It is an efficient way of processing an assessment in a microwave society.

Fact: Frank Alexander is a three-time offender of the NFL’s substance policy.

Conclusion: There is no need to pay attention to someone with such an inglorious past and it is heresy for an upstanding organization like the B.C. Lions to give him the time of day.

There, judgment served. B.C. would be better off trying to improve its pass rush some other way.

So maybe there’s been a miscalculation, or a 27-year-old who has run out of chances thanks to three strikes with the Carolina Panthers has simply tricked the Lions into giving him a last chance.

Once in awhile, however, there is value to the spoken word, and the Lions are hoping what Alexander has said and done since stumbling is reason to believe in his reincarnation, for reasons beyond what he might do for their chances of success in the CFL season ahead.

It starts in almost-improbable fashion at the Lions’ rookie camp Thursday in Kamloops, where a player who already has qualified for his NFL pension will line up with fellow newcomers.

The Lions’ defence has been changed so dramatically during the winter there are opportunities galore, and for that reason alone it might be suggested they have no choice but to reach out to someone with a few extra lines on his resume.

They are not, however, giving another chance to some who is simply trouble.

“I’m not a drug addict,” he says, looking directly at his questioner. “I hope people don’t judge me off what the media is portraying. I’m a father to two beautiful daughters. I’m a son to my mother and father. We’re trying to figure out how to pay my debts and then pay for my sister to go to college and to keep up the house. When people say (negative things) it motivates me to prove them wrong.”

Of course, Alexander put himself in a position to be viewed differently when he ran afoul of NFL policy through his use of marijuana. A lot of it, he said, was brought on over concern at the time about a mother who had to overcome breast cancer and a diabetic father who had to deal with a heart attack.More...
http://3downnation.com/2017/05/25/ca...-chance-lions/