• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Re: I like the trades a lot!

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
    LOL

When we have Tom Brady at QB and Bill Bellichick on the sidelines, you let me know. Their franchise can afford to do as they please. They remain an attractive place for professional athletes because you get to work with the greatest QB and HC of all time.

If you betray your players and your franchise is run like a garbage dump, you don't get that luxury.

We have literally nothing in common with the Patriots beyond the fact we're both NFL teams.
    Only fan get emotional, I remember before the season when we were in the market for a coach people said no one wants to coach here. Players go where the money is, period. If that wasn't the case really good team would never lose players to the teams like us, the Browns, rams and so on. Players are whores, they don't care who the sleep with.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• JoeMama
      Emotion Sickness
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
      Only fan get emotional, I remember before the season when we were in the market for a coach people said no one wants to coach here. Players go where the money is, period. If that wasn't the case really good team would never lose players to the teams like us, the Browns, rams and so on. Players are whores, they don't care who the sleep with.
      Players make choices for their own reasons. They're not some monolithic entity.

And if the same financial offer is one the table between the Bills and [name any other team besides Jax or Cle], where do you think they go?

The answer is not Buffalo.
      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

We downgraded for sure.

For all the homers that think this was a dazzling piece of brilliance, can you explain to me why professional athlete would want to play for us?

Nobody likes having the rug pulled out from under them this close to the start of the season. You wanna make these moves, fine. But do it before players, especially veterans, commit to play here under false pretenses that we're going to be competitive.

No one's going to put forth any effort this season. And it's doubtful anyone will want to remain here if given the opportunity to leave and play for a franchise that isn't run into the ground year in year out.

These moves are going to repel players from ever wanting to come here. We look even more radioactive than usual.
        Money talks.

It's why this team got players like Mario Williams, Terrell Owens, Troy Vincent, Kawika Mitchell, Corey Graham, Charles Clay...you could even throw in guys like London Fletcher even though he was closer to the beginning of the playoff drought but the franchise was a dumpster fire back in 02 albeit not as much of one as the present.

You pay a guy enough money, or be the only real suitor, you'll sign players with talent. Sure you'll be forced to overpay some guys, sure you'll be taking guys on the down side of their career - like Boldin.

And guys will always put forth some type of effort, it might be minimal, but it will still be effort. You stop trying, you get hurt. You stop trying, you don't get that big contract.

Trading away Watkins and Darby doesn't make the franchise look any more radioactive than firing an offensive coordinator right before the start of a regular season, watching 2 head coaches literally quit in the middle of contracts, hiring a 150 year old GM only because he was a good head coach for the team a lifetime ago.

This is almost the same old debate on whether a coach would come here or not after the Cowher billboard debacle and then Marrone quitting and then firing Rex after two years. There were posters on this board after every one of those moves who said this franchise would never get another NFL HC with any experience in the league or wasn't highly thought of by anyone in the league.

Bottom line, the coaches still come, the players will still come and maybe one of these times the right people will be in charge and instead of band-aid after band-aid, those people in charge will realize that this entire thing needs to be blown up and built from the ground up.

Comment

• JoeMama
          Emotion Sickness
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
          Money talks.

It's why this team got players like Mario Williams, Terrell Owens, Troy Vincent, Kawika Mitchell, Corey Graham, Charles Clay...you could even throw in guys like London Fletcher even though he was closer to the beginning of the playoff drought but the franchise was a dumpster fire back in 02 albeit not as much of one as the present.

You pay a guy enough money, or be the only real suitor, you'll sign players with talent. Sure you'll be forced to overpay some guys, sure you'll be taking guys on the down side of their career - like Boldin.

And guys will always put forth some type of effort, it might be minimal, but it will still be effort. You stop trying, you get hurt. You stop trying, you don't get that big contract.

Trading away Watkins and Darby doesn't make the franchise look any more radioactive than firing an offensive coordinator right before the start of a regular season, watching 2 head coaches literally quit in the middle of contracts, hiring a 150 year old GM only because he was a good head coach for the team a lifetime ago.

This is almost the same old debate on whether a coach would come here or not after the Cowher billboard debacle and then Marrone quitting and then firing Rex after two years. There were posters on this board after every one of those moves who said this franchise would never get another NFL HC with any experience in the league or wasn't highly thought of by anyone in the league.

