Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Would You Say Will be THE Better Team '17 -- Sabres, Leafs, TB or Bruins?

SpikedLemonade

Re: Who Would You Say Will be THE Better Team '17 -- Sabres, Leafs, TB or Bruins?

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    No way in hell Pasta signs for $6 mil when Draisatl just got $8.5.
    SHU/I/T UP Coastal.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Who Would You Say Will be THE Better Team '17 -- Sabres, Leafs, TB or Bruins?

Backus contract... LOL

SpikedLemonade

Backus contract... LOL
    It was a mistake.

The Bruins will get over it.

He is not a top line player and probably not even a top 6.

That was a ton of money to give a 3rd line player.

Chara is cheap this year so there is plenty of salary cap room as outlined in the article above about the Bruins offer to Pasta.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pasta is getting $9 mil+ on the open market

SpikedLemonade

Pasta is getting $9 mil+ on the open market
    He isn't going to get to the open market.

The Bruins will sign him for $7M per.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    He isn't going to get to the open market.

The Bruins will sign him for $7M per.
    And you think he's going to take $7 million?

SpikedLemonade

And you think he's going to take $7 million?
    Yes.

Either $7M for 6 years or $7.5M for 7 years.

SpikedLemonade

TOP 10 CALDER TROPHY CANDIDATES FOR 2017-18

With no generational talents in the fray this time, it’s a more wide-open Calder field than we’ve seen in several seasons.

The question I’ve been asked most this summer: “Who will win the Calder Trophy?”

Our readers and my fellow pundits seem particularly fascinated with the 2017-18 rookie class. That’s an ironic sentiment for what, on paper, is the least fascinating field in years.

But that’s just it. No one knows what to expect. The 2015 draft yielded Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel. The 2016 draft gave us Auston Matthews and Patrik Laine. The 2017 draft class provided some talented kids at the top in Nico Hischier and Nolan Patrick, but their ceilings aren’t nearly as high. There’s a decent chance the league’s best rookies in 2017-18 are older kids drafted before 2017. Who are the top candidates? Keep an eye on these 10 names. But remember, some of them could wind up not making their teams this year. Think of the list as “best chance to win the Calder – if they do make the team.”

1. Clayton Keller, C, Arizona Coyotes
    The Derek Stepan acquisition doesn’t scare me away nor does the presence of Dylan Strome or Christian Dvorak in Arizona. You can’t keep Keller’s shifty, dynamic talent down. Whether he ends up playing center or gets shoehorned into a wing spot this year to ensure he plays on a scoring line, Keller should get a major opportunity. He has the upside to become a Patrick-Kane-like scorer. He’s my pick to lead rookies in points this season and win the Calder. That said, in a relatively modest year for freshmen, I see something like 55 points pacing the class.

2. Charlie McAvoy, D, Boston Bruins
    That the Bruins could toss McAvoy right into playoff action to make his NHL debut on a pair with Zdeno Chara says a lot about how much they need and value McAvoy. He’s a gifted offensive player and a real leader, too. His coach at Boston University, David Quinn, told me everyone on the team worshipped McAvoy. He has a bright NHL future and has the poise and swagger to handle big minutes and pressure right away. He’s my pick to lead all rookies in ice time.....

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...es-for-2017-18

Last edited by Haile SpikedLemonade; 08-29-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes.

Either $7M for 6 years or $7.5M for 7 years.
    Sure thing.

10. Post thanked by:

SpikedLemonade

Hey, I love Pasta but it is still very early in his career to be paying him $8M.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hey, I love Pasta but it is still very early in his career to be paying him $8M.
    Tell that to Draisatl

SpikedLemonade

Tell that to Draisatl
    Whatever.

SpikedLemonade

Bruins, Pastrnak working on eight-year term

The Boston Bruins are now discussing on an eight-year term on a contract for restricted free agent David Pastrnak, according to Pastrnak's agent, J.P. Barry.

Barry told the Boston Herald that there has been "no progress yet" but the two sides are up to the max term of an NHL contract.

Last month, Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe reported the Bruins had offered Pastrnak a $6 million annual salary on either a six-year or seven-year deal, depending on the winger's preference.

