• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Eli vs Romo vs Rivers

Who should be in the hall of fame?

And just for bills discussion who would you take right now if all became available

In terms of bringing us to a playoff I would say Romo if healthy, who has accomplished the most is Eli, and who is a HOF talent who just never got a chance based on how bad his team is I'd say Rivers

I feel like these 3 are always bunched together and its interesting to see how people view their careers. It's basically Marino, Kelly, Aikman all over. Montana and Elway are thw Brady and Manning of the past decade. Roethlisberger is the Favre of now in days
    Last edited by Cali512; 05-10-2017, 03:06 PM.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Swiper
    • Sep 2010

Re: Eli vs Romo vs Rivers

All very good QBs in their prime. None of them HOFers IMO. And who I would take right now? As a Bills fan, beggars shouldn't be choosers. They're all good. But IDK.

Besides it doesn't matter. None of the three are coming here. I think all three are all on the downside of their peak at this point. How serviceable they are? I'll let the 2017 season play out to answer that. Any of them could have a top-ten QB season still.

To me, Manning is particularly perplexing. He has proven so durable. There are time he does look like an All-Pro. Then there are long stretches that he looks just awful. I live in the NYC area and his HOF status is debated on sports radio routinely. Some insist he is. Some insist he isn't. With Eli it always seems to be what have you done for me lately. And the Giants have started thinking about life after Manning already, and publicly so.

It's going to be a strange QB year. Houston starting a guy named Tom Savage. And Colin Kaepernick out of football?
    Last edited by swiper; 05-10-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Colin isn't a football player. He doesn't have the drive to be an elite QB or even solid.
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Eli has two rings, he's in.
        Romo has all of the QB records, over Staubach and Aikman, so he'll get in.
        Rivers is Dan Fouts re-incarnated (who also is a HOFer), so he's in too.

Half of the QBs and RBs already inducted don't belong anyhow, there is no use to start getting picky now.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

best QB in that 2004 draft was Roethlisberger.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
            Who should be in the hall of fame?

And just for bills discussion who would you take right now if all became available

In terms of bringing us to a playoff I would say Romo if healthy, who has accomplished the most is Eli, and who is a HOF talent who just never got a chance based on how bad his team is I'd say Rivers

I feel like these 3 are always bunched together and its interesting to see how people view their careers. It's basically Marino, Kelly, Aikman all over. Montana and Elway are thw Brady and Manning of the past decade. Roethlisberger is the Favre of now in days
            Rothlisberger is very good, and a likely HOFer, but he is not Favre. Favre is a three time NFL MVP and has counting stats Big Ben will never touch.

As for the initial question, I don't think Romo makes it to the HOF but Eli and Rivers are good bets to get in.

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Eli has two rings, he's in.
              Romo has all of the QB records, over Staubach and Aikman, so he'll get in.
              Rivers is Dan Fouts re-incarnated (who also is a HOFer), so he's in too.

Half of the QBs and RBs already inducted don't belong anyhow, there is no use to start getting picky now.

You seriously underestimate the Hof. Every serious analyst laughs at the idea of Romo being a Hofer even with his stats. Since he never accomplished a thing in the NFL except stats along with single handedly costing them at least 3-4 playoff games/apperances
              Eli is the most intriguing because he I some ways is one of the most accomplished QBs the past 10 years, but statistically has had years of being one of the worst QBs the past ten years.
              Rivers is the most talented QBs of bunch, and has accomplished more than Romo but less than Manning, along with having very obviously worse teams than the other two. I think he has no shot. If Andre Reed took as long as he did, being top 15-20 in most categories, than rivers has no chance.

You have to look at QBs in a harsher light now in days. stats keep rising due to the job of a QB being less physical than ever, along with the job if receivers being deemed untouchable. Put 95% of the QBs now in days (even Brees) most QBs would of sucked in the 90s and below.

The only QBs who would of transitioned well is Brady, Eli, Roethlisberger, and Rivers

Cam, Romo, Brees, Palmer, luck are to soft to of played in the 90s

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                Rothlisberger is very good, and a likely HOFer, but he is not Favre. Favre is a three time NFL MVP and has counting stats Big Ben will never touch.

As for the initial question, I don't think Romo makes it to the HOF but Eli and Rivers are good bets to get in.

I don't mean they are the same player, I just mean when you look at success of the teams, I would say Roethlisberger is the favre of the NFL right now. Elite skill set, makes amazing plays, yet also makes dumb plays

I guess Rodgers was a better comparison

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Hall Of Very Good.

HOF ? Not so sure.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• k-oneputt
                    • Jun 2009

Roeth, Rivers, Eli....in

Sorry Romo. Good but not enough.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                      • Nov 2007

ben and rivers pass the 'eyetest' to me.

not eli and definitely not romo. i think of romo like i do of bledsoe for some reason even though their games are different
                      I came.
                      I saw.
                      I conquered.

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

None should make it.
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                          best QB in that 2004 draft was Roethlisberger.
                          Losman if he went to Pittsburgh. Buffalo ruined him.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Eli has been clutch in big games when it mattered the the most. He had everything to do with those two Super Bowl runs.

I'd take him over the other two any day of the week, without a doubt.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                              Eli has been clutch in big games when it mattered the the most. He had everything to do with those two Super Bowl runs.

I'd take him over the other two any day of the week, without a doubt.
                              That's my thought.

All three of them have a history of startling you with the game-on-the-line crumple. I can't really say they make me gnash my teeth on a last minute game winning potential possession because I figure they have a good chance of goofing it up.

But while Eli Manning will often crumple in the regular season, he always appeared to me to become a different QB in the postseason. You remember his goof ups in the regular season, but you know you're not watching that guy anymore.

Eli is the best of them, imho, all three will probably get in with the way it works now, not sure any of them should without rings. But Manning earned those rings and I think he'll go down in memory as a guy who stepped up his game when it counted.
                              Last edited by Mace; 05-10-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X