• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Rich Stadium construction

Originally posted by Historian View Post
    I'll rebuild an old Gremlin or something for game days, lol.

Seriously though, drive down Jefferson Ave these days. Much has been redeveloped, and there are all new houses in those neighborhoods.
    Went right by it last month. It's improved.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

I love Buffalonians *****ing about traffic. Buy an airplane ticket and see the real world. ��

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
        Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
        I realize Pegula is buying up property downtown and people can connect dots. Yes, it had been looked at by his people in dozens of angles.

The issue is getting the fans downtown, since only so many cars can find spots. The next stadium will be smaller but still will be 65-70 thousand under a dome.The logistics and costs are still a major headache. All these ideas of park and ride trains, buses etc. seems like a tall task, especially when you have many coming down the 90 from Rochester and beyond and from Southern Ontario.

The easiest and far more logical plan is to level the current stadium and build the next one right across the street in the parking lot or right next to it on the same side of the street, closer to Southwestern.

The buildings downtown are being turned into living lofts or office building, which are getting occupied. Pegula does need improvement as a sports owner but he's been a gift from the Gods for downtown development. It's inspired others to buy up property and make it beautiful. I had zero care to go downtown 10 years ago. Now, there's so much to do.
        that parking lot across the street belongs to Erie Community College South Campus and ECC says that they aren't selling... in matter of fact the Bills ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY ECC to use the parking lot. Everything across the street from One Bills Dr. is owned by ECC South

Microsoft Maps products offer powerful map APIs for businesses from startups to global enterprises. Discover the best platform for your mapping project.
        Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 07-24-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• kishoph
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
          I think everyone other than you would get it. There aren't any Bills either.
          Just take a look in my mailbox, there's bills there just about every other day.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
            Just take a look in my mailbox, there's bills there just about every other day.

Comment

Working...
            X