• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: The final 53 - QBS

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
    Bradham was pretty good, so was Searcy, for 4th round picks.
    Nigel hit like a truck, never is the right spot but he got his licks.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
      I agree that Yates will more than likely be the #2, but if Taylor goes down for any lengthy amount of time, I think we'll see Peterman being put in.
      Yeah, I agree with that actually.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• kishoph
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Ed View Post
        I hope it's Yates that gets cut. There's really no upside to him being on the team. He has a career completion percentage of 58% and more turnovers than TDs. I wouldn't call him a top 15 backup. He's bottom of the barrel and his $750k salary with no guaranteed money indicates that. Quality backups get paid.

Even if he gives the Bills a better chance to win right now than Peterman or Jones, it's not a good chance, and this team's certainly not going to the playoffs if Yates has to start games. I'd rather watch Jones or Peterman struggle and get some experience than watch Yates lead this team to defeat and waste an opportunity.

The argument from many for keeping Yates on the team is that he's a veteran presence for our young QB's. Fact is Tyrod Taylor and Yates were both drafted in 2011 and Taylor has played in more than double the amount of games. People need to stop treating Taylor like he's some young QB that is just learning the pro game. He's been in the league 7 years and has played behind a Super Bowl winning QB and under a Super Bowl winning coach. Taylor is what he is, an exciting scrambling QB, with poor recognition, poor accuracy and poor game smarts in the passing game. It's not suddenly going to click in year number seven.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
          I like the idea of trying to find a QB, but 53 QBs may be too many. Maybe not. We'll have to see how it plays out.
          Jones to San Diego, down to 52. The weeding out process has begun.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
          X