Thread: Will the coaches look at the OL?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Will the coaches look at the OL?

The offensive line of the Bills IS offensive. Richie is the only player that could start on other NFL teams. Wood and Miller can't pass block. They get run over by a decent rush. Why is Henderson starting at LT ? He's terrible and is suspended for the beginning of the season. Get someone else in the position in the event Glenn can't play. Is the roster that weak?

I have a feeling the 'new' Bills regime will see through these guys and make changes!

2. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,483 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Will the coaches look at the OL?

We have serious depth issues at LT.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

4. Post thanked by:

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They'd better or it will be a long year. The depth looks feeble. Really feeble.

6. Post thanked by:

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by endzone View Post
    The offensive line of the Bills IS offensive. Richie is the only player that could start on other NFL teams. Wood and Miller can't pass block. They get run over by a decent rush. Why is Henderson starting at LT ? He's terrible and is suspended for the beginning of the season. Get someone else in the position in the event Glenn can't play. Is the roster that weak?

I have a feeling the 'new' Bills regime will see through these guys and make changes!
    Posters criticize me for going on and on annually about the importance of a good OL and how the Bills have woefully underinvested in the OL during this play-off drought however the results are clearly evident.

Hopefully, Peterman is our Messiah and we can use that wealth of 2018 draft picks to really build a real NFL OL.

8. Post thanked by:

swiper (08-19-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    They'd better or it will be a long year. The depth looks feeble. Really feeble.
    Well, I am not that concerned about our depth. I am concerned about our starters! The good news is that if a starter gets injured there is basically no drop off to our backups :)

10. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (08-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd feel slightly better if Dawkins was catching on quicker.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

12. Post thanked by:

swiper (08-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Love Seantrel Henderson on the right side. Hate him on the left side.

Say what you will about Cyrus Kouandjio and the little meltdown he had in the offseason, but at least he played passably well in reserve at LT (which I admit I found surprising since I wasn't a huge fan to begin with).

14. Post thanked by:

YardRat (08-18-2017)

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Since Henderson - who has played poorly at LT - will have to sit the first 5 games, he should not be playing there with the starters. We should move Mills over to LT and put Dawkins at RT. We need to pray that Glenn gets healthy, and scour the waiver wire as cuts are made. I like the interior, but we need help at tackle.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

16. Post thanked by:

YardRat (08-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Relax people!!! we have several draft picks and we can get rid of Peterman , Shady, Incognito , Glenn, Zay Jones, Tre' White to acquire more draft picks.

18. Post thanked by:

EDS (08-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 5,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Posters criticize me for going on and on annually about the importance of a good OL and how the Bills have woefully underinvested in the OL during this play-off drought however the results are clearly evident.

Hopefully, Peterman is our Messiah and we can use that wealth of 2018 draft picks to really build a real NFL OL.
    We get on you for being Canadian and having an ass of an army.

20. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Groy was perfect in pass pro the other day, guy is a gem. When our left side is healthy it's one of the better sides, but our right is junk. Dawkins isn't ready, Seantrel is nothing to write home about, Mills should be cut. Curious about Ola, looks good at times, more of a guard. Need to dump Vlad, he's worthless.

22. Post thanked by:

swiper (08-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I'd feel slightly better if Dawkins was catching on quicker.
    He had a couple of moments last night where he was really good, but otherwise it was a rough night for him. I'm really starting to question how much longer they look at him as an OT before moving him inside. His feet are a mess right now.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They can look at the OL all they want. It looks like the same pile of turds from every angle.

25. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    Groy was perfect in pass pro the other day, guy is a gem. When our left side is healthy it's one of the better sides, but our right is junk. Dawkins isn't ready, Seantrel is nothing to write home about, Mills should be cut. Curious about Ola, looks good at times, more of a guard. Need to dump Vlad, he's worthless.
    This.

From yesterday:

He also won't move Dion Dawkins to left tackle yet despite the ongoing injury issues with Cordy Glenn and the looming suspension for Seantrel Henderson. However when they took the field Jordan Mills did not practice and Dawkins was at left tackle and Henderson at right tackle.
    IIRC, Cordy Glenn was initially put at right tackle and didn't look that good. When he was moved to left he looked much better. Maybe we can hope the same for Dawkins. The right side of the line looks meh. Whaley really failed at drafting offensive players.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The idea that Incongito is the only guy who can start on another team is totally ridiculous. Glenn an Wood would easily start on most teams. Maybe some of the other guys too. What do we think, only the Bills have OL issues? This team lead the league in rushing with this awful OL, how in the world can that happen? There are definitely issues at T after Glenn but there are a lot of holes on this team.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MattyNH View Post
    The idea that Incongito is the only guy who can start on another team is totally ridiculous. Glenn an Wood would easily start on most teams. Maybe some of the other guys too. What do we think, only the Bills have OL issues? This team lead the league in rushing with this awful OL, how in the world can that happen? There are definitely issues at T after Glenn but there are a lot of holes on this team.
    I suspect they as the final cuts come along they will cut Ducasse and pick-up a waiver-claim upgrade. But outside of that I wouldn't expect them to do too much until the next draft. Hopefully Dawkins will come along and not be the next Ed Wang.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    We get on you for being Canadian and having an ass of an army.
    All of us Canadians have "an ass of an army".

If all 36 million of were to co-ordinate a simultaneous crap and flush, Florida would be a ****ehole.....wait...it already is.

30. Post thanked by:

sukie (08-19-2017)