Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balls and goats.

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,538 Times in 2,765 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Balls and goats.

Who was calling the plays? Like the 4th and 1. Some easy balls dropped. Tyrod was on the run because of poor protection. And Tyrod made some rookie mistakes but showed more promise IMO.
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.

2. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (09-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I have to give a goat to McDermott, his time management and use of the timeouts was terrible. In a game that came down to the final seconds, McD wasted way too many of them.

Ball goes to Poyer, twice he saved a TD on 3rd down, forcing the Panthers to go for FG's. He also had a sack in the 3rd quarter with the Panthers on their 40, after another sack by Hughes, they punted and the Bills got the ball back, then marched 40 yards to get their 3 points.

4. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Balls:Hughes - BeastSack Lawson - TerrorMeatball - High motor. Deserves to be traded to playoff team before deadlineThe Yarbrough Man - SackOne Man Gang - Sack and 9 tacklesPoyer - Sack - 11 tackles. Nice signing my WhaleyFergerson - Excellent snaps all dayGoats:TMobile - Not an NFL QB. Perfect for tank year thoughMills - TurnstyleMiller - Costly penaltyJones - Crushing dropClay (The Returner) - Fumble and got jacked upThe FB (Can't remember his name) - dropped 1st down pass
    The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    Who was calling the plays? Like the 4th and 1. Some easy balls dropped. Tyrod was on the run because of poor protection. And Tyrod made some rookie mistakes but showed more promise IMO.
    He was on the run, but only because he's a one read QB, then it's either a checkdown for a 2 yard pass, or a scramble.

7. Post thanked by:

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,538 Times in 2,765 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    He was on the run, but only because he's a one read QB, then it's either a checkdown for a 2 yard pass, or a scramble.
    4th and one and if I remember , he was in the shotgun and threw the ball back to the runner,made it a 4th and 9.

9. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    Tyrod was on the run because that's what Tyrod does. So our 7th year QB made some rookie mistakes, well maybe in another 2-3 years he"ll stop making rookie mistakes.

Not trying to be an ass, but what promise did Taylor show ?
    8 of his 17 completions were at or behind the LOS. He attempted only 5 passes that were thrown more than 10 yards in the air, 2 were complete, 2 were out of bounds and the last one was to an open Zay Jones and Taylor couldn't throw him a decent ball. Sorry I don't see any promise.

11. Post thanked by:

baalworship (09-18-2017),The last buffalo fan (09-18-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    Tyrod was on the run because that's what Tyrod does. So our 7th year QB made some rookie mistakes, well maybe in another 2-3 years he"ll stop making rookie mistakes.

Not trying to be an ass, but what promise did Taylor show ?
    8 of his 17 completions were at or behind the LOS. He attempted only 5 passes that were thrown more than 10 yards in the air, 2 were complete, 2 were out of bounds and the last one was to an open Zay Jones and Taylor couldn't throw him a decent ball. Sorry I don't see any promise.
    The goal for an NFL team should be to win a Superbowl. It's a yes or no question. Can Tyrod Taylor win me a Superbowl? If the answer is no (and it has been apparent watching him play) there is no reason to keep trotting him out there. My fear is not that he plays out the string this year. I am starting to worry these guys bring him back for 2018.

If you listen to Dennison and his Tyrod kept us in the game comment it is apparent that's what Dennison and his boss values. Keep the game close, don't turnover the football. Well, on that front TT could be said to be succeeding. I really want the standard raised much higher because you need to play to win in the NFL, not play not to lose. QB's need to make plays and throws when the game is close because it ususally is.

13. Post thanked by:

kishoph (09-18-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by baalworship View Post
    The goal for an NFL team should be to win a Superbowl. It's a yes or no question. Can Tyrod Taylor win me a Superbowl? If the answer is no (and it has been apparent watching him play) there is no reason to keep trotting him out there. My fear is not that he plays out the string this year. I am starting to worry these guys bring him back for 2018.

If you listen to Dennison and his Tyrod kept us in the game comment it is apparent that's what Dennison and his boss values. Keep the game close, don't turnover the football. Well, on that front TT could be said to be succeeding. I really want the standard raised much higher because you need to play to win in the NFL, not play not to lose. QB's need to make plays and throws when the game is close because it ususally is.
    I had to laugh when I heard that "Tyrod kept us in the game" comment, if I didn't know better I would of thought he was joking. If the score was something like 35-31 with the Bills having a chance to win, then the QB kept you in the game. When your offense scored a total of 3 points, your QB did nothing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    I had to laugh when I heard that "Tyrod kept us in the game" comment, if I didn't know better I would of thought he was joking. If the score was something like 35-31 with the Bills having a chance to win, then the QB kept you in the game. When your offense scored a total of 3 points, your QB did nothing.
    It speaks to a play not to lose coaching philosophy. We have seen this movie before.

16. Post thanked by:

kishoph (09-19-2017)