• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Re: Peterman will be starter by Week 4

Why wait till game 4 ?

McD has tape from every game played last year & 2 games this season....

If he is that blind maybe we should have kept Rex Ryan ??
    Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• El Guapo
      • May 2007

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
      And you'll be back to talking about how we need to draft a QB by week 6.
      Probably, but with Taylor, we already know we need one. Let's see what the kid can do.
      A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Might as well start his development into the back up QB we drafted him to be
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Arm of Harm
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
          Oh, there's nothing wrong with drafting a QB ...by week 6 or later...it should have been done for the past few years.

But QB is not what made the O regress.
          Our offense lives and dies by the running game. Our "quarterback" is a running back who can throw. If or when the running game gets shut down, our whole offense gets stifled.

Ever since Brady became the Patriots' starter, their offense has been the opposite of that. I've seen long, many-play drives where the Patriots didn't run the ball once. Sure, over the course of the game they'll run it here and there. Keep the clock running. Keep the DL from selling out on the pass. But mostly the running game is an afterthought. Their offense lives and dies by the pass.

So which is better? Normally, about 9/10 Super Bowl champions will have a franchise QB. I can't remember the last time the Super Bowl champion had as their QB a running back who could throw.

Comment

• Pennywise
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            The offense is good when the OL and Shady are good. They weren't good today. TT is just along for the ride. When the running game struggles it magnifies how bad he is as a passer.
            I don't get why some don't recognize this. The most mediocre of QB's can look decent when the ground game is gashing a defense.

Taylor can't carry a team.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Why wait? Start him now. Losing with TT does absolutely NO good. Losing with Peterman at least has the value of testing him out. Literally cannot tell me that TT gives us that much better of a chance to win. The guy is EXACTLY the same after 2 years. Has not progressed AT ALL. He's hit the ceiling, plain and simple.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Our Bye Week is after our 5th game.

It would make sense to use the 2 weeks off to prepare Peterman to start for week 7's home game against the Bucs.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

I honestly don't think that they pull Tyrod until we fall 2-3 games behind the fish.

Could be due to injury, or a complete meltdown, (meaning a 4-5 game losing streak) but I think he's on a short leash.

However, I do not think that either one of the first two games is a good barometer of how this team is performing, as the Jets are beyond putrid, and the Panthers beyond talented, albeit underachieving last year.

The key thing to watch would be to see what kind of snap percentage Peterman gets in practice each week with the first team.

If the Bills go on a slide, say they're 2-5 after the Raider game, they may feel it's time to make a change.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

What's clear to me, so far, is that Taylor can't run the Offense Dennison wants to run. Plain and simple.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                      • Jul 2002

Within 2-3 games fans will be screaming to put Tyrod back in and bench Nathan Marangi.

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                        Within 2-3 games fans will be screaming to put Tyrod back in and bench Nathan Marangi.
                        This is at least the second time you've equated Peterman to Marangi.

In the NFL, Marangi achieved a pathetic 4.9 yards per attempt, while throwing nearly twice as many INTs as TDs. I can't recall ever seeing a QB put up career stats as bad as those.

On the other hand, Peterman was our best preseason QB, and it wasn't even close. Does preseason success always equate to success in the regular season? Of course not. But Peterman hasn't yet played a down of football in a regular season NFL game, and you've already written him off. Why?

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post
                          This is at least the second time you've equated Peterman to Marangi.

In the NFL, Marangi achieved a pathetic 4.9 yards per attempt, while throwing nearly twice as many INTs as TDs. I can't recall ever seeing a QB put up career stats as bad as those.

On the other hand, Peterman was our best preseason QB, and it wasn't even close. Does preseason success always equate to success in the regular season? Of course not. But Peterman hasn't yet played a down of football in a regular season NFL game, and you've already written him off. Why?
                          My point is be careful what you wish for when you call for the backup QB. Right now the Peterman fans are very reminiscent of the fans over 40 years ago who were begging to see Marangi replace Ferguson. I use Marangi because he is the epitome of a bad backup exposed. Do I expect Peterman to be as bad as Marangi, who holds the NFL record for worse completion % in a season? Of course not, there may never be a starting QB as bad as Marangi was ever again in Buffalo (I sure hope not). But it's my way of saying to the Peterman crowd curb your enthusiasm. I'm going to the game Sunday & if I hear someone near me calling for Peterman, I'll counter with "We want Marangi"

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                            I hear someone near me calling for Peterman, I'll counter with "We want Marangi"
                            And you'll be the only one who understands that comeback. Congrats.

Comment

• swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by baalworship View Post
                              Peterman is garbage. He was run out of town in Tennessee. What makes anyone think he will be better in the NFL?
                              Ask Skooby and BI.

Comment

• swiper
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                                And you'll be the only one who understands that comeback. Congrats.
                                No he won't. Every Bills fan understands that. What are you like 5 years old?

Comment

Working...
                                X