Monos, Fisher. Overdorf possibly soon.

2. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (04-30-2017)

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Lots fired

Also mentions Whaley ran this draft, not McDermott.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Line em up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is exactly what I feared would be the case. The Pro-Personnel/FA side of things, have pretty much consistently done good work, and we just throw that away, and have to start again. I'm not too sure wtf the Pegulas were evaluating, but it sure wasn't that.

Just when we might have got the right guy as HC, we stuff things up by giving him the keys to the kingdom, and if he's not up to one part of the job, everyone loses out.

The Pegulas would appear to be in one of those 'two steps forward, one step back' modes.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The pro personnel folks have done some good work. No more, no less than expected such a team should do. For every player they hit on you can name one if not two they missed on.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buddo View Post
    This is exactly what I feared would be the case. The Pro-Personnel/FA side of things, have pretty much consistently done good work, and we just throw that away, and have to start again. I'm not too sure wtf the Pegulas were evaluating, but it sure wasn't that.

Just when we might have got the right guy as HC, we stuff things up by giving him the keys to the kingdom, and if he's not up to one part of the job, everyone loses out.

The Pegulas would appear to be in one of those 'two steps forward, one step back' modes.
    I don't see why we should be enamored with mediocrity and failure. We're not losing anything valuable. I think Pegula finally knows what he's looking for.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    I don't see why we should be enamored with mediocrity and failure. We're not losing anything valuable. I think Pegula finally knows what he's looking for.
    Well, if that is true, the DP should be hiring an experienced NFL Football Executive/Guru/VP--Football/Whatever to run this thing because the DP is embarrassing himself.

9. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (05-01-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I highly doubt Whaley ran the draft..........the Pegulas just don't want to totally throw dirt on Whaley so clearly they're throwing him a small bone.
    You can call me streetkings

11. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (05-01-2017),kgun12 (04-30-2017),Mace (04-30-2017),Night Train (04-30-2017)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by streetkings01 View Post
    I highly doubt Whaley ran the draft..........the Pegulas just don't want to totally throw dirt on Whaley so clearly they're throwing him a small bone.

In return for all the big bone Doug threw in her.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This franchise is so backwards. Why wouldn't you do this after the season so you can get your new GM to hire the coach and draft the players he wants. Now all this does is give the franchise few years of additional excuses: (a) year 1 recovering from Whaley; (b) year two new GM getting feet wet/fixing prior mess; (c) new GM needs his coach; (d) year four new coach/new schemes need time; etc.

14. Post thanked by:

Zero (04-30-2017)

SpikedLemonade

WTF?

Who is Lots?

Is he the guy who removes the hair from the drains in the shower?

God Damn it!

He was THE best.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EDS View Post
    This franchise is so backwards. Why wouldn't you do this after the season so you can get your new GM to hire the coach and draft the players he wants. Now all this does is give the franchise few years of additional excuses: (a) year 1 recovering from Whaley; (b) year two new GM getting feet wet/fixing prior mess; (c) new GM needs his coach; (d) year four new coach/new schemes need time; etc.
    if said gm comes from the same place the head coach came from, he already has his coach. I'm not saying it's not a bit backwards. Maybe after McD came in and talked to pegulas and pointed out certain obvious flaws with whaley and then they did some research, they came to the conclusion that in the long run Whaley just isnt helping the team or the coaches. seems to me that whaley has had friction with every coach that we have had.

You can say Whaley had a hand in the draft all you want but look at where players were drafted from under Nix and Whaley in previous years...now look at this draft...totally different.

Plus there is no year recovering from Whaley....draft is over... by next year new scouts and gm will be in place and life will go on.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The presser is just a performance and nothing more.

18. Post thanked by:

sudzy (04-30-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Manwiththeplan View Post
    if said gm comes from the same place the head coach came from, he already has his coach. I'm not saying it's not a bit backwards. Maybe after McD came in and talked to pegulas and pointed out certain obvious flaws with whaley and then they did some research, they came to the conclusion that in the long run Whaley just isnt helping the team or the coaches. seems to me that whaley has had friction with every coach that we have had.

You can say Whaley had a hand in the draft all you want but look at where players were drafted from under Nix and Whaley in previous years...now look at this draft...totally different.

Plus there is no year recovering from Whaley....draft is over... by next year new scouts and gm will be in place and life will go on.
    Top two picks were from the south east region, the Bills main draft stomping grounds from Nix through Whaley.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EDS View Post
    Top two picks were from the south east region, the Bills main draft stomping grounds from Nix through Whaley.
    true...though no Clemson, no Alabama.

Interesting to see what the trend is next year.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Overdorf is up to the new GM. That's fine.

It was always weird having him report directly to Russ/Pegs and effectively manage the cap. It left Whaley as a scout with some roster control, but no ability to be strategic longterm.

My bet is the new GM says goodbye to Overdorf, but either way the org structure finally makes sense.

22. Post thanked by:

Mace (04-30-2017)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    Overdorf is up to the new GM. That's fine.

It was always weird having him report directly to Russ/Pegs and effectively manage the cap. It left Whaley as a scout with some roster control, but no ability to be strategic longterm.

My bet is the new GM says goodbye to Overdorf, but either way the org structure finally makes sense.
    More sense

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,895 Times in 4,355 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So the Bills get an A from most people in the draft and then they go and fire everyone. Only in Buffalo, only in Buffalo. Can't make this **** up.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    So the Bills get an A from most people in the draft and then they go and fire everyone. Only in Buffalo, only in Buffalo. Can't make this **** up.
    Well, I wouldn't get too dazzled until the picks pan out though either.

26. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (04-30-2017)

Theres Fast Food, Then Theres KFC whkfc's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mickey Mouse Organization. Actually that's not fair to Mickey Mouse.

28. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (05-01-2017),TacklingDummy (04-30-2017)