Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McDermott Not Considering a QB Change

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: McDermott Not Considering a QB Change

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    The more they hang in with TT, the more their credibility diminishes.

Right now the Head Coach is showing allegiance to the General Manager since the obvious question is -- How poor is your ability to evaluate players that you thought you could be successful starting TT?
    Tyrod was kept by Dennison and McDermott. Beane wasn't here yet when TT was extended.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by baalworship View Post
    Tyrod was kept by Dennison and McDermott. Beane wasn't here yet when TT was extended.
    I am aware of this.

Still does NOT make the GM look good when you change your starting QB early in the season without a viable back up on the roster.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I am aware of this.

Still does NOT make the GM look good when you change your starting QB early in the season without a viable back up on the roster.
    On that I agree. McDermott was the acting GM and so one should ask why he wanted to bring TT back. Any casual fan could have known Tyrod's game is not throwing with timing. And yet, here we are.

4. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by k-oneputt View Post
    Denver, at Atlanta, at Cincy.

He had better hope Cincy goes in the tank.
    Denver is not going to be the same Denver you saw last night IN Denver.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Too early to pull the plug on Taylor yet.

McDermott is playing his cards very well with this situation so far.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

7. Post thanked by:

alohabillsfan (09-18-2017),Historian (09-19-2017),Mace (09-18-2017)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Depends on who you ask. I think it makes him look great that he can recognize a mistake and is willing to look toward the future and see what he's got in the rookie.

Besides, as soon as we bench Tyrod we instantly have the best backup QB in the NFL and we can credit that to the GM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Depends on who you ask. I think it makes him look great that he can recognize a mistake and is willing to look toward the future and see what he's got in the rookie.

Besides, as soon as we bench Tyrod we instantly have the best backup QB in the NFL and we can credit that to the GM.
    You think more highly of Tyrod than I do.

10. Post thanked by:

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Unfortunately, I think Taylor will make the decision elementary when he gets injured relatively soon. He's going to get concussed again, either trying to run or trying to figure out what's going on without pocket awareness behind an o-line that can only do so much to help him.

12. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (09-19-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldn't mind seeing them put peterman in, in situations (especially the red zone), maybe even both on the field at the same time ?

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by alohabillsfan View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing them put peterman in, in situations (especially the red zone), maybe even both on the field at the same time ?
    It wouldn't hurt my feelings any, but I think they're reasonably trying to manage Peterman's development until Taylor gets creamed because of the only way he can play effectively.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The hardest part of these discussions is the irrationality of them.

Tyrod is not as bad as people think (and Peterman is not as good as some people think). Tyrod has also been set up to fail, so failure should be no surprise. He's capable of leading a top 10 offense as we've seen the last two seasons but the coaches are not utilizing his strengths (nor are they maximizing the talent of the OL) and have not given him WR's who can separate vs man. Next, even if you love Nathan 'the savior' Peterman: playing him vs Denver could end his career before it even begins so why would you want that? (Remember Trent vs Arizona?) Is he supposed to take us to the playoffs this year? If not, what's the rush to get him in there right this second? If he's not our savior but simply an upgrade over TT and the next year's draft will bring us the real savior: then, in that light, why would you want to bench TT? He's clearly the better option for losing/finding next years replacement then, right?

I could point out more logical inconsistencies but it's giving me a headache.

16. Post thanked by:

Oaf (09-19-2017)

Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Arm of Harm View Post
    You think more highly of Tyrod than I do.
    I wouldn't mind Taylor as a back up... NOT one bit. He's not a starter, but he's not as far from starting quality as many other teams' starters... I'd take him over Andy Dalton... And probably over Sam Bradford since he is the Sammy Watkins of qbs.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Not really a surprise. I'd like to see them open up the offense a bit more. Denver's D is as good as, if not better than Carolina's. They are going to have to back them off of the LOS, and prevent them from stacking the box if they want to have any shot at running the football.
    I'll be honest with you. after watching what Von Miller did to the Cowboys offensive line, I think our RT (whomever it is) will get Tyrod killed by the end of the 1st Quarter. They weren't even giving him lookout blocks against Peppers, and Von Miller is a lot better than Peppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldsie View Post