Bottom line, the coaches still come, the players will still come and maybe one of these times the right people will be in charge and instead of band-aid after band-aid, those people in charge will realize that this entire thing needs to be blown up and built from the ground up.
          Right but all things being equal, if the money on the table is the same as what any other team is offering, we lose out. We look just as incompetent now as we did the past 17 years. Nothing about this is encouraging.

And it doesn't matter how many times we shake up the front office or the roster. The results will always be the same until these guys prove they can pick the right players in the draft and make the right moves in free agency.

I see nothing to indicate McDermott is going to be a good coach or that Brandon Beane will be a good GM.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
            Money talks.

Lets go way back, Reggie White left a pretty good Philly team to go to a really really bad, Packers team. Bryce Paup to the Bills, again whores.
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• JoeMama
              Emotion Sickness
              • Oct 2002

Lets go way back, Reggie White left a pretty good Philly team to go to a really really bad, Packers team. Bryce Paup to the Bills, again whores.
              Wow, two whole guys going back 4 decades!

And players have taken less money or restructured contracts to stay with teams.

While it's mostly the money with players, but it's not only the money with players.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I hope the plan was to stockpile draft picks and find their replacements and more importantly the FRANCHISE QB and make them grow together. If,t

Without a franchise QB, we'll continue to be a 5-9 win team with or without Sammy and Darby anyways.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

We downgraded for sure.

For all the homers that think this was a dazzling piece of brilliance, can you explain to me why professional athlete would want to play for us?

Nobody likes having the rug pulled out from under them this close to the start of the season. You wanna make these moves, fine. But do it before players, especially veterans, commit to play here under false pretenses that we're going to be competitive.

No one's going to put forth any effort this season. And it's doubtful anyone will want to remain here if given the opportunity to leave and play for a franchise that isn't run into the ground year in year out.

These moves are going to repel players from ever wanting to come here. We look even more radioactive than usual.
                  I see having a day to think about it has made you an even bigger drama queen.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

Right but all things being equal, if the money on the table is the same as what any other team is offering, we lose out. We look just as incompetent now as we did the past 17 years. Nothing about this is encouraging.

And it doesn't matter how many times we shake up the front office or the roster. The results will always be the same until these guys prove they can pick the right players in the draft and make the right moves in free agency.

I see nothing to indicate McDermott is going to be a good coach or that Brandon Beane will be a good GM.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
                    Are you serious after 10 days of camp and one preseason game, REALLY? you put Brady, Rodgers or Ryan on this team and we are a playoff team. QB is all that matters in NFL!
                    Last edited by kgun12; 08-12-2017, 02:45 PM.
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      I hope the plan was to stockpile draft picks and find their replacements and more importantly the FRANCHISE QB and make them grow together. If,t

Without a franchise QB, we'll continue to be a 5-9 win team with or without Sammy and Darby anyways.

Exactly. We sucked with them we can suck without them! likely would of been without Sammy for at least a few games anyway!

Comment

• The Toe Show
                        Perfect Toes Everytime!
                        • Sep 2012

We downgraded for sure.
                        Nailed it

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          We swapped out our question marks for somebody else's question marks and picked up a couple of draft choices to boot. I'm OK with that.
                          Spot on. We didn't get stars in return but the other teams gave up far more to get a couple guys that had issues. Watkins with his health. Darby reportedly a bit lost in the zone scheme.

I see nothing wrong with forward thinking of stockpiling picks in a strong draft when this team wasn't going to be anything more than average this year before the trade.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• JoeMama
                            Emotion Sickness
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                            I see having a day to think about it has made you an even bigger drama queen.
                            Yeah, I don't buy into whatever garbage our front office is selling us.

So dramatic of me.

It's almost as if 17 years of losing has made me cynical of the people we hire to fix things...

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

Are you serious after 10 days of camp and one preseason game, REALLY? you put Brady, Rodgers or Ryan on this team and we are a playoff team. QB is all that matters in NFL!
                              So?

And I said Dick Jauron, Chan Gailey, and Rex Ryan would be enormous failures within hours of their hiring. Let alone waiting for the season to start.

Right every time.

I'll give McDermott his fair shake. He seems okay. But I'm at a point where everyone associated with this franchise needs to prove their worth before I start accepting the things they do and say as wise.
                              Last edited by JoeMama; 08-12-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                                Exactly. We sucked with them we can suck without them! likely would of been without Sammy for at least a few games anyway!
                                Assuming Beane knows how to draft, we can find a cheaper , more durable receiver in the draft with the same potential as Sammy.
                                sacrifice1
                                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                                X