In 75 games last season, the 21-year-old Pastrnak exploded for 34 goals and 36 assists. He trailed only Brad Marchand (39) for the team lead in goals. He added two goals and two assists in six playoff games, while averaging over 21 minutes of ice time per contest.

David Krejci currently owns the highest cap hit on the Bruins at $7.25 million, followed by Patrice Bergeron ($6.875 million), Brad Marchand ($6.125 million) and David Backes ($6 million).

Pastrnak was taken at No. 25 overall in the first round of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft by the Bruins, making his debut later that season. He was one of two players from the 2014 draft to play in 40 or more games in the same season, appearing in a total of 46 games. The other was No. 1 overall pick Aaron Ekblad.....

http://www.tsn.ca/bruins-pastrnak-wo...-term-1.848544

Thanks
    Thanked 16,512 Times in 12,050 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Considering bo horvat, who doesn't have numbers nearly as good as Pasternak, is rumored to sign a long term deal over 5.5 MIL a year.... I'd say Pasternak should expect 8 a year, low end
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Considering bo horvat, who doesn't have numbers nearly as good as Pasternak, is rumored to sign a long term deal over 5.5 MIL a year.... I'd say Pasternak should expect 8 a year, low end
    Bullcrap!!!

He should expect $7M/year for 8 years.

SpikedLemonade

Pastrnak signs six-year, $40 million contract with Bruins

Restricted free agent forward's deal worth $6.67 million annually

by Matt Kalman / NHL.com Correspondent September 14th, 2017

BOSTON -- David Pastrnak signed a six-year, $40 million contract with the Boston Bruins on Thursday. It has an average annual value of $6.67 million.

The 21-year-old forward was a restricted free agent. He set NHL career highs in points (70), goals (34) and assists (36) in 75 games last season after he had 53 points (25 goals, 28 assists) in 97 games his first two NHL seasons. He was second on the Bruins in goals and assists in the final year of his three-year, entry-level contract.

Pastrnak missed the first day of training camp Thursday and is expected to join the Bruins by Saturday.....

https://www.nhl.com/news/david-pastr...ns/c-291049778

For all those here who said he would get over $7M per year...

BLOW ME!!!

SpikedLemonade

"....the only way this is a lowball contract is if you accept draisailt contract as anything other than a bad deal. In my own effort to build a case for 7.5 I was looking forward to the possible deals that laine/mattews/eichel/marner were possibly going to get

there was no historical deals to base a 7 million dollar deal on other than draisailt.

of course, if boston had bowed down like I did and had given pastrnak 7+ then the down hill rolling stone would have gathered more momentum and who knows where things could have ended up for the league?

pastrnaks deal is still high above where I was origionally analyzing the market before the draisailt contract but the structure of the deal is interesting. if we believe he wont ever get paid for the 1 season during a lockout then the deal only pays out 37 million dollars over the next 6 seasons which is pretty damn close to the 36 million I was viewing to be the right number... and very close to the 36 million that the team was reportedly offering all along.

the difference where pastrnak benefits is of course the lockout protection. without any lockout protection he would be getting around 30 million instead of 37 million... so his agent did great for him

the structure of the deal isn't all about salary bonus... theres some front loading as well. but the overall intention of the deal remains the same. pastrnaks camp clearly wanted to make sure they got their money as dom was the first to tell us months ago. Jacobs clearly didn't want to just hand over gigantic signing bonus... but ultimately the deal was structured to pay pastrnak his 6 million even if the season is lost

and if the season isn't lost... then the extra 3 mill kicks in and the average jumps to the 6.7 which is the highest end to what second year contracts have been in the past. this is the same money that Calgary gave johnny hockey. so there is a precedent for it.

all in all the deal is very logical for both sides and gives both sides what they wanted as much as is possible anytime that both sides have to compromise. there was compromise but they both still got the lions share of what they were both after...."

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...387399&page=17

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Would or should are two different things. The bruins got a discount.

SpikedLemonade

Deservingly so.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Luckily so. Either way, I was shocked when I heard he signed for under seven. He deserves eight.

But this might just bring down Eichels contract slightly