Is anyone we drafted in the past 17 seasons going to make the hall of fame ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mouldsie
    • Aug 2012

Re: Is anyone we drafted in the past 17 seasons going to make the hall of fame ?

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Marshawn had HOF talent, but he's a piece of **** human being. He won't get in.

Dareus also had HOF talent, but he got paid and he was done.
    A POS who donates tons of time and money to helping the community he came from.

I don't get how anyone who stands against unjustified racially motivated violence is the POS.

Comment

• DesertFox24
      • Jul 2005

Re: Is anyone we drafted in the past 17 seasons going to make the hall of fame ?

Only two games even have a shot and that is Lynch and Kyle.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

I'm sorry, but if Jonathan Stewart is a potential HoF, then Lynch is already in. Check the numbers, Stewart can't hold Marshawn's jock.

Peterson not on the list either. Makes me sick thinking Mario Williams has a better chance than Kyle, I know who I'm going to war with, and so do most NFL coaches.
        Last edited by kingJofNYC; 08-21-2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Mouldsie
          • Aug 2012

I think Lynch will get in and Peters & Big Pat should get in... but idk if we can count them because 1) they left 2) Peters & Williams were UDFA

When was Antoine Winfield drafted? 1999? He has a shot. Maybe Kyle.

Nothing surefire :'(

And I don't think it's because there were not any who could have done it... more the lack of success and leadership ruining anyone in this building from reaching their true potential (individually and collectively).
          Last edited by Mouldsie; 08-21-2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Sorry, I can't resist:

Sammy Watkins

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
              Makes me sick thinking Mario Williams has a better chance than Kyle, I know who I'm going to war with, and so do most NFL coaches.
              I won't disagree with that but it supports a couple of premises....HOF credentials isn't an indication of team success, or even necessarily individual ability.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

My best candidate would be Brian Moorman

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

Going by what some Bills fans say,I think Fred Jackson will be inducted to the Hall of Fame at least three times over.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                    Edit: If being a piece of **** kept players out of the HoF....
                    Not my point. Being a piece of **** kept him from having a Hall of Fame career. That's my point.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                      My best candidate would be Brian Moorman
                      check that he was signed as a free agent ha ha. Not that he's a HOF player just the best player in a lot of years on some terrible teams

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                        check that he was signed as a free agent ha ha. Not that he's a HOF player just the best player in a lot of years on some terrible teams
                        This speaks volumes, we haven't had the proper staff in place to make these determinations for who to draft.

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          I won't disagree with that but it supports a couple of premises....HOF credentials isn't an indication of team success, or even necessarily individual ability.

Draft pick matters. If Kyle was a top 5 pick and Mario was a 5th rounder they'd be looked at differently

Also Mario wouldn't of gotten the benefit of the doubt so much
                          Last edited by Cali512; 08-22-2017, 11:32 AM.
                          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                            Draft pick matters. If Kyle was a top 5 pick and Mario was a 5th rounder they'd be looked at differently

Also Mario wouldn't of gotten the benefit of the doubt so much
                            True. Also there's the fact that Kyle's position is a lot less flashy, less glamorous, generates a lot less stats, and is more easily overlooked than Mario's position. Add to that the fact that Kyle was forced to play out of position for several years as a nose tackle in a 3-4 defense. (His natural position is a DT in a 4-3, or a DE in a 3-4.) Finally, you have the fact that Williams played in the obscurity of Buffalo. To make matters worse, the entirety of his career has occurred during our playoff drought. Very easy to overlook a guy like that, especially for those who don't follow the Bills.

I look at the fact that Mario Williams is now retired, and had played poorly in the two or three years leading up to his retirement. Whereas, Kyle Williams was drafted the same year as Mario, and is still going strong. As a general rule, the better the player the longer his career. There are of course exceptions to that rule, but it is the overall trend.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

JP Losman

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                                JP Losman
                                This was set in stone after his first 4 starts, in his mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X