Tyrod is not as bad as people think (and Peterman is not as good as some people think)
    Peterman has Trent Edwards stink all over him. He has shown me nothing to make me believe he'll be anything other than Trentative version 2.0, so be careful what you're all wishing for, you might just get it.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-19-2017 at 01:39 AM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The last buffalo fan View Post
    Our only option there is look and throw at Robbey's side and get the completation or the pass interference.
    If it was nickell Robey back there maybe, Bradley Roby, not so sure. Denver has a pretty good secondary, it could be another tough day for the Bills passing game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I could point out more logical inconsistencies but it's giving me a headache.
    You must be referring to Spiked whining and begging non stop for the Bills to tank and finish 3-13 yet he is questioning why the Bills would stick with Tyrod Taylor..SMH

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tyrod is not as bad as people think (and Peterman is not as good as some people think).
    This is most likely the truth, especially in Nate's case.

Tyrod has also been set up to fail, so failure should be no surprise.
    I don't think you can criticize others for irrationality than throw out the conspiracy angle as 'legit'.

He's capable of leading a top 10 offense as we've seen the last two seasons but the coaches are not utilizing his strengths (nor are they maximizing the talent of the OL) and have not given him WR's who can separate vs man.
    Rankings are iffy evidence. I don't know where you are getting 'last two seasons' but unless NFL.com is wrong that claim is not true for points scored or yards gained. Also, I don't buy the lack of separation claim, nobody has backed that up with anything.

Next, even if you love Nathan 'the savior' Peterman: playing him vs Denver could end his career before it even begins so why would you want that? (Remember Trent vs Arizona?) Is he supposed to take us to the playoffs this year? If not, what's the rush to get him in there right this second?
    Not buying this argument any more either, it's not a valid reason to not play somebody. If you want to put the best players on the field, that's what you do and roll with the ramifications. Trent Edwards (as an example) wasn't ruined, he turned out to be who he was, plain and simple.

If he's not our savior but simply an upgrade over TT and the next year's draft will bring us the real savior: then, in that light, why would you want to bench TT? He's clearly the better option for losing/finding next years replacement then, right?
    Yeah, the 'tankers' should be OK with Tyrod.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    If he's already addressing that in week 2, it's coming. And it's not too far off.
    Mr. Pink deserves to have his REP restored and be out of the red, it's been that way for a decade.

23. Post thanked by:

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,242 Times in 15,406 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Please Skooby....come down from that ledge.

Please!

You have people here who love you!

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Mr. Pink deserves to have his REP restored and be out of the red, it's been that way for a decade.

Free Free Set Mr. Pink Free.

Free Free Set Mr. Pink Free.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post

Rankings are iffy evidence. I don't know where you are getting 'last two seasons' but unless NFL.com is wrong that claim is not true for points scored or yards gained. Also, I don't buy the lack of separation claim, nobody has backed that up with anything.

Actually there is statistical evidence that shows the Bills receivers have been getting separation, The Bills receivers have averaged around 2 yds. separation on passes attempted to them. Zay Jones average of separation on passes thrown his way is 2.2 yds. Clay 2.5, Holmes 2.4 Matthews is low at 1.7 yds. A couple examples, AJ Green's 2.6, Julio Jones 1.9, and Sammy Watkins is 2.6 yds of separation.
    A problem is that Taylor is not aggressive throwing to a receiver that isn't wide open. Taylor has attempted only 17% of his passes where there is a defender within a yard. That may seem like a lot, but it is the 3rd lowest in the league. The average of the better QB's in the league is around 25% of their passes.
    This is not news, for 2 years we've seen that Taylor rarely will throw the ball to a receiver that isn't completely open. Tentative Tyrod needs to throw the ball to his receivers and give them a chance to make a play. He's failed to do that no matter who his receivers have been.

27. Post thanked by:

Arm of Harm (09-19-2017),YardRat (09-19-2017)