Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bill polian likes chad kelly

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: bill polian likes chad kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    CBS sports (always use their drafts in the simulator, they're pretty close to relative value) has the Chad as a 6th rounder atm, so taking him earlier might mean the 5th. Coming off the knee there's not going to be much he can do to improve his stock without combine interviews, imho.
    I'm no draft expert, but a trend I've noticed is QBs often go earlier than they are projected. We can't be the only fan base thinking an injured-party-kid-would-be-1st-rounder slipping to the 3rd looks like a good gamble.

2. Post thanked by:

Historian (02-22-2017),Mace (02-22-2017),Night Train (02-22-2017)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    I'm no draft expert, but a trend I've noticed is QBs often go earlier than they are projected.
    Everybody looking for the Holy Grail?

Seems like the recent iterations of the mocks here and there are leaning to 3 QBs taken in the top ten.

Of course, that could all change tomorrow...
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm no draft expert, but a trend I've noticed is QBs often go earlier than they are projected. We can't be the only fan base thinking an injured-party-kid-would-be-1st-rounder slipping to the 3rd looks like a good gamble.
    I'm not sure on talent alone he's a first round QB. I'm not sure any QB in this class is a 1st Round pick on talent alone.

So if you take the injured, party, maturity issues out of it then he's probably a 2nd-3rd Round prospect. Which still puts him either at, or near, the top of the QB class.

I've watched Kizer his entire career and it's been years since I was doing actual scouting but I don't see what people seem to think they are seeing that makes him a franchise guy. Sure he tosses some dimes at times but he's frustratingly inconsistent and his leadership is severely lacking.

Watson is a kid who is all heart but does he have the talent? His arm is average to above average, his athleticism is above average, but his size is below average. He needs large windows to make throws most of the time and wasn't required to do a lot of reading in his offense.

Turbisky is the wild card because nobody has seen enough of him to know what he may or may not be. He's got the full package of size, arm, and athleticism but his year at UNC was up and down and he's got very limited starting experience.

Kelly is a kid who also has it all in a smaller package. His size shouldn't be too much of a worry though every team is going to want to see his hand size. The question for him is can he get more consistent, can he learn to keep his cool on the field, and can he show that next level growth that he flashed at Ole Miss. Kelly is probably the guy least afraid of making a bad throw but he's also the guy whose going to force the ball down the field just because.

Somebody mentioned earlier about the other prospects coming from a spread system and that makes Kelly the most NFL ready, but Kelly also came from a spread system. Now if you want to include the tape watching that Wagon has brought up in his connection with the family then maybe that's true, but from a system standpoint he's at a similar point to the other top guys.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So it looks like Chad in the 3rd would be quite popular.

QBs often go earlier than they should, so how would you feel about a 2nd round pick?
    I still believe Kelly would be in the first round, maybe even first QB taken, discussion if not for the injury. I think the combine issue may have dropped him down a lot of boards into the second or third. I'm OK with the team taking him at any pick in the second round or after...maybe even the first if they trade down. If we go the first three picks without a QB and somebody else snags him in the fourth when we don't have a pick because we're looking to match up perceived value with draft position, I'm going to be pissed.

I honestly wouldn't be a bit surprised if not inviting him to the combine is a ploy by that piece of **** Goodell to scare teams off so he's on the board for that ****er Kraft to snag, get mentored by Brady for a couple of seasons, and put NE in a position to keep kicking our ass for another 15 years.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

6. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (02-22-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I still believe Kelly would be in the first round, maybe even first QB taken, discussion if not for the injury. I think the combine issue may have dropped him down a lot of boards into the second or third. I'm OK with the team taking him at any pick in the second round or after...maybe even the first if they trade down. If we go the first three picks without a QB and somebody else snags him in the fourth when we don't have a pick because we're looking to match up perceived value with draft position, I'm going to be pissed.

I honestly wouldn't be a bit surprised if not inviting him to the combine is a ploy by that piece of **** Goodell to scare teams off so he's on the board for that ****er Kraft to snag, get mentored by Brady for a couple of seasons, and put NE in a position to keep kicking our ass for another 15 years.
    Just to note, the decision to rescind came from Troy Vincent's office not Goodell's. Doesn't mean Goodell didn't have a say.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Just to note, the decision to rescind came from Troy Vincent's office not Goodell's. Doesn't mean Goodell didn't have a say.
    Can't cheat and keep your hands clean without a fall guy...you know, like the cameraman, the ball boy...

9. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Can't cheat and keep your hands clean without a fall guy...you know, like the cameraman, the ball boy...
    I don't disagree.

SpikedLemonade

I have NO interest in Chad Kelly.

The pressure on all concerned would be overwhelming.

It probably drive Chad to drinking like his uncle.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,941 Times in 3,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    I have NO interest in Chad Kelly.

The pressure on all concerned would be overwhelming.

It probably drive Chad to drinking like his uncle.
    If he plays like his uncle we'll all be buying him drinks and we won't care. Or he could suck and go the Johnny Manziel route. I'd be happy to see the Bills take a late round flier on him. Why the F not? The only time my pulse has gotten over 65 during a Bills game in the last decade was when my old lady called me in from the Man Cave to bang her at half time

13. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    If he plays like his uncle we'll all be buying him drinks and we won't care. Or he could suck and go the Johnny Manziel route. I'd be happy to see the Bills take a late round flier on him. Why the F not? The only time my pulse has gotten over 65 during a Bills game in the last decade was when my old lady called me in from the Man Cave to bang her at half time
    Spike has a mandatory "Kelly is a drunk" post quota to meet. If he fails, he doesn't get to suck any **** for two weeks. Devastating for him.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Spike has a mandatory "Kelly is a drunk" post quota to meet. If he fails, he doesn't get to suck any **** for two weeks. Devastating for him.
    Which quota is higher - his on that or your quota on how much Whaley sucks or Yardie's quota on typing Wrecks?
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Which quota is higher - his on that or your quota on how much Whaley sucks or Yardie's quota on typing Wrecks?
    It's not a 'quota' (minimum requirement) per se, as much as it is a 'goal' (maximum number possible) for me.

17. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (02-22-2017),WagonCircler (02-22-2017)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, you're right, but I just wouldn't take him as high as 2nd. I firmly believe we need to get as closed to immediate sure thing contributors at 1/2 this draft as possible.