Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Murray on the hotseat?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Is Murray on the hotseat?

Brandon is with Sabres too now and the Sabres are .500 team that has the talent to be a playoff team but can't put it together.

Nice to see when you move a guy who destroyed one org have the exact same
    effect on the new org.

2. Post thanked by:

Historian (03-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,318 Times in 13,737 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    There's 2 guys named Raddysh; Darren's on defense and Taylor is on RW. (Darren gets a lot of his points via assists.)

NT: I presume you're joking about Hitchcock; he's said this is his last season.
    He said that.

Until Pegula throws uber dollars at him and he can phone it in and make $10 million or so as a retirement bonus, without actually giving a damn cuz he knows he's not part of the future.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,515 Times in 12,051 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    There's 2 guys named Raddysh; Darren's on defense and Taylor is on RW. (Darren gets a lot of his points via assists.)

NT: I presume you're joking about Hitchcock; he's said this is his last season.
    I believe Darren is undrafted and could be signed this off-season....
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Murray has traded for Bogo as part of the Kane deal and took that $5+ million salary on through 2020. That's a cap killer. He also traded for Gorges $4 million salary through next year. It's better when both of these stiffs AREN'T on the ice.

Then he gives away Pysck for Kulikov and his $4.3 million salary. That's $13 million worth of defensive assets that aren't producing at all. Mind you Kulikov got hurt and we also got Asplund... but it doesn't change the fact that Murray owns the result!

Throw in the fact that he signed Moulson @ $5 million and Ennis @ $4.6 million through 2019, you're getting a picture of gross mismanagement.

All of the above equates $22 million worth of rostered trash.

Murray did this. This isn't hold over stuff from Darcy. This is all GMTM.

The Sabres are highly likely to miss the playoffs next year as well. When that happens, Murray and Blysma will be sent packing.

the question that will then remain... what GM worth a damn out there is going to want to come and work for the Pegulas given their track record with two professional sports franchises.

6. Post thanked by:

Historian (03-04-2017),Novacane (03-02-2017),swiper (03-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Murray has traded for Bogo as part of the Kane deal and took that $5+ million salary on through 2020. That's a cap killer. He also traded for Gorges $4 million salary through next year. It's better when both of these stiffs AREN'T on the ice.

Then he gives away Pysck for Kulikov and his $4.3 million salary. That's $13 million worth of defensive assets that aren't producing at all. Mind you Kulikov got hurt and we also got Asplund... but it doesn't change the fact that Murray owns the result!

Throw in the fact that he signed Moulson @ $5 million and Ennis @ $4.6 million through 2019, you're getting a picture of gross mismanagement.

The Sabres are highly likely to miss the playoffs next year as well. When that happens, Murray and Blysma will be sent packing.

the question that will then remain... what GM worth a damn out there is going to want to come and work for the Pegulas given their track record with two professional sports franchises.
    It's all about the naivity of the new owner coming in and telling his GMs that "money is no object" just fix this thing. That is exactly what has ruined the Bills and the Sabres since the Pegulas have come to town. Terry Pegula SUCKS as an owner.

You tell your GM that money is no object then you get those Bogosian, Gorges and Kulikov type of contracts.

Look me in the eye and tell me the Sabres would be in any less of a place today with Pysyk still on the roster and Kulikov in Florida. You can't.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hitchcock is obviously a joke to all of us but that's the type Buffalo considers in football and hockey. I was actually surprised McDermott was hired by the Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Murray owns the pysyk trade. I get the idea behind kulikov, but it didn't work. The Myers bogosian swap didn't work really, but Myers has been on the shelf for the jets, even if he did find his game. Moulson, I get what they were trying to do. Get leadership and someone to put the puck in the net 20 times a year. Moulson has been better this year, but it's marginal. Georges hit his endroad fast.

Those moves haven't paid off, but I see a clear plan coning forward and those being more or less stopgap till the youth can come in and deliver. I'm willing to give him another year and still think the team is heading in the right direction.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who the **** spelled pysyk's name right 100% of the time?

i don't

11. Post thanked by:

Historian (03-04-2017)

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,030 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kane is making him look better with every G. Those are some terrible contracts though.

13. Post thanked by:

coastal (03-03-2017)

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's THN's annual Future Watch, where we countdown the world's top 100 prospects, grade each NHL team's collection of youngsters and provide scouting reports for 300 up-and-comers.

read it at the grocery store, "Sabres are still ahead of every other team in developing their prospects"!
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 03-03-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Those are 5 terrible contracts on lousy players.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ennis was signed right after he played extremely well for a horrible team. His drop-off was sudden. But I don't think it's for lack of effort or skill. Might be bylsma

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,364 Times in 15,495 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Can they send those two guys down and let them rot in Rochester, or are they too old?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Can they send those two guys down and let them rot in Rochester, or are they too old?
    I'm sure those contracts are one-way contracts.

19. Post thanked by:

Historian (03-05-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm sure those contracts are one-way contracts.
    They'd count to the cap and go through waivers but they can be sent down

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/sabres

The Sabres need to have Las Vegas take Ennis, Moulson, or Gorges. Franson and Kulikov will be gone.

Murray has to not only have a good draft, but add some better players via free agency. But who will want to come knowing Bylsma is the coach? That is why he will get fired.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And we r ****ed as far as Bogosian.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Or, you could look at it from another angle. If I'm a GM, I'm looking at all the GMs and coaches that have gotten gigantic contracts and extensions (in the absence of any demonstrable success) and only had to actually work half or two thirds of their duration, but got to collect 100% of the cash.

It's an easy gig with no accountability and a first class golden parachute.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Murray says he has a great relationship with can petersen, but it is sounding like he will go the free agency route. The NCAA freeagent route needs to be addressed