X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: whaley fired

Timing is odd especially with the Sammy decision looming as well as signing of undrafted free agents. Hopefully we don't forget all this during the GM search.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
      You're next Russ.
      Getting filthy drunk when and if that happens.

Comment

• ckg927
        Not quite Best in the World....
        • Aug 2012

SPEAKING of "house cleaning"....TheScore.com is reporting through their app that the entire scouting staff will likely be turfed as well.
        Last edited by ckg927; 04-30-2017, 08:27 AM.
        John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
        David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

LOL, that goofy ass MF is never getting fired...Besides, doesn't he own part of the Bills?
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

you bastages all got your wish ! we just lost the best GM in football and you hounds from hell have been beating the drum for his head on a platter for years and now you got what you wanted. Whaley was the best GM we've had in years. without him at the helm we will be lost. We will probably go years now with out a playoff appearance.
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
              you bastages all got your wish ! we just lost the best GM in football and you hounds from hell have been beating the drum for his head on a platter for years and now you got what you wanted. Whaley was the best GM we've had in years. without him at the helm we will be lost. We will probably go years now with out a playoff appearance.
              Oh, I get it. You're one of those parody accounts.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Buddo View Post

I'm also very wary about giving McDermott the amount of power it appears he's getting. He's done precisely nothing as a HC, to warrant the degree of control it seems he's getting. The likes of Reid, Belichick etc. had to earn that power, over a number of years, and they did earn it.
                I agree.

They are placing all their eggs in the McDermott basket, especially if they poach their GM from the Panthers.

There have been encouraging signs, but this is a Head Coach who has never coached a game at this level before.

That's a big gamble.

Huge.

Hopefully he's the next Parcells or Walsh.

Given Buffalo's history, he could be the next Gregg Williams or Hank Bullough tho.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
                  LOL!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I hope whoever replaces him knows how to find talent off the street because McD hasnt proven anything. All we've seen from his last giig at Panthers is that he wasnt anything special as a coach when his players went down to injury so he will need a very good GM. Its kinda scary that McD has been given a lot of power considering his lack of experience.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                      You're next Russ.
                      Not that I'm a fan of Russ...

But if Russ Brandon is responsible for the things a lot of people think he is, I figure those people who are glad Whaley is gone should be thanking Russ Brandon for that. right? After all, Russ Brandon was behind firing Doug Whaley. Right?

Great job, Russ!
                      Last edited by feldspar; 04-30-2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                        Not that I'm a fan of Russ...

But if Russ Brandon is responsible for the things a lot of people think he is, I figure those people who are glad Whaley is gone should be thanking Russ Brandon for that. right? After all, Russ Brandon was behind firing Doug Whaley. Right?

Great job, Russ!
                        It doesnt work that way.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

If we can lose with Whaley we can certainly lose without him.

If he's so great at evaluating talent where are the players?

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                            It doesnt work that way.
                            Which way does it work then?

Brandon is just behind anything negative you can think of?

How come he had nothing to do with Whaley's firing then? Did he not play a role hiring McDermott? How much of a role did he play in this year's Bills draft? Does he pull personnel strings with the Sabres, affecting the Bylsma and Murray firings too?

Explain.

Explain to me how it works. You seem to know, so I'd appreciate it if you let me in on it.

I'm not defending Brandon in any way here, either. Just asking a simple question...How does it work then?
                            Last edited by feldspar; 04-30-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                              I agree.They are placing all their eggs in the McDermott basket, especially if they poach their GM from the Panthers.There have been encouraging signs, but this is a Head Coach who has never coached a game at this level before.That's a big gamble.
                              Absolutely...and it's still the most acceptable plan we've had in 17 years of floundering. Ralph once lost his mind (1978) and gave all the controls to Chuck Knox, who turned the team around quickly and made the Bills a good team. Then he went cheap and Knox was gone. Knox got the ultimate raw deal.

Single minded leadership can work with the right help surrounding him. I'll let him bring in some of the Carolina people and see if it works. Let's give him a fair shake.

He had a good weekend wheeling and dealing. Now we have talent and two #1's next year. So far, so good. Can't coach a game for months... so let him do the work he can do to improve this organization which has been without direction for far too long.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Manwiththeplan
                                • Aug 2014

I'd think that the Pegulas probabaly sat around and read the various articles that have came out. The ones pointing to the fact that drafted players are no longer even on the team. The number of 1 year contracts we had to contend with this year.
                                I also think this gives credit to statements about whaley having issues with just about every coach that he has been with. I think with Mcdermot they want to bring in someone that can work with him....rather than it being a constant rift between the two.

The part i question is... is he out of the pegulas life completely or just as the bills gm...

Comment

Working...
                                X