• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Cutting McCoy?

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
    The Pegulas do not have that history, though. They are running the show now.
    I don't think you can say that anymore. They've made massive mistakes already with coaches and at the GM position. Unforced errors.

The Marrone situation was a cluster****. Rex was a massive blunder. Keeping Whaley is pure, undistilled stupidity. The Lafontaine mess was ugly. And it's beginning to look like the Bylsma hire was a mistake.

I'm grateful to Terry Pegula (sorry, this whole referring to the Bills and Sabres ownership as "them" is just stupid) for spurring downtown development, but there's no shortage of stupid when it comes to his decision making process.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
      I don't think you can say that anymore. They've made massive mistakes already with coaches and at the GM position. Unforced errors.

The Marrone situation was a cluster****. Rex was a massive blunder. Keeping Whaley is pure, undistilled stupidity. The Lafontaine mess was ugly. And it's beginning to look like the Bylsma hire was a mistake.

I'm grateful to Terry Pegula (sorry, this whole referring to the Bills and Sabres ownership as "them" is just stupid) for spurring downtown development, but there's no shortage of stupid when it comes to his decision making process.
      All I said the the Pegulas don't have a history of skimping on money.

You're talking about something different entirely.

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

I think think all the thank yous and appreciation are done, and it's time to realize that Pegula is nothing but another incompetent rich owner.
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• djjimkelly
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
          You want to start rebuilding by overpaying a cornerback?
          yes. what i have read about our new coach. we need CB play to be above average. and ill be honest a tank would mean new qb in 2018 he would be ready to truly compete 2020. and the D will have to be the strength moving forward till the qb i think with a tank this year draft a top qb we can be in contention in 3 the CB plays into that

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
            The Jets are going to be tough to out-tank.
            The Jaguars might tank too. I mean they kept Marrone as HC and Hackett as OC and look like keeping Boyles/Henne at QB and Mike Pettine lookalike Todd Wash at DC.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
              While I do agree with this, McCoy is the only true star on this team at this time. He is the entire offense since there's a dumpster fire at QB and if you release McCoy combined with going with a rookie or NFL journeyman QB there is zero reason to watch the Bills offense let alone be excited by anything on it.

If this team had a real QB than cutting McCoy for caps savings or even trading him would make sense...with the state of the Bills team and their inability to really make it much better in the offseason it doesn't make sense to let him go.
              Add in the fact that the viewing of a RB breaking through the line is more visceral to the paying and watching public. A 60 yard pass completion is exciting, but a 60 yard run is more so.

Having a spiff running back is a time-tested way to gin up a local fan base.

Beyond that, McCoy is a very good RB. Keep 'em, IMO. We all know about the wear factor. Maybe dump him next year? Not scoming year.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• cookie G
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                You want to start rebuilding by overpaying a cornerback?
                ha...funniest thing I read in this forum in weeks.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                  right. So who's watching the Bills for passing?
                  How many running backs in this age of football would you pay to go watch?

Me, none.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                    How many running backs in this age of football would you pay to go watch?

Me, none.
                    Personally I liked the NFL of yesteryear better. Just because it's a pass happy league doesn't make that more entertaining. If you think so great, go watch arena league it's even more passing.

But the short answer is McCoy is more fun to watch than Tie Rod and it's not close.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Hardly enough savings to warrant cutting someone of his caliber. If his cap savings was 15-20 million a year, then this would be an intelligent conversation.

Comment

• mdcas22
                        the mouth of the south
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                        Hardly enough savings to warrant cutting someone of his caliber. If his cap savings was 15-20 million a year, then this would be an intelligent conversation.

if he is cut you can pro rate his dead cap hit over 2 years so you would save 4 Mil this year and have 4 mil in dead cap next year, like I said Id trade him.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                          The Jets are going to be tough to out-tank.
                          They think they are signing Jay Cutler in NYC. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                          X