X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Skooby sources... Boldin is in Buffalo today

But seriously... Any inside info concerning interest by either party.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Skooby sources... Boldin is in Buffalo today

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
      • Jul 2002

If he were to sign, I wouldn't be happy about the signing. The goal is to bring a championship to Buffalo & signing a soon to be 37 year old WR does nothing to reach that goal. The Bills will not be Super Bowl contenders this season. All Boldin would do is take away development time, if not a roster spot as well, that would be better served developing a young WR who may actually play a role on a future championship team. It would be as worthwhile as TO's year with the Bills.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
        If he were to sign, I wouldn't be happy about the signing. The goal is to bring a championship to Buffalo & signing a soon to be 37 year old WR does nothing to reach that goal. The Bills will not be Super Bowl contenders this season. All Boldin would do is take away development time, if not a roster spot as well, that would be better served developing a young WR who may actually play a role on a future championship team. It would be as worthwhile as TO's year with the Bills.
        I agree.

We are not close enough to being a contender for Boldin to really matter.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

If we sign him and Tyrod still sucks, maybe we can finally stop using the excuse that he has no one to throw to and get a real QB next year.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
            If we sign him and Tyrod still sucks, maybe we can finally stop using the excuse that he has no one to throw to and get a real QB next year.
            There's no doubt that Tyrod is still going to suck.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
              • Jul 2007

Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• ICRockets
                Childish Fake Voter
                • Jul 2008

So you don't believe the veteran presence would serve young receivers like Zay particularly well? Why is that?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                  So you don't believe the veteran presence would serve young receivers like Zay particularly well? Why is that?
                  Because it takes away playing time.

What can Boldin teach Zay that a wide receivers coach can't?

Comment

• Swiper
                    • Sep 2010

What's wrong about this post is the underlined part. Who exactly is he taking time away from? No current WR not named Watkins or Jones is going to be here next year at this time. Boldin would be, basically, a 3rd WR with Jones & Watkins as the #1 & #2 so he's taking developmental time away from no one important.

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

Boldin won't be expensive, relatively.

About $2.5 million for a year, probably. Not all that much, guaranteed.

May as well pick him up. I'm for it.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

All of you QB nut-huggers can think what you want but it was Boldin that put that Raven's team on his back and carried them to a Super Bowl, not Flacco. I'd take experience like that, if even for only one season, in a heartbeat.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

Well, when you're thin at wide receiver....

Comment

• jimmifli
                            • Nov 2006

All Boldin would do is take away development time, if not a roster spot as well, that would be better served developing a young WR who may actually play a role on a future championship team.
                            I think learning how to beat 37 year old WRs for a roster spot is an important step in a young WR's development.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Apart from Zay Jones, I don't think there is a lot of development that Buffalo expects from young receivers on this team. We know what Watkins can do when healthy. The rest of the receivers are 3rd and 4th tier guys who have a limited ceiling regardless of how much playing time they get. If there were a bunch of youngsters tugging at the bit for playing time, I might be hesitant about using a roster spot for a 37 year old veteran, but I think what the Bills gain is greater than what they risk. I think Boldin can be a steadying influence on the field and probably can teach the young receivers a few things they haven't learned.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