Thread: Summer Watch - RB Cedric O'Neal

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Summer Watch - RB Cedric O'Neal

5-10 3/4 215lbs. 4.5 guy - Valdosta St.

Have caught a couple locals stating he stood out in the OTA's with his ability to stick his foot and make the quick cut inside to the hole. 49 TD's in college.

As LeSean McCoy wisely said after practice, it's really tough to tell which one of the young, backup running backs is going to make the biggest impact for the team this season because it's not training camp just yet, and the pads aren't on. However, for the third week in a row (counting rookie minicamp) Cedric O'Neal -- at least to my eye -- was the most explosive, non-LeSean McCoy, Bills running back on the field. O'Neal has taken to the principles of the zone-read running system quite well and displays quickness when he plants his foot in the ground and cuts it up the field. Jonathan Williams was the second-most notable on the field of the backup runners, although, near the end of practice, a positional coach yelled out to Williams, "Put your foot in the ground!" Which, in coach-speak, means to plant the foot and move up the field, as opposed, to hesitate and keep running toward the sideline, which is what Williams did on that particular rep. There's still a long way to go at the backup running back position, but O'Neal is an early standout.

Joe Buscaglia - Local Ch.7/ABC

Watching.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

2. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (05-28-2017),John Doe (05-28-2017)

SpikedLemonade

Re: Summer Watch - RB Cedric O'Neal

It seems it is not difficult to find good college talent at the RB position these days.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

VSU!

Nice hurdle.

Night Train read my mind.

Who's going to be the Bills #2 RB?

Roster of Potential Backup Running Backs:

Joe Banyard

Jordan Johnson

Cedric O'Neal

Jonathan Williams

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There was a reason why I included him on my original 53 man projection. He could very easily make this team.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    5-10 3/4 215lbs. 4.5 guy - Valdosta St.

Have caught a couple locals stating he stood out in the OTA's with his ability to stick his foot and make the quick cut inside to the hole. 49 TD's in college.

As LeSean McCoy wisely said after practice, it's really tough to tell which one of the young, backup running backs is going to make the biggest impact for the team this season because it's not training camp just yet, and the pads aren't on. However, for the third week in a row (counting rookie minicamp) Cedric O'Neal -- at least to my eye -- was the most explosive, non-LeSean McCoy, Bills running back on the field. O'Neal has taken to the principles of the zone-read running system quite well and displays quickness when he plants his foot in the ground and cuts it up the field. Jonathan Williams was the second-most notable on the field of the backup runners, although, near the end of practice, a positional coach yelled out to Williams, "Put your foot in the ground!" Which, in coach-speak, means to plant the foot and move up the field, as opposed, to hesitate and keep running toward the sideline, which is what Williams did on that particular rep. There's still a long way to go at the backup running back position, but O'Neal is an early standout.

Joe Buscaglia - Local Ch.7/ABC

Watching.
    I would much rather have Mike Gillislee in our pocket than a bunch of maybes! It's crazy.

7. Post thanked by:

kishoph (05-30-2017)