Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Mayock Mock for Bills - Reuben Foster

If it's Foster or Reddick, I'm happy.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Mayock Mock for Bills - Reuben Foster

Personally, I'd prefer Reddick. Faster, bigger, no character or health red flags. The only drawback with Reddick is a position switch - from pure edge rusher in college to a true linebacker. Besides, unless you put Foster in at mike and render Ragland nearly useless, it's a position switch for Foster too.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

3. Post thanked by:

Buddo (04-27-2017),Mouldsie (04-26-2017),senseofdoom (04-27-2017)

SpikedLemonade

Foster would not be the end of the world.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Foster reminds me of Cowhert
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i'm no scout, but i watched his (fosters) interview on first take the other day and i was less than impressed. the reason is he said something to the effect of 'i was doing something i can't say on national tv.'
    my fear is just saying **** like that (i believe anyway) is gonna get your scrutinized more by the league. just hope if he is the guy he isn't another Dareus ******.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

7. Post thanked by:

Thurmal (04-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd love Foster, but I'm concerned about his physical health, the guys delivers punishment but with that comes a ton of punishment on your own body. How are his shoulders? And he may also be a disaster off the field. No question he's one of the elite guys in this draft.

Reddick would be great if we were still in a 34, hell he may still be great, but you have to project with him since he hasn't really played off the ball.

9. Post thanked by:

cookie G (04-27-2017),k-oneputt (04-27-2017)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    i'm no scout, but i watched his (fosters) interview on first take the other day and i was less than impressed. the reason is he said something to the effect of 'i was doing something i can't say on national tv.'
    my fear is just saying **** like that (i believe anyway) is gonna get your scrutinized more by the league. just hope if he is the guy he isn't another Dareus ******.
    I saw him on ESPN. He's a football player. Perspective.

Like 95% of the players, he'll never split the atom. He's cattle.. wearing our laundry.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Foster is a hell of a prospect and could be a premier LB in the NFL. His off the field stuff is scary, but the guy has the potential to be what Ray Lewis was. His instincts, speed, and ability to hit are off the charts.

The issue with taking Foster is where does he play? If you leave him at ILB then Ragland becomes WLB? If you move Foster to S/WLB then he's out of position and does his potential take a dip? He made seven tackles this past season against RB/WR who were pass catchers which speaks to his ability to read the pass and get to the ball. He also was pretty effective on his blitzes, blitzing 29 times with 1 sacks, 5 hits, and 1 hurry. That's a QB pressure every 4.1 blitzes which isn't bad coming from a ILB spot.

PFF calls him the most complete LB in this draft:
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/col...-crimson-tide/

In the end if you take Foster, it has to be to move him outside to protect Ragland's limited range and allow him to hit holes and fill against the run. Alexander is your blitzer off the edge, Ragland is the fill guy, and Foster is the sideline to sideline LB who does a little of everything.
    Last edited by DraftBoy; 04-27-2017 at 07:38 AM.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

12. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (04-27-2017),Night Train (04-27-2017),The last buffalo fan (04-27-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Foster is a hell of a prospect and could be a premier LB in the NFL. His off the field stuff is scary, but the guy has the potential to be what Ray Lewis was. His instincts, speed, and ability to hit are off the charts.

The issue with taking Foster is where does he play? If you leave him at ILB then Ragland becomes WLB? If you move Foster to S/WLB then he's out of position and does his potential take a dip? He made seven tackles this past season against RB/WR who were pass catchers which speaks to his ability to read the pass and get to the ball. He also was pretty effective on his blitzes, blitzing 29 times with 1 sacks, 5 hits, and 1 hurry. That's a QB pressure every 4.1 blitzes which isn't bad coming from a ILB spot.

In the end if you take Foster, it has to be to move him outside to protect Ragland's limited range and allow him to hit holes and fill against the run. Alexander is your blitzer off the edge, Ragland is the fill guy, and Foster is the sideline to sideline LB who does a little of everything.
    Bullseye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9jHvfASsHs

Just look at this guy. He sets the tone for the whole D. Plays out of his mind on every snap. Fills our OLB need.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,893 Times in 4,017 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So if you attached Foster and Lawson together at their bad shoulders, would that give you one player with 2 good shoulders?

The Bum Shoulder Gang?
    the One Armed Bandits?
    the Fugitives?

Working on a nickname for the new defense already.

15. Post thanked by:

Skooby (04-27-2017),The last buffalo fan (04-27-2017)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    So if you attached Foster and Lawson together at their bad shoulders, would that give you one player with 2 good shoulders?

The Bum Shoulder Gang?
    the One Armed Bandits?
    the Fugitives?

Working on a nickname for the new defense already.
    How about -- The Porous WhoresTM?

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Like DraftBoy & Night Train, I think we can afford to secure a specialized OLB at #10 and still fill our needs at DB given how deep the draft is at the position.

No doubt we'll use a mid round pick on a backup RB.

The only position of need that concerns me is WR. If we don't take one in the first or second, we may just have to make due with who we have. With Tyrod's limitations, it probably doesn't matter anyway.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Is he a McDermott kind of person though? With all of this talk about character, changing the culture, etc, it would be kind of hypocritical to go ahead and draft this guy, wouldn't it?

I'm not saying they should, or shouldn't, just wondering if he's even a consideration.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Eh, I'm wary of Foster. Also unsure if he's a great fit in this defense, or that he really fills a hole on the roster. Moving from the 3-4 to the 4-3 means we already had several ILB's.

10 seems a bit high for Reddick, but his versatility could be really useful for a team that seems to need at least a few LB's. Lance Zeierlein was on Cowherd's show the other day and thought Reddick had the potential to be a transformational player. His ability to rush the passer from a LB position could be valuable, too. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Reddick, personally.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If Reddick is there at 10 I think he's their choice.

22. Post thanked by:

Night Train (04-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,480 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My gut feel is Mahomes is the best QB in the draft and call me nuts if they got him I would still take Kelly in the 5th. At that point I think we could end the QB issues for years to come.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like draft McCaffery at 10 to be honest.

25. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (04-27-2017),Thurmal (04-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like draft McCaffery at 10 to be honest.
    Me either. It would fill zero holes, be a complete luxury pick, and alienate our team's only star player. It's the EXACT kind of pick the Bills would make.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Great points! How did Saban utilize the two when they were on the field together at Alabama? That duo was ridiculous!