Thread: Wings - Listing Of The Best Places in WNY

Thanks
    Thanked 8,909 Times in 4,496 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wings - Listing Of The Best Places in WNY

No rankings, just post them so we all can visit.

Gabriels Gate - Allen St. - Buffalo
    Devlins Deuce - Sheridan Dr. - Tonawanda
    Mammosers Tavern - S. Buffalo St. - Hamburg
    Swannie House - Ohio St. - Buffalo
    T.C. Wheelers - Wheeler St. - Tonawanda
    Dwyers irish Pub - Webster St. - N.Tonawanda

In addition, all of the above listed have great food, period.
    "When I'm with you girl I get an extension.. and I don't mean Alexander Graham Bell's invention."

Thanks
    Thanked 9,355 Times in 6,314 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Wings - Listing Of The Best Places in WNY

I always like Soo's on Oliver Street in NT. I believe that is long gone. Or Cassata's Dome Stadium in Tonawanda for some wings and bubble hockey when the Niagara County bars closed. Looks like 'the Dome' lives on. Looks like they classed it up a little too.

Tried Gabriel's Gate at all your guys rec last summer. Was awesome and well worth a bit of a drive.

3. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (07-21-2017),ticatfan (07-21-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I always like Soo's on Oliver Street in NT.
    Louie's on Oliver st. near Robinson had fantastic wings. Louie died and the place closed years back. A shame. I can still remember 5 cent wings when the price zoomed to 10 cents.

5. Post thanked by:

Swiper (07-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,152 Times in 7,585 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Gabriel's is THE best but I don't understand the dislike of Duff's around here.

People complain amount too much sauce at Duff's?

I have only been to the original one (twice) and the one in Toronto (not as good).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I grew up in Buffalo. Used to drive by Duff's multiple times a day traveling back and forth between UB Main Street and Amherst campuses. But I never ate at Duffs. Nobody did that I knew. Never felt the urge.

Was there a couple of weeks ago and ignored it for other spots too. Don't know why.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The issue with Duffs in the past was no matter how hot you ordered the wings, they would show up the same at every table. Floating in sauce and medium. They may have changed and the original at Sheridan and Millersport would try to rush you if there was even a small crowd. It felt like a military cafeteria where you were timed.

9. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (07-25-2017),Swiper (07-25-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Add another to the Wings list. Sawyer Creek Hotel on Niagara Falls Blvd. and Nash in North Tonawanda. Fantastic menu and dirt cheap, great food. Was just there again Friday and forgot it on the initial list.

Rick Cassata bought it in 1984 and turned it over to his son. For those who don't know who Rick is, he went locally to Tonawanda HS where he was the star QB in the early 1960's.. Then started for Syracuse From 1965-67, where he handed off the ball to HOFers Floyd Little and Larry Czonka.. He then played 7 years in the CFL, winning the Grey Cup for Ottawa in 1973. He even played for Hawaii in the World Football League in the mid 1970's. Buffalo Sports HOF. Used to own the Dome Stadium Grill on Main St. in Tonawanda, which I loved.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Add another to the Wings list. Sawyer Creek Hotel on Niagara Falls Blvd. and Nash in North Tonawanda. Fantastic menu and dirt cheap, great food. Was just there again Friday and forgot it on the initial list.

Rick Cassata bought it in 1984 and turned it over to his son. For those who don't know who Rick is, he went locally to Tonawanda HS where he was the star QB in the early 1960's.. Then started for Syracuse From 1965-67, where he handed off the ball to HOFers Floyd Little and Larry Czonka.. He then played 7 years in the CFL, winning the Grey Cup for Ottawa in 1973. He even played for Hawaii in the World Football League in the mid 1970's. Buffalo Sports HOF. Used to own the Dome Stadium Grill on Main St. in Tonawanda, which I loved.
    Grew up walking distance from the place. Know it well, but not sure I ever ate there. It was old and falling down the whole of my childhood.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post

Cassata & Soos know how to make wings. That's for sure. And for sukie, he can get pitchers of ice tea & vodka. Or was it lemonade & vodka? Or was it ice tea, Tang & vodka? He has pet names for all those things.