X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

What do you expect from the New GM?

I think we all have major expectations from the New GM. but one of mine is rebuilding Rochester. For youngsters coming in, creating a winning culture down there will help make the transition easier. And creating a winning organization in Rochester will likely be easier than in Buffalo, at least off the bat. Got to get Rochester back and running.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg
  • Swiper
    • Sep 2010

Re: What do you expect from the New GM?

Geez. Pegula says in his press conference that he hasn't spoken to anybody yet. What a tool. Reporter immediately asks him how he's going to handle the amateur draft coming up in two months without a GM or coach (or heads of scouting) to handle it. Pegula is as lost as an owner could possibly be.

Comment

• daryls61
      • Jan 2013

New GM/Coach will have character, be a good communicator, have a structure to their style/plan and and bring discipline to the players organization.
      The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.

Comment

• Swiper
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by daryls61 View Post
        New GM/Coach will have character, be a good communicator, have a structure to their style/plan and and bring discipline to the players organization.
        I hear him say that, but he doesn't live in that hockey world where GMs do things on a handshake after dinner. He's clueless about a lot of things.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
          I hear him say that, but he doesn't live in that hockey world where GMs do things on a handshake after dinner. He's clueless about a lot of things.
          He should open his checkbook and leave it at that, unless he needs to wine and dine someone.
          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• ckg927
            Not quite Best in the World....
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
            He should open his checkbook and leave it at that, unless he needs to wine and dine someone.
            Do that, and-as the Hockey News' Ken Campbell put it-then get the hell out of the way and let them do their jobs.
            John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
            David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
              Geez. Pegula says in his press conference that he hasn't spoken to anybody yet. What a tool. Reporter immediately asks him how he's going to handle the amateur draft coming up in two months without a GM or coach (or heads of scouting) to handle it. Pegula is as lost as an owner could possibly be.
              Pegula is Clueless.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I expect playoffs this year and a Stanley Cup sooner rather than later.

I know, that's a stupid generic statement but I'm sick and tired of being on the outside looking in for playoffs. Hockey isn't big around here but I know some Rangers and Caps fans who are all excited and I've seen a handful of Bruins fans sporting their jerseys around....meanwhile I'm watching baseball and discussing who the next coach and GM should be for our team. I mean seriously- I'm just a casual fan and I'm pretty sure I could have gotten the team to the playoffs at least once in the last 7 years.

Several times this year, I expressed doubt that this rebuild was working- apparently Pegula now agrees. Too bad it's largely his fault.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  I expect playoffs this year and a Stanley Cup sooner rather than later.

I know, that's a stupid generic statement but I'm sick and tired of being on the outside looking in for playoffs. Hockey isn't big around here but I know some Rangers and Caps fans who are all excited and I've seen a handful of Bruins fans sporting their jerseys around....meanwhile I'm watching baseball and discussing who the next coach and GM should be for our team. I mean seriously- I'm just a casual fan and I'm pretty sure I could have gotten the team to the playoffs at least once in the last 7 years.

Several times this year, I expressed doubt that this rebuild was working- apparently Pegula now agrees. Too bad it's largely his fault.
                  I want high expectations and personnel to be held to it, so your simplistic answer is valid. And yeah, it's what we all want
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

I expect more sh1t show.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                      I expect more sh1t show.
                      Pegula?
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                        I expect more sh1t show.
                        This whole circus is full of clowns and no elephants.

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                          This whole circus is full of clowns and no elephants.
                          And what elephant is going to come work for Pegula at this point?

Comment

Working...
                          X