Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh! Are the skids being greased for Whaley?

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Uh oh! Are the skids being greased for Whaley?

Quote Originally Posted by k-oneputt View Post
    Good he can take Brandon with him.
    And until Brandon goes the dysfunction will remain

2. Post thanked by:

Historian (03-24-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    As much as I don't like Whaley I don't see why Pegula has such faith in a coach that hasn't proven ****.
    They listened to and compared the press conferences of Whaley & McDermott. Then they told Whaley to watch some old Marx brothers movies and learn how to be like Harpo. Then they gave him a horn and a whistle in case he wants to communicate.

4. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (03-26-2017),WagonCircler (03-24-2017)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buddo View Post
    To me, this is just speculation. I'll qualify that by saying that of late, OBD is tighter than a duck's arse in water. Pretty much nothing is coming out of there, and I believe it's part of how our new HC wants things to be.

There's going to be no 'draft lunch' this year, and the only availability will be the HC on April 20th, when he will 'answer questions', otherwise known as say lots, tell you nothing.

Get used to the fact that there are going to be many more articles etc. that are either desperate attempts to put two and two together to make 4, or simply speculation, because nobody will actually be getting any real info.
    I hope you're right.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just another example of Pegula not having a clue.Just like Ralph when Nix was stepping down after the draft we ended up with EJ.If your getting rid of Wahley do it before the draft.Him being in the draft room could really screw things up.

7. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (03-26-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Talk in Buffalo that Doug Whaley could be on the way out

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 26, 2017, 5:54 AM EDT
    Getty Images
    Bills General Manager Doug Whaley appears to be on the hot seat, raising questions about who’s really calling the shots in Buffalo heading into the draft.
    Jerry Sullivan of the Buffalo News writes that it seems only a matter of time before Whaley gets moved out. Sullivan suggests that owners Kim and Terry Pegula have decided to give more authority to new head coach Sean McDermott, and Whaley’s power is limited. Sullivan even suggests that it could be that the only reason Whaley hasn’t resigned is he wants the Pegulas to fire him so they’ll be forced to keep paying him until his contract expires.
    The Bills have decided that McDermott, not Whaley, will address reporters at the official annual pre-draft media event. Typically the person who answers questions in that setting is the person who’s calling the shots, and the Bills choosing McDermott to talk to the media on the team’s behalf suggests that McDermott, not Whaley, is calling the shots.
    A similar situation played out in Washington in February, when G.M. Scot McCloughan was kept away from the media. A month later, McCloughan was fired.
    It shouldn’t come as a surprise if Whaley is the next NFL G.M. to lose his job.

9. Post thanked by:

swiper (03-26-2017),Turf (03-26-2017),WagonCircler (03-26-2017)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc37 View Post
    Just another example of Pegula not having a clue.Just like Ralph when Nix was stepping down after the draft we ended up with EJ.If your getting rid of Wahley do it before the draft.Him being in the draft room could really screw things up.
    The Dumb Polack can dig another hole to frack oil but he knows nothing about running a NFL or NHL team.

He needs to hire seasoned experienced NHL/NFL executives and simply get out of their way.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by mdcas22 View Post

Getty Images
    Bills General Manager Doug Whaley appears to be on the hot seat, raising questions about who’s really calling the shots in Buffalo heading into the draft.
    Jerry Sullivan of the Buffalo News writes that it seems only a matter of time before Whaley gets moved out. Sullivan suggests that owners Kim and Terry Pegula have decided to give more authority to new head coach Sean McDermott, and Whaley’s power is limited. Sullivan even suggests that it could be that the only reason Whaley hasn’t resigned is he wants the Pegulas to fire him so they’ll be forced to keep paying him until his contract expires.
    The Bills have decided that McDermott, not Whaley, will address reporters at the official annual pre-draft media event. Typically the person who answers questions in that setting is the person who’s calling the shots, and the Bills choosing McDermott to talk to the media on the team’s behalf suggests that McDermott, not Whaley, is calling the shots.
    A similar situation played out in Washington in February, when G.M. Scot McCloughan was kept away from the media. A month later, McCloughan was fired.

Does Kim know this?

Does Doug know this?

Perhaps Kim can tap him on the top of his head and break the news to him gently.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You forgot to post the video that underscores your point.

13. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (03-26-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There's too much visible smoke on this for there not to be a fire somewhere. Whaley is most likely gone after the draft...maybe sooner.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

15. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (03-26-2017),WagonCircler (03-26-2017)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mdcas22 View Post

Getty Images
    Not saying it's wrong but you can see the media is writing speculation on other media speculation.

Buddo is right. Nothing is coming out of OBD and the media has become a group of crap throwing monkeys.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Not saying it's wrong but you can see the media is writing speculation on other media speculation.

Buddo is right. Nothing is coming out of OBD and the media has become a group of crap throwing monkeys.
    I think the fact that Whaley has basically been completely out of the public eye and McDermott has been the spokesperson thus far and it's already been announced he will be for the draft qualifies as more than 'crap throwing'. Add to those the reports that (allegedly) Whaley was all-in on Lynn and Pegula was pissed about Doug botching the presser, the evidence is starting to mount.

18. Post thanked by:

Night Train (03-26-2017),WagonCircler (03-26-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why do people think OBD would cone out and mention that Whaleys on his way out? The media is always going to be the first to speculate, because obviously when OBD comes out its done and official.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If Whaley is on the way out then why wait until after the draft? You're basically just have him be in the meetings and in the room for what reason?
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

21. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    If Whaley is on the way out then why wait until after the draft? You're basically just have him be in the meetings and in the room for what reason?
    To explain to Russ Brandon what 'tweener' and '4.3 forty' means while McD is making the picks.

Good question, though.

If Pegula knew he was going to fire Wrecks prior to the last week of the season why didn't he do it earlier?

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I agree you turf him now.

Does the Dragon Lady need a few more rounds with Doug?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why would you have a lame duck GM involved n your draft at all? If that's the case who's selecting the players? I wouldn't want Whaley anywhere near what I was doing if I was looking for his replacement. That makes no sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dougie Doug is not going anywhere.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,898 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Dougie Doug is not going anywhere.

Thats what you said about Mario williams
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    To explain to Russ Brandon what 'tweener' and '4.3 forty' means while McD is making the picks.

Good question, though.

If Pegula knew he was going to fire Wrecks prior to the last week of the season why didn't he do it earlier?
    The only advantage you have to firing a coach early is to get a jump on the others teams who will also be in the market. If Pegula didn't have a name in mind that he wanted to jump on before other teams then firing Ryan early provided no strategic advantage.

I don't understand how you let Whaley take part in meeting, help assemble the big board, and give input on personnel discussions if you plan to fire him in a few weeks. I suppose it's possible that he's just showing up to work, playing the crossword and collecting a check but I highly doubt it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    Thats what you said about Mario williams
    Hope I'm wrong again