• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Two Weeks Ago This Was a 3-6 Win Team

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be rooting for the Bills to win every game.
    All season?

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Bills 2017 Schedule

vs NYJ
      at Carolina
      vs Denver
      at Atlanta
      at Cincinnati
      vs Tampa Bay
      vs Oakland
      at NYJ
      vs New Orleans
      at LAC
      at Kansas City
      vs New England
      vs Indianapolis
      vs Miami
      at New England
      at Miami

Which game did you think we could have won as of last month, but not as of today?
      Carolina, Tampa, Cincinnati, New Orleans are all toss-ups where I would of been leaning more towards a victory with Watkins. All of those games presented options where we could of won the WR v. DB battle. That's not to say we can't win it now, I just don't feel nearly as confident with our current WR grouping.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        Carolina, Tampa, Cincinnati, New Orleans are all toss-ups where I would of been leaning more towards a victory with Watkins. All of those games presented options where we could of won the WR v. DB battle. That's not to say we can't win it now, I just don't feel nearly as confident with our current WR grouping.
        Zay Jones has a huge upside.

I am eager to see Peterman and him work together on Saturday.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I have been in all honesty pretty optimistic and confident about the upcoming season, but the events of the last couple of weeks have tempered that a bit.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

I don't see how anyone was optimistic about this teams chances with that QB and that schedule. This was a 4 win team when the opponents for this season were released and it's still a 4 win team now.

I also don't understand how a team who is run oriented and a bottom feeder passing wise losing a receiver who doesn't even play all 16 weeks anyway makes any difference. This team was 32nd in attempts last year and 30th in yardage. How will they ever replace his 28 catches?!? The funny part, Marquise Goodwin actually had more production last year than Watkins. Charles Clay will still lead the team in catches and McCoy will get about 50 catches out of the backfield.

Too many people are hung up on the "potential" Watkins could have not what he actually has accomplished. Just because you have this "potential" people think you have doesn't mean you actually do nor does it mean you'll ever reach it.

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
              Now it's a legit #1 draft pick contender. Hopefully the Jets can eak out a win or two this year to help us.

I feel bad for Kyle Williams.
              I saw the Jets/Lions preseason game last Saturday. The Jets offense is epic horrible. Their defense is not too bad.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                I don't see how anyone was optimistic about this teams chances with that QB and that schedule. This was a 4 win team when the opponents for this season were released and it's still a 4 win team now.

I also don't understand how a team who is run oriented and a bottom feeder passing wise losing a receiver who doesn't even play all 16 weeks anyway makes any difference. This team was 32nd in attempts last year and 30th in yardage. How will they ever replace his 28 catches?!? The funny part, Marquise Goodwin actually had more production last year than Watkins. Charles Clay will still lead the team in catches and McCoy will get about 50 catches out of the backfield.

Too many people are hung up on the "potential" Watkins could have not what he actually has accomplished. Just because you have this "potential" people think you have doesn't mean you actually do nor does it mean you'll ever reach it.
                For me it isn't as much 'OMG what do we do without Sammy?' as much as the disparity between the ability we lost/gave up on vs the ability that is now here. The schedule is just mental masturbation, we all know much of that perception is going to change after the first couple of weeks. A grip on having any kind of successful season was tenuous at best going in, but now with what at least on the surface resembles a downgrade in talent that grip is much looser.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                  All season?
                  While the games are on, I root for the Bills. That's not to say that I don't understand the value in losing.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Those must have been incredibly tight games if Sammy's 3.2 catches were going to make a big enough difference to lose. Especially considering Jordan Matthews averages 4.7 catches per game. But I guess Sammy has more unused potential. We'd win every game if we could use potential to win ball games.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Those must have been incredibly tight games if Sammy's 3.2 catches were going to make a big enough difference to lose. Especially considering Jordan Matthews averages 4.7 catches per game. But I guess Sammy has more unused potential. We'd win every game if we could use potential to win ball games.
                      People just can't follow this, Sammy won't be on the field for one reason or another. He's made of glass & we got a early second round present for trading him, you've got to love it.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                        Zay Jones has a huge upside.

I am eager to see Peterman and him work together on Saturday.
                        I agree he has upside, but he's only a rookie.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

I'll take what Sammy brings to the table every day compared to Matthews. From a pure talent standpoint there is no comparison, now health is always the X factor.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

I'll take what Sammy brings to the table every day compared to Matthews. From a pure talent standpoint there is no comparison, now health is always the X factor.
                            3 years worth of statistics shows that one produces more than the other, but we'll see as this season pans out. We're only trying to replace a 50 catch per season WR, it shouldn't be that hard.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

3 years worth of statistics shows that one produces more than the other, but we'll see as this season pans out. We're only trying to replace a 50 catch per season WR, it shouldn't be that hard.
                              The QB we currently have starting makes it a lot harder.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                                Making Spirits Bright
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                                The QB we currently have starting makes it a lot harder.
                                Another good reason why the WR position is not as important for this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X