Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Hated Players of all time by Bills fans

Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Top 10 Hated Players of all time by Bills fans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    I hate it when people say that. If you feel that way then you're far too high on your pedestal and perhaps not passionate enough to get the pure, unadulterated fan hatred.
    Agreed. If the Bills had Brady, I would be happy with the level of play of course, but the petulance and constant whining to refs would be embarrassing and still rub me the wrong way. It's also ridiculous when people say that if you dislike Brady, you're just jealous of his life. Right, because he's obviously the first athlete ever to be rich and have a hot wife.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

2. Post thanked by:

Mr. Miyagi (06-22-2017),OpIv37 (06-24-2017)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

For Bills it's Chris Watson, JP Losman and Leodis McKelvin.

Non Bills it's Brady, Edelman, & Javon Landry
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

4. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (06-23-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

On the other hand, I don't necessarily HATE Bills players for sucking. They probably did the best they could, it's not their fault they have no talent and the dumbass team drafted them anyway. Trent Edwards, Mike Williams, Maybin, JP, McCargo. They wanted to be good more than anyone else, but too bad they sucked. Sorry.

Guys that ran their mouths and act like an arrogant dickhead God's gift to mankind piss me off the most. Brady, Whitner, McGahee, Edlemann, Bruschi, OBJ, Cam.
    I've read that Mike Williams underachieved. Not entirely his fault: his coaches didn't hold him accountable, the way they did with the other offensive linemen. If he'd had better coaching--coaches which didn't let him slack off--maybe with his ability he could have become something. Or, maybe he would have washed out anyway due to lack of innate passion.

It's possible--but by no means certain--that Maybin used steroids before the draft in an effort to bulk up without losing speed or that "quick first step." At some point after the draft, of course, you have to stop using steroids, in order to avoid getting caught. If true, this would mean that Maybin deliberately deceived the Bills into thinking he was a much better prospect than he was, so that he could get a big payday when he signed his rookie contract. I understand the temptation, and I think lots of people would engage in such behavior if by doing so they could be set for life financially.

I have no problem with Trent Edwards. But if I could change one thing about his personality, it would be to make him a little less . . . domesticated. A football player should have a wild animal streak in him. A wild animal must be strong, because its environment is harsh. The opposite of being a wild animal is to be domesticated, tame, weak, politically correct. There was a little too much of that tameness in Trent Edwards. But he seemed like a good guy, and I wanted him to succeed.
    Last edited by Arm of Harm; 06-22-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,902 Times in 13,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

1. JP Losman.

10. JP Losman.

2. - 9. JP Losman.
    My tebya razdavim

7. Post thanked by:

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    1. JP Losman.

10. JP Losman.

2. - 9. JP Losman.
    I just don't see how you can hate Losman. So he wasn't good, but he wasn't a dick about it. He tried REALLY hard, I'm sure. He wanted to be good more than we all did. And for sucking and disappointing the fans, he got canned and out of the league for it. Remember he was "all in"? Bought a house in downtown when nobody else did? Why the hate?

9. Post thanked by:

kishoph (06-23-2017)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I just don't see how you can hate Losman. So he wasn't good, but he wasn't a dick about it. He tried REALLY hard, I'm sure. He wanted to be good more than we all did. And for sucking and disappointing the fans, he got canned and out of the league for it. Remember he was "all in"? Bought a house in downtown when nobody else did? Why the hate?
    No he didn't. He had an ego. He bought a house to try and cash in on all the ass he was planning on getting. He was horrible and lazy.
    Trent Edwards wasn't as talented but he put forth an effort and players actually rallied around him. Losman was the opposite, he blew it all up and it took years to repair.

I understand not hating players for sucking, but Losman was a special kind of disaster.
    Last edited by The King; 06-23-2017 at 09:40 AM.

11. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (06-24-2017)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,470 Times in 9,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    No he didn't. He had an ego. He bought a house to try and cash in on all the ass he was planning on getting. He was horrible and lazy.
    Trent Edwards wasn't as talented but he put forth an effort and players actually rallied around him. Losman was the opposite, he blew it all up and it took years to repair.

I understand not hating players for sucking, but Losman was a special kind of disaster.
    I never really hated any Bills players but you reminded me how much I despised Trent Edwards.

He put forth the effort and players rallied around him ? Huh ? Every sideline shot had him sitting by himself at the end of the bench fussing with his hair. In close games ? There he was, by himself, not in the middle of his offense or prowling the sidelines. I remember him not paying attention to the lone offensive assistant trying to show him something in a close game. Edwards just stared blankly at the field, smoothing his hair.

Remember that time Clay Matthews sacked him ? Looked like he was screwing Edwards when he braced himself on Trent's back shoving his nose into the turf before doing his pose. The o-line didn't rush over in defense, they stood and watched, hands on hips.

And just so because he wouldn't just freaking throw the ball, even away if he had to. Play after play, game after game, he was compelled to complete the checkdown behind the line of scrimmage to a swarmed back, or the 3rd and 8 one yard pass to a swarmed back, or take the hideous sack before timidly getting back up and going to the sidelines to sit on the edge of the bench by himself to redo his hair.

I've never seen a QB so timid and less defended by his teammates, because he didn't defend them, it was never his fault, he convinced himself he was "taking" what they gave and if it didn't work, and most often it didn't, well he did was he was supposed to.

Oh Trent Edwards was a special kind of abysmal in his own right.

13. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm closing in on 50 years as a fan in a few, there is no way in hell I can narrow it down to 10.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

15. Post thanked by:

Historian (06-24-2017),Night Train (06-26-2017)

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills:

Willis McNugget
    OJ Simpson
    Tiny Tim the Pizza Man Anderson
    Robosack
    Leodis McFumbles
    Mike the Bust Williams
    Erika Flowers
    Eddie got pwnd by Chad Pennington Robinson
    Jeff Touchdown Kansas City Teul
    JD Williams

Opponents

Brian Cox
    Tom Brady
    Teddy Brewski
    Emmitt Smith
    Mark Friggen Ingram
    Gregg Lloyd
    Deion Sanders
    Natrone Means
    Dan Marino
    Troy Aikman

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,470 Times in 9,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I'm closing in on 50 years as a fan in a few, there is no way in hell I can narrow it down to 10.
    Damn you're old.

18. Post thanked by:

YardRat (06-24-2017)

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,902 Times in 13,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I just don't see how you can hate Losman. So he wasn't good, but he wasn't a dick about it.
    Even his mother thought he was a dick.

Troy Vincent broke his leg because he was a dick.

He got his coaches fired because he was a dick.

And when the Bills let him go finally, NO ONE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE offered him even a Waterboy's job.

Because he was a dick.

And all his fans? The Losmaniacs?

They were dicks too. It's why they liked him.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know what shiva's continued infatuation with Losman is, but Losman was more about a horrible decision in the pick than it was about the player. Players often don't work. But reaching to take Losman effectively ended Tom Donahoe's career as a GM (he never worked again). And Aaron Rodgers seems very happy in Green Bay. But I can still see him in Red, White and Blue.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I don't know what shiva's continued infatuation with Losman is, but Losman was more about a horrible decision in the pick than it was about the player. Players often don't work. But reaching to take Losman effectively ended Tom Donahoe's career as a GM (he never worked again). And Aaron Rodgers seems very happy in Green Bay. But I can still see him in Red, White and Blue.
    The end of TD's career wasn't solely about the Losman pick. In 2005--TD's last year--the Bills had become an aging team with a bad record, and little young talent. The Bills hadn't yet given up on Losman when the decision was made to pull the plug on TD. Put another way: TD's handling of non-QB positions was bad enough to get him fired even before taking into account the Losman bust.

In the 2006 draft Marv Levy didn't take any QBs, even though he could have had Jay Cutler. I'm not saying Cutler is Hall of Fame material or anything, but he's certainly a big upgrade over Losman! Instead of taking Cutler 8th overall, Marv chose to use the pick on SS Donte Whitner.

Initially TD had wanted to trade up for Roethlisberger, but decided Houston's asking price was too high. He felt comfortable with his Plan B, which was to draft Losman. Drafting Losman also (apparently) meant not drafting Aaron Rodgers in 2006, or Jay Cutler in 2007. Losman was a GM killer and a coach killer. I realize it's not Losman's fault that the Bills had third-rate GMs during his time with the team. But we really, really took it on the chin because of that one player. We could have had a top-5 ever QB (Aaron Rodgers) had it not been for Losman.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,074 Times in 15,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

1. Rod Kush
    2. Tom Cousineau
    3. Rob Johnson
    4. Deon Sanders
    5. Tom Brady
    6. Keyshawn Johnson
    7. Boomer Esiason
    8. Nick Buoniconti
    9. Horst Muhlmann
    10. Ron Smith

All *******s for various reasons.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Aaron Rodgers is not a Top 5 of all time QB.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Aaron Rodgers is not a Top 5 of all time QB.
    Aaron Rodgers has achieved a career rating of 7.9 yards per pass attempt, compared to 7.5 for Joe Montana and 7.5 for Tom Brady. Rodgers has six 4000 yard seasons, compared to none for Montana and eight for Brady. (Brady has been in the league five years longer than Rodgers.) I'm not a big fan of QB rating, but for what it's worth Rodgers has a career QB rating of 104.1, compared to 97.2 for Brady and 92.3 for Montana.

I'm far more interested in a QB's pocket passing than I am in his rushing. That said, Rodgers averaged 5.1 yards a carry, compared to 1.8 yards per carry for Brady and 3.7 for Montana.

Rodgers also produced the best quarterbacking performance I've ever seen. It was the Super Bowl: Green Bay against Pittsburgh. Green Bay's offensive line was getting completely dominated by the Steelers. The Packers couldn't run the ball, and they couldn't stop the run. Despite receiving almost no pass protection whatsoever, Rodgers made one inaccurate throw the whole game. One. (Which fell incomplete.) Every throw other than that one was basically perfect. To the right target, and thrown about as accurately as a football can be thrown. I've never seen any other QB have a performance like that even with good pass protection. But when a QB has to run for his life practically every single play, and still manages to put up a performance like that, it's something. Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, or Tom Brady wouldn't have won that Super Bowl for Green Bay.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    1. Rod Kush
    2. Tom Cousineau
    3. Rob Johnson
    4. Deon Sanders
    5. Tom Brady
    6. Keyshawn Johnson
    7. Boomer Esiason
    8. Nick Buoniconti
    9. Horst Muhlmann
    10. Ron Smith

All *******s for various reasons.
    In a way I am glad Cosineau said F you to us as he became Jim Kelly. So really it was all good.

Registered User Wally The Barber's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 735 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You lads are way to young

Dan Marino Larry Csonka Joe Namath John Hannah Jack Lambert
    Last edited by Wally The Barber; 06-25-2017 at 03:58 PM.
    Beware of Sarcasm

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Aaron Rodgers isn't even the best QB in his team's history...maybe not even #2...let alone top 5 of all time.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    I mean it was Mark ***** Ingram. Not Jerry ***** Rice
    NFL is fixed like the WWE.