• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Frazier on the LBers

Originally posted by Ed View Post
    I still expect Ragland to win a starting job at LB. It's hard to imagine him not being one of our top 3 LBs considering how weak the unit is, but at the same time he's never looked like a good fit for this D so who knows. Either way I expect LB to be a top need heading into next season. I'd also rather see one of the rookies they just drafted start at OLB over Humber. Even if they struggle at least they'll get some valuable experience. And maybe they'll even end up being a pleasant surprise. Starting Humber just seems like a waste.
    Brown and Ragland, hopefully, will both turn out to be healthy good LBs. And maybe someone will slide over to that outside spot.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

You guys are forgetting about LorAx. He may see some time at end spelling Hughes, but in the base D he's a given at one spot. I would expect Hodges to pass Humber on the depth chart, and unless Ragland really shows a ton in TC he's probably going to at least start the season backing up Brown in the middle.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        You guys are forgetting about LorAx. He may see some time at end spelling Hughes, but in the base D he's a given at one spot. I would expect Hodges to pass Humber on the depth chart, and unless Ragland really shows a ton in TC he's probably going to at least start the season backing up Brown in the middle.
        I like Lorenzo Alexander, but I can't see him lasting as a full time starter at LB. He's 34, and while he's great at special teams and excelled in Ryan's junk D, I have a feeling he's best as a rotational or situational guy.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Waiting for camp and seeing who plays the LB positions....is a beautiful thing.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2010

The quiet of June/July 2017 is a beautiful thing. Every year there seems to be something to discuss or fight about on these boards leading up to camp. The latest savior QB. Drafting too many CBs. An overpaid lineman. Whatever. All of it distracts us from how bad the Bills really are. It's what Brandon is good at. Distracting fans from reality. At least he tries that. This year there's nothing. It's nice to see. You just get a feel that the coaches are hard at work on football matters. Maybe Pegula did it right this time. Even with an underwhelming roster, the hope of turning things around is still there. The roster is good enough that with some good coaching and in-game management this team could break above that .500 mark.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Playoffs.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Playoffs.
                That's goal #1. But after reading this piece on the Bengals (LINK), just getting there is not necessarily enough.

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Making the Playoffs should be the goal NOT sneaking in on week 17

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                    Making the Playoffs should be the goal NOT sneaking in on week 17
                    Sneak, roll / fall let's just try to get back to a winning season and having a chance for the title. Right now, we've become a footnote in the league. ESPN Coverage for our team comes from a half-hearted Chowder head who could give a rats *** less, what a joke.
                    Last edited by Skooby; 07-18-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X