Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eli vs Romo vs Rivers

Thanks
    Thanked 5,942 Times in 3,494 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Eli vs Romo vs Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Football is a team sport. Manning doesn't get into the HOF for having won those two games. The Giants beat the Patriots. It wasn't Manning beat Brady.

I would have agreed with this 20 years ago. Now? The QB is as important as the pitcher in baseball and he gets the W's and L's. And it's not just 2 games it's the other playoff games too. Eli is in

Romo is a choker. For God's sake he choked away one playoff game because he couldn't handle the snap from center as a FG holder. Good player but to me he's not even in the HOF conversation.

Fouts was a better player than Rivers, stats are inflated in today's league. Rivers is out also, another guy that came up small in big games more often than not.

2. Post thanked by:

upstart (05-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

None of the Above!

LOSMAN!

Championship!
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

4. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (05-11-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Eli will probably get to around 5th all time in yards passing. Add in 2 SB's and he will get in. His performance in those playoff runs really puts him over the top cause his regular season stats are pretty average. Although they are average he is an iron man, I think he has never missed one game for injury and the shear volume of averagishness will get him in. I dont think the other two get in.

The ironic thing is overall I think Romo and Rivers are better than Eli but they dont have the post season stats and in Romo's case, also not the volume.
    Last edited by MattyNH; 05-11-2017 at 03:19 PM.

6. Post thanked by:

Mouldsie (05-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    I don't mean they are the same player, I just mean when you look at success of the teams, I would say Roethlisberger is the favre of the NFL right now. Elite skill set, makes amazing plays, yet also makes dumb plays

I guess Rodgers was a better comparison
    Rodgers is Favre without the stupid INT's.

For my money I'd take Rivers of the 3 you mentioned. Prob take him over Ben too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
    None of the Above!

LOSMAN!

Championship!
    We couldn't even get it right between Losman and Schaub

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Between Rivers, Romo, and E. Manning, I would probably want Rivers as my QB. I don't see how you can divorce Romo from his injury issues. I think Rivers, from my perspective gives you a more competitive leader than Eli, to go with his talent.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

9. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know. Rivers always comes up short. for all the talk about him, he just never seems to carry the team.

The person who commented on Kelly is completely misguided. Was he (or she) a football fan during the Kelly years? Kelly consistently, year after year, delivered high quality, high win totals etc One of the defining players of his era. None of the three mentioned were even close. Granted he had a good team but Rivers had Tomlinson etc. during their Marty-ball era.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Losman if he went to Pittsburgh. Buffalo ruined him.
    JP ruined Buffalo. The only way to ruin a QB with talent is to put him behind an O-line so bad he gets shellshocked. That did not happen with JP. He never was good enough to ruin.

I remember early in the 2 QBs careers, many Bills fans thought JP was better than Eli & posted it constantly on Bills message boards. They were wrong.