left of:
    DE Garrett
    DT Allen
    DE Thomas
    FS Hooker
    RB Cook
    SS Adams
    LB Foster
    WR Williams
    RB Fournette
    CB Lattimore
    TE Howard
    SS Peppers

Should be the pick. I'm also not opposed to trading down to the low teens-early 20's and looking at guys like Cunningham, Ramczyk, Ross, Humphrey, Jones, Robinson, or Barnett.
    Yes, what I've been saying. This team is badly in need of studs. My philosophy would be, draft talent and fill holes via free agency.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    For example I'd love Peppers. Love the way he plays. Is there a clear position for him as a tweener? No. Can he put on 10 pounds and play Will? Maybe. Might be a nice option if Zach is gone. Especially since hes more S than OLB and the league has faster TEs. Just want that guy on the field for us making plays.
    If they take Peppers at #10 I give up. There is no hope for this team then. I will say anything is possible though, they did take EJ in the 1st rd.

4. Post thanked by:

Mouldsie (02-18-2017)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by k-oneputt View Post
    If they take Peppers at #10 I give up. There is no hope for this team then. I will say anything is possible though, they did take EJ in the 1st rd.
    This pundit's mock draft has Peppers benig picked in the 2nd round...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...h-early-qb-run
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Peppers is an athlete, I honestly don't think he has a defined position. He's not a standout at Safety, shouldn't be taken in the first half of round 1. Not saying he's a bad player, you want to draft locks up top, Peppers needs some work.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    Put me on the Thomas train, he offers versatility, I see him playing inside too. Would love to nab him, with Kyle still here we could have more flexibility up front and rotate well.
    I'm warming to Tennessee's Derek Barnett.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just give me the best talent, we have too many holes to try and position pick a guy.

Whoever is left of:
    DE Garrett
    DT Allen
    DE Thomas
    FS Hooker
    RB Cook
    SS Adams
    LB Foster
    WR Williams
    RB Fournette
    CB Lattimore
    TE Howard
    SS Peppers

Should be the pick. I'm also not opposed to trading down to the low teens-early 20's and looking at guys like Cunningham, Ramczyk, Ross, Humphrey, Jones, Robinson, or Barnett.
    I have a feeling it's going to be Hooker or Adams.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    I have a feeling it's going to be Hooker or Adams.
    No Alabama players please. Ragland. Kirkpatrick, McCarron, Andre Smith etc.Injured from the git-go.

Saban with his need for self-aggrandizement doesn't care a whit about his player's health. His graduates routinely come to the draft with injury questions, because he uses them no matter what.
    marks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    No Alabama players please. Ragland. Kirkpatrick, McCarron, Andre Smith etc.Injured from the git-go.

Saban with his need for self-aggrandizement doesn't care a whit about his player's health. His graduates routinely come to the draft with injury questions, because he uses them no matter what.
    marks.
    Hooker went to OSU and Davis is a LSU guy.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Whoever is left of:

FS Hooker
    SS Adams
    LB Foster
    WR Williams
    CB Lattimore
    SS Peppers

I took off the guys who have zero chance at being drafted by the Bills.

They're not taking a DE/DT with what they have and the fact they took what will end up being 2 DE's last year...Lawson and Washington. You're looking at a DLine of probably Lawson, Dareus, Williams, Hughes. So you're not gonna draft a backup at pick 10...no way, no chance, no how.

They're not taking a TE at pick 10 since they have 34623462345 bazillion dollars tied to that position in Clay...again, backup at pick 10? Nope.

They're not taking a RB at pick 10 since they have 325235325235 bazillion dollars tied to McCoy...same reasoning.

So really what makes sense? Lattimore or Humphrey at CB to replace Gilmore. Hooker at Safety. Or Peppers as a Cover 2 LB. I think your pick is somewhere in that 4 guys.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 661 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    I took off the guys who have zero chance at being drafted by the Bills.

They're not taking a DE/DT with what they have and the fact they took what will end up being 2 DE's last year...Lawson and Washington. You're looking at a DLine of probably Lawson, Dareus, Williams, Hughes. So you're not gonna draft a backup at pick 10...no way, no chance, no how.

They're not taking a TE at pick 10 since they have 34623462345 bazillion dollars tied to that position in Clay...again, backup at pick 10? Nope.

They're not taking a RB at pick 10 since they have 325235325235 bazillion dollars tied to McCoy...same reasoning.

So really what makes sense? Lattimore or Humphrey at CB to replace Gilmore. Hooker at Safety. Or Peppers as a Cover 2 LB. I think your pick is somewhere in that 4 guys.
    Agreed with taking TE and RB off... We'd be bat**** crazy to go after those positions early. But if Garrett or Allen are still there at 10, I think you race up to the podium to hand in your pick.

Realistically though, Safety (if Adams or Hooker are still there) or best CB available are likely the picks. Hooker might actually still be there given he's hurt.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Hooker went to OSU and Davis is a LSU guy.
    I meant Adams, lol I don't know why I called him Davis lol

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Agreed with taking TE and RB off... We'd be bat**** crazy to go after those positions early. But if Garrett or Allen are still there at 10, I think you race up to the podium to hand in your pick.

Realistically though, Safety (if Adams or Hooker are still there) or best CB available are likely the picks. Hooker might actually still be there given he's hurt.
    TE some good prospects this year and it wouldn't shock me if took one in first three days of draft as we sorely lacking depth at the position and some of these could be matchup nightmares coupled with Clay and Watkins on the field.