Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone we drafted in the past 17 seasons going to make the hall of fame ?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Is anyone we drafted in the past 17 seasons going to make the hall of fame ?

Pretty simple, did we draft any hall of fame talented players from 2000 until now?
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-21-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Is anyone we drafted in the past 17 seasons going to make the hall of fame ?

Marshawn had HOF talent, but he's a piece of **** human being. He won't get in.

Dareus also had HOF talent, but he got paid and he was done.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Is anyone we drafted in the past 17 seasons going to make the hall of fame ?

Lynch has a shot, along with Jason Peters, that's about it. Kyle never got the notoriety early in his career, hell of a player though.

Edit: If being a piece of **** kept players out of the HoF....
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 08-21-2017 at 02:27 PM.

4. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (08-21-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If they do, they're not going in as Bills. I think the organization should be talking about how to salvage our historical image during the drought- that is, how we view it as a snapshot of the franchise. If I'm Russ Brandon, I make a push to (obviously) sign Fred Jackson to a 1-day contract so he retires as a Bill and then (not as obviously) retire #22. It's a good PR move to reward a guy who is one of the most beloved Bills of the post-SuperBowl era.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    Lynch has a shot, along with Jason Peters, that's about it. Kyle never got the notoriety early in his career, hell of a player though.

Going to make it into the hall is the deal, it's voted on by the press so you can simply forget about Marshawn Lynch. Peters might but what success did he ever really have, so I doubt it. Did we go almost 20 years without one standout player ?? It's all really hitting home, we haven't been ran properly for a long time.

7. Post thanked by:

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post

Peters was undrafted. I think we signed him off of the Giants practice squad.

Marshawn is probably my favorite Bill that we've drafted in this span, but his stats right now are nothing compared to LT who just got in. I think he needs a couple more big seasons to have a chance.

The only other player that might have a shot is Ko Simpson.

9. Post thanked by:

Oaf (08-21-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Going to make it into the hall is the deal, it's voted on by the press so you can simply forget about Marshawn Lynch. Peters might but what success did he ever really have, so I doubt it. Did we go almost 20 years without one standout player ?? It's all really hitting home, we haven't been ran properly for a long time.
    Kyle Williams absolutely stands out, but it's very hard to make it to Canton if you don't make it to January.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Peters was undrafted. I think we signed him off of the Giants practice squad.

Marshawn is probably my favorite Bill that we've drafted in this span, but his stats right now are nothing compared to LT who just got in. I think he needs a couple more big seasons to have a chance.

The only other player that might have a shot is Ko Simpson.
    of the Buffalo Bills? He's worth millions!

11. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-21-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    If they do, they're not going in as Bills. I think the organization should be talking about how to salvage our historical image during the drought- that is, how we view it as a snapshot of the franchise. If I'm Russ Brandon, I make a push to (obviously) sign Fred Jackson to a 1-day contract so he retires as a Bill and then (not as obviously) retire #22. It's a good PR move to reward a guy who is one of the most beloved Bills of the post-SuperBowl era.
    Read the F-n question & realize why I'm asking it, we've been 17 years without a really successful player wherever they go. It's a testament to the stupidity of what we have in Buffalo, simply brutal.

13. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (08-21-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Read the F-n question & realize why I'm asking it, we've been 17 years without a really successful player wherever they go. It's a testament to the stupidity of what we have in Buffalo, simply brutal.
    I read the question and I understand why you're asking it. If you have an actual problem with my response, you should try to express what that problem is instead of having a piss fit.

15. Post thanked by:

HHURRICANE (08-22-2017),Mouldsie (08-21-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So you think Peters might get into the HoF but question his success, how does that make sense?

I know we didn't outright draft Peters, and I was going to put that caveat in my original post, but we did sign him as UDFA and then too a risk in cutting him only to bring him back and groom him into one of the best the LTs in football. He's getting into the HoF, no question.

Do agree that Lynch doesn't have the big time stats, but he has some of the biggest post season runs, the guy has great tape and even though the media hates doing interviews with him I'm sure they all love his game. He could have used a couple of more seasons with big numbers, sat out almost two years (1 due to injury mostly).

SpikedLemonade

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But we've had some really good players, unfortunately you can't win when you get rid of them or don't foster more development.

Pat Williams, Winfield, Fletcher, Spikes, Lynch, Peters, Jabari Greer were all good players. Many of them played in big games when they left Buffalo, some of them won superbowls. How many Hall of Famers did last year's Patriots team have? 1? It's a team game, you need some studs, but it never hurts to have above average football players. We had some studs, but they never stick around or never had talent added around them. Kyle Williams isn't going to throw and catch touchdowns, neither is Freddie or Marshawn.
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 08-21-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,141 Times in 5,885 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kiko and the Polish windshield will get in.

20. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,412 Times in 1,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You could go all the way back to 1989 and the answer will still be zero. Thurman Thomas was drafted in 1988. There hasn't been a HOF player drafted since. I think Eric Moulds had the talent, but wasted too many years playing on crappy teams with crappy qb's. I think Sam Cowart could have had the talent too, but a ruptured achilles ruined his career. Ruben Brown made a bunch of probowls, but he's not one of the greatest players ever.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,518 Times in 17,411 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

00-Brian Urlacher, Tom Brady
    01-LT, Steve Hutchinson, Reggie Wayne, Drew Brees
    02-Julius Peppers, Dwight Freeney, Ed Reed
    03-Terrell Suggs, Troy Polamalu, Jason Witten, Anquan Boldin
    04-Eli Manning, Larry Fitzgerald, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Vince Wilfork
    05-Demarcus Ware, Aaron Rodgers, Frank Gore
    06-Mario Williams, Haloti Ngata, Nick Mangold
    07-Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Darrelle Revis, Steve Smith
    08-Matt Ryan, Jonathon Stewart
    09-Lesean McCoy

There's 10 years worth, it actually gets difficult around then because guys this decade just haven't had the time to build a resume. Considering there are three, maybe four in every draft (and IMO I'm being generous) I don't think it's really that big of a deal that Buffalo hasn't drafted any and they certainly aren't the only NFL team in that boat.

Historically speaking, especially starting with the Super Bowl era drafts, there just aren't that many and more than 4 or 5 from one draft class is by the exception, not the rule.

http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes...by-draft-year/
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Marshawn had HOF talent, but he's a piece of **** human being. He won't get in.

Dareus also had HOF talent, but he got paid and he was done.
    A POS who donates tons of time and money to helping the community he came from.

I don't get how anyone who stands against unjustified racially motivated violence is the POS.

24. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Only two games even have a shot and that is Lynch and Kyle.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm sorry, but if Jonathan Stewart is a potential HoF, then Lynch is already in. Check the numbers, Stewart can't hold Marshawn's jock.

Peterson not on the list either. Makes me sick thinking Mario Williams has a better chance than Kyle, I know who I'm going to war with, and so do most NFL coaches.
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 08-21-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think Lynch will get in and Peters & Big Pat should get in... but idk if we can count them because 1) they left 2) Peters & Williams were UDFA

When was Antoine Winfield drafted? 1999? He has a shot. Maybe Kyle.

Nothing surefire :'(

And I don't think it's because there were not any who could have done it... more the lack of success and leadership ruining anyone in this building from reaching their true potential (individually and collectively).
    Last edited by Mouldsie; 08-21-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry, I can't resist:

Sammy Watkins