X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: QB Watch Thread

Wow Darnold just brought them downfield for game tying field goal at the buzzer. Overtime coming. I love this kid. To bad he will probably end up on the Jets.

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

And he throws a dart on the first play.

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        Going to be a fun one to watch. I like Ferguson, but I want to see him v. Power 5 defense. UCLA will be a good test and if he shreds them his buzz will grow exponentially.
        Would say the buzz has started?

Memphis coach Mike Norvell knows the team's win over visiting UCLA will be remembered for a long time, while Bruins quarterback Josh Rosen laments playing "hero ball."

Box score for the Memphis Tigers vs. UCLA Bruins NCAAF game from September 16, 2017 on ESPN. Includes all passing, rushing and receiving stats.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Baker Mayfield with the 2nd best completion % in the country so far. And is listed at #3 in yards per attempt. Stats can't get much better than that.

ESPN is the place for NCAAF stats! Discover the All Conferences Offense stat leaders of the 2023 college football season.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Nice drive to tie up the game.
            The kid has moxie and plenty of skill but he's got a lot more mechanical flaws then I first realized. He really struggles with a clean pocket and seems to have more mechanical issues then I thought. Right now I'd put him as QB2 behind Rudolph.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
              Would say the buzz has started?

Memphis coach Mike Norvell knows the team's win over visiting UCLA will be remembered for a long time, while Bruins quarterback Josh Rosen laments playing "hero ball."

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400935270
              Yes, Ferguson though will always have to overcome his system and mechanics. I see him as late day 2 guy with high upside.

- - - Updated - - -

Baker Mayfield with the 2nd best completion % in the country so far. And is listed at #3 in yards per attempt. Stats can't get much better than that.

http://www.espn.com/college-football.../completionPct
              It's going to be interesting see if Mayfield can get the Russell Wilson tag or not.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Yes, Ferguson though will always have to overcome his system and mechanics. I see him as late day 2 guy with high upside.

- - - Updated - - -

It's going to be interesting see if Mayfield can get the Russell Wilson tag or not.
                I'll settle for him. He ignites an offense and plays with such passion.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  I'll settle for him. He ignites an offense and plays with such passion.
                  At this point, I'm not considering or willing to settle for anybody. The Bills focus should be on their #1 rated QB no matter what.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mouldsie
                    • Aug 2012

The kid has moxie and plenty of skill but he's got a lot more mechanical flaws then I first realized. He really struggles with a clean pocket and seems to have more mechanical issues then I thought. Right now I'd put him as QB2 behind Rudolph.
                    Last year in limited viewing I thought he was Fitzpatrick with more arm. Still seems like a decent summary of his game. (also not necessarily a bad one)

Comment

• Mouldsie
                      • Aug 2012

http://www.espn.com/college-football.../completionPct
                      I've never watched his games and felt like he'd be the ideal NFL QB... but I have to take more notice now perhaps

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Week 4 Games to Watch:
                        Mason Rudolph (18) v. Kenny Hill (18) - Oklahoma State v. TCU
                        Logan Woodside (18) - Toldeo v. Miami
                        Nick Shmonek (18) v. Kyle Allen (20) - Texas Tech v. Houston
                        Nick Bolin (18) v. Tanner Lee (18) - Rutgers v. Nebraska
                        Kurt Benkert (18) v. Brett Rypien (19) - Virginia v. Boise State
                        Taylor Lamb (18) v. John Wolford (18) - Appalachian State v. Wake Forest
                        Josh Rosen (19) v. Keller Chryst (19) - UCLA v. Stanford
                        Nick Fitzgerald (19) - Mississippi State v. UGA
                        Jake Browning (19) - Washington v. Colorado
                        Ryan Finley (19) - NC State v. FSU
                        Brandon Wimbush (20) - Notre Dame v. Michigan State

The biggest game of the weekend in terms of pure QB match up is UCLA v. Stanford. Rosen needs a more consistent game v. Stanford and Chryst needs to show that he's ready for the big time. Second place game is Oklahoma St. v. TCU, Rudolph will face his toughest defense to date in TCU.

Behind that there are three games I'm particularly interested in that feature only one QB prospect. Those are Toledo v. Miami, Miss St v. UGA, and NC State v. FSU. All three feature QB's who are either unknown (Woodside - Toledo) or who evaluators are still trying to figure out (Fitzgerald - Miss St; Finley - NC St). This creates a big opportunity for all three of these guys to establish themselves.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
                          • Jul 2005

At this point, I'm not considering or willing to settle for anybody. The Bills focus should be on their #1 rated QB no matter what.
                          Who's settling ? To be polarized by a single QB you may not have a shot at isn't wise. Their may be 4-6 QB's selected in Round 1 and Mayfield is looking extra sharp right now. The settling comment was obviously in jest. Rudolph is obvious. Rosen looks good. Darnold may stay. Allen is a no for me. Mayfield plays in big games and plays well. I like.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Night Train
                            • Jul 2005

Mayfield so far this year. 76.8 % completions. 10 TD's . 0 Int's.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                              Who's settling ? To be polarized by a single QB you may not have a shot at isn't wise. Their may be 4-6 QB's selected in Round 1 and Mayfield is looking extra sharp right now. The settling comment was obviously in jest. Rudolph is obvious. Rosen looks good. Darnold may stay. Allen is a no for me. Mayfield plays in big games and plays well. I like.
                              Fair enough. I like Mayfield, I just don't like the averages that come with QB's his size.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Darnold sloppy again, throws 7th INT.

Rudolph also seeing some struggles for the first time this year.
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X