• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICRockets
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2008

Re: Anquan Boldin retiring

While I think it's certainly fair to point out that Boldin is not the player he used to be, it seems reasonable to me that he saw the events in Charlottesville as a call to action. Anybody with even a shred of ill will towards Anquan for fighting the good fight needs to choke on their white hood.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      You and I both are well aware that FJ's leadership is not the sole factor for this team's won-loss record over that time period.
      Well, clearly it's not as important as having the physical talent. A team full of coaches and leaders won't get you anywhere if they can't play at this level.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
        Don't overestimate Joe's awareness. He thinks veteran players have no intangible benefits to the locker room because that's what coaches are for.
        Oh man, I didn't realize Fred Jackson was an brilliant as the great TJ Yates. If I'd have know that Fred Jackson could bring such knowledgeable tidbit as:

"Don't worry about your timing being off in the preseason. If you know you're doing what Coach says, if you know your timing is right, don't compensate for the receivers. They'll get their timing right or they'll be off the team. Do your job correctly, and the rest will come."
        ...or be able to explain such a complex scenario as...

Say you're a rookie QB in the NFL. Say you're more talented than the receivers you're currently playing with. Say you're out of sync with them on various timing patterns. You might instinctively believe that you're doing the right thing by compensating for their timing by adjusting yours, even though your timing is where the coaches want it. Sometimes it takes a veteran who has seen the pitfalls of covering up for your teammates' bad habits to explain those pitfalls.
        Why didn't you say something! Someone get Freddie back here to explain some of the most basic information possible to some of the best football players in the world!

Comment

• ICRockets
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
          Oh man, I didn't realize Fred Jackson was an brilliant as the great TJ Yates. If I'd have know that Fred Jackson could bring such knowledgeable tidbit as:

...or be able to explain such a complex scenario as...

Why didn't you say something! Someone get Freddie back here to explain some of the most basic information possible to some of the best football players in the world!
          I love how these posts were attacked from both sides. You claim they're generic and obvious, Skoob told me they were needlessly introspective. You can't both be right.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

I love how these posts were attacked from both sides. You claim they're generic and obvious, Skoob told me they were needlessly introspective. You can't both be right.
            If you think either of the examples you provided are useful in today's NFL, then you're a bigger idiot than even I thought. I didn't think that was possible.

Do you have anymore brilliant examples of how Yates can provide an insight that our QB coach can't?

Comment

• ICRockets
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2008

If you think either of the examples you provided are useful in today's NFL, then you're a bigger idiot than even I thought. I didn't think that was possible.

Do you have anymore brilliant examples of how Yates can provide an insight that our QB coach can't?
              There are countless hypothetical examples I could provide, but you won't accept a single one. Neither of us knows specifically what insight the coaches do or do not possess. Unless I'm mistaken, we agree that last year's staff was a bunch of incompetent clowns. What makes you particularly confident that the guys who hired them got it right this time? I know I'm hopeful that they did, but you're completely taking for granted the possibility that we have ****ty, stupid coaches.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Maybe Yates can teach Peterman the secret of sticking around the NFL for years when you aren't a very good player...

Of course we don't want Peterman to learn these types of things...

Lots and lots of QBs could probably have had more career longevity if they were forced to start so many games early in their career.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

While I think it's certainly fair to point out that Boldin is not the player he used to be, it seems reasonable to me that he saw the events in Charlottesville as a call to action. Anybody with even a shred of ill will towards Anquan for fighting the good fight needs to choke on their white hood.

Anquan Boldin says he retired because of Charlottesville, not Buffalo Bills

YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buckets
                    • Jun 2003

Maybe we'll be able to find someone after final cuts????

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffal...alo_bills.html

Anquan Boldin says he retired because of Charlottesville, not Buffalo Bills
                      That and being warned of being cut, so why should he have stayed ?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

There are countless hypothetical examples I could provide, but you won't accept a single one.
                        Because they're all crap.

Neither of us knows specifically what insight the coaches do or do not possess. Unless I'm mistaken, we agree that last year's staff was a bunch of incompetent clowns. What makes you particularly confident that the guys who hired them got it right this time? I know I'm hopeful that they did, but you're completely taking for granted the possibility that we have ****ty, stupid coaches.
                        That was my original question that started this whole thing. I asked if our coaches were so bad that we couldn't develop a QB without the help of TJ 'the mastermind' Yates. Can you remember that?

Is that not what coaches are for? Do we have any of those?? Are they that bad that we can't develop a young quarterback without TJ friggin' Yates on this team???
                        If our coaches are terrible, then we've got bigger problems. TJ Yates is not going to be the difference between developing a NFL caliber QB and a scrub who'll be out of the league in 3 years.

Comment

• ICRockets
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2008

If our coaches are terrible, then we've got bigger problems. TJ Yates is not going to be the difference between developing a NFL caliber QB and a scrub who'll be out of the league in 3 years.
                          Where did I say otherwise? Remember, my contention in the thread you DESPERATELY want to prove me wrong about was purely that he has enough value not to cut in the middle of preseason. You realize that's a thing teams don't have to do anymore, right? The only cut is the cut to 53.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

Where did I say otherwise? Remember, my contention in the thread you DESPERATELY want to prove me wrong about was purely that he has enough value not to cut in the middle of preseason. You realize that's a thing teams don't have to do anymore, right? The only cut is the cut to 53.
                            TJ Yates and his 1 on 1 mentoring sessions with Peterman are worth nothing. Cut him.

Comment

• ICRockets
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2008

TJ Yates and his 1 on 1 mentoring sessions with Peterman are worth nothing. Cut him.
                              What universe do you live in that you think aggressively impulsive roster decisions build championship-caliber teams?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                                Making Spirits Bright
                                • Mar 2006

What universe do you live in that you think aggressively impulsive roster decisions build championship-caliber teams?
                                No championship caliber team has ever cut their 3rd string QB during the preseason?

What universe do you live in that you think TJ Yates would be a valuable contributor to a championship team?

Comment

Working...
                                X