• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: I like the trades a lot!

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Assuming Beane knows how to draft, we can find a cheaper , more durable receiver in the draft with the same potential as Sammy.
    Already got one this year. Probably will draft 2 next year with all those extra picks, in addition to QB.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
      Already got one this year. Probably will draft 2 next year with all those extra picks, in addition to QB.
      I dont think Zay Jones is in Sammys calibre. More like Roberts Woods replacement
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        I dont think Zay Jones is in Sammys calibre. More like Roberts Woods replacement
        Somewhere in between is more like it. I was at camp and Jones has far more speed, better route running ability and great hands. Woods never came close to this guys skill set. He's a first rounder picked in Round 2. A rookie with tons more upside.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I do share Joe's concern about the attitude in the locker room and moving forward to a certain extent.

Guys like Boldin...and Tolbert...they are professionals, they will take it in stride and move on. Some of the others (like Tyrod...Shady...Clay...etc) I'm a little worried about.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            I do share Joe's concern about the attitude in the locker room and moving forward to a certain extent.

Guys like Boldin...and Tolbert...they are professionals, they will take it in stride and move on. Some of the others (like Tyrod...Shady...Clay...etc) I'm a little worried about.
            I heard Tyrod actually flew in some WRs during the offseason to practice and get on the same page for the upcoming season. I'd probably be asking for a refund on Sammy's airfare right about now.

I get the long term plan, but man, I do enjoy my football Sundays and whatever false hope a new season may bring. To bite the bullet and accept defeat this early on wasn't something I was ready for.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Somewhere in between is more like it. I was at camp and Jones has far more speed, better route running ability and great hands. Woods never came close to this guys skill set. He's a first rounder picked in Round 2. A rookie with tons more upside.
              Zay Jones is the most impressive rookie wide receiver the Bills have had since Andre Reed.

The Watkins trade doesn't happen if the Bills didn't think Jones was ready.

Ready to be the Bills #1 WR? With Boldin at his side, I think it can happen.

From the start of training camp, Tyrod Taylor has found Zay Jones to be his most reliable target.

I think Boldin and Matthews will rotate as the #2 WR. Anquan Boldin turns 37 years young this October.

At 6'2 195 lbs and 29 years young, Rod Streater could find his way to be the Bills #3 slot WR.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

I think deep down most players on the Bills thought Sammy Watkins was a pussy that needed a tampon for his mangina.

I think deep down every player on the Bills looked at Ronald Darby as a 3-4 man coverage Rex Ryan defensive back that looks like a fish out of water in zone coverage. He also had a really bad year in 2016.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Woods had Tyrod and EJ throwing to him.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                    Who says Darby was a question mark?
                    He was.

He's a man-cover CB in a zone cover defense. He's going to be a fine corner in a man coverage scheme, but that isn't ours, probably similar to how Ragland will excel as a 3-4 lb. Trading Ragland assuming a reasonable return if he can't adapt (I thought he could and like both Ragland and Darby), would make sense to me.

Comment

• GreedoII
                      • Aug 2007

if this peace of garbage team had a QB none of this happens period. Don't fool yourselves homers...

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
                        if this peace of garbage team had a QB none of this happens period. Don't fool yourselves homers...
                        Nah. San Diego was 5-11 with Rivers, Baltimore 8-8 with Flacco, Arizona 7-8-1 with Palmer, Saints 7-9 with Brees, Panthers 6-10 with Newton, and, the best example of "get that franchise QB because it means everything, the Colts, were 8-8.

Best to build a team and not figure that one mythical guy who isn't there solves everything (Luck, Winston, Mariota, Goff, Lynch, Stafford, Osweiler, etc etc etc...?)

They're doing it right imho.

Comment

• Pennywise
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                          Who says Darby was a question mark?
                          Pretty much everyone that watched his play last season.

Comment

• Pennywise
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                            We downgraded for sure.

For all the homers that think this was a dazzling piece of brilliance, can you explain to me why professional athlete would want to play for us?

Nobody likes having the rug pulled out from under them this close to the start of the season. You wanna make these moves, fine. But do it before players, especially veterans, commit to play here under false pretenses that we're going to be competitive.

No one's going to put forth any effort this season. And it's doubtful anyone will want to remain here if given the opportunity to leave and play for a franchise that isn't run into the ground year in year out.

These moves are going to repel players from ever wanting to come here. We look even more radioactive than usual.
                            That statement right there.....that may be the dumbest I've ever read on any Bills message board.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by The Toe Show View Post
                              THE TRADE WAS AWFUL.

An entire city is trying to rationalize it. But deep down you know, it was not good.

Here's what happened:
                              1. A first-time GM took calls from sharks (like Lee Snead)
                              2. Ran the numbers, and found it made sense ON PAPER
                              3. Sold it into his clueless boss (Pegula is in over his head) and first-time head coach (ready to stand down)
                              4. Neither said ****
                              5. GM makes the move, feels the thrill of exercising his power
                              6. Realizes the unintended consequences of his action, just when this picture is snapped:

Looks like a guy who has isolated himself.

"Football is a business" is what players say when **** that doesn't sit well happens. But it's not a business, it's people - a team, and according to McDermott, with his daily life story sessions, a brotherhood and family.

And then you cast your biggest best brother away.

If it was going to happen, it should have happened sooner. All this change the culture stuff had momentum and people were buying in, and learning to trust each other again. Then #beanebomb.

The brass of the team traded away their ability to be trusted, which I think will serve to haunt them long-term. The move was cold-blooded, and now every knows the re-launch of the Bills is a phony.
                              Best take I've seen

Comment

• sudzy
                                • Apr 2013

I have not bought into McDermott, yet. The last 17 years have made me like Missouri (the show me state). But, I did like hearing he wants players that have "durability, reliability, accountability, availability" and that's not Sammy. This team is not making the playoffs, this year, with Sammy and Darby. And they are not making the playoffs until they find a QB. So, take a step back, get some player that fit your M O and get some ammo to get a QB. I'm fine with that. Working hard to keep this team 7-9 hasn't help us out any.

Comment

Working...
                                X