Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: McDermott Not Considering a QB Change

Thanks
    Thanked 9,895 Times in 4,018 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: McDermott Not Considering a QB Change

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    We are running a mobile QB in a pocket passer utilized system, call me crazy but we are wasting our time seeing if Tyrod can handle it.
    And who's fault is that?

when the O was consistently scoring between 25 and 30 ppg last year, people were whining that it wasn't enough to make up for the Rex/Rob ineptness.

But rather than keeping that success and fixing the defense...the franchise has chosen to rebuild an already successful area. And the engineer hired to rebuild the already successful offense was let go by Denver because his offense was getting worse by the week. This is a guy who's former players are now gushing over their new OC.

THIS is the justification for the statement.."we're running a new offense?"

You'd think after Rex Ryan's failed defensive makeover....people would have learned something.

But then..this is a fanbase that's become more excited about draft day in April than winning games in the fall.

17 years of unnecessary scheme changes and a continuous cry for "next year" does that to people.

2. Post thanked by:

Kenny (09-21-2017),Mouldsie (09-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Don't get me wrong, I totally see the point you guys are making, I made the same argument with Schwartz and the D under Wrecks, I just think a)the stats you are providing are nice numbers, but they aren't an accurate portrayal of how the offense really struggled the last two seasons and b)it's not as simple as 'if this offense doesn't score more points than last year's than they are failures'.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    And who's fault is that?

when the O was consistently scoring between 25 and 30 ppg last year, people were whining that it wasn't enough to make up for the Rex/Rob ineptness.

But rather than keeping that success and fixing the defense...the franchise has chosen to rebuild an already successful area. And the engineer hired to rebuild the already successful offense was let go by Denver because his offense was getting worse by the week. This is a guy who's former players are now gushing over their new OC.

THIS is the justification for the statement.."we're running a new offense?"

You'd think after Rex Ryan's failed defensive makeover....people would have learned something.

But then..this is a fanbase that's become more excited about draft day in April than winning games in the fall.

17 years of unnecessary scheme changes and a continuous cry for "next year" does that to people.
    Our weak schedule last year masked Tyrod's weaknesses, we beat NE in NE for Christ's sake. That's a freaking miracle because of injury & suspensions, we won't catch that break this year. The competition level is way higher, we are the walking dead unless we plug our square peg in the square hole (Nathan the pocket passer). Tyrod won't be starting by week 6 like I said, he's a fraud and there's no chance.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you approach this from the viewpoint of tanking, it makes sense.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

6. Post thanked by:

Mouldsie (09-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,895 Times in 4,018 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Our weak schedule last year masked Tyrod's weaknesses, we beat NE in NE for Christ's sake. That's a freaking miracle because of injury & suspensions, we won't catch that break this year.
    Ah, Ah Ah...you forgot about 2015 ...his O still scored a third more Td's than it had the year before..and more Td's than pretty much any year since the drought began.

So that's realyl 2 years of being lucky...or pretty much his whole starting career.

The competition level is way higher, we are the walking dead unless we plug our square peg in the square hole (Nathan the pocket passer). Tyrod won't be starting by week 6 like I said, he's a fraud and there's no chance.
    Explain the fraud thingy..

...he's really a woman who glued on a goat?
    ...he bilks little old ladies out their retirement?
    ...there's a rat under his helmet guiding his throws?

What?

BTW..

the next time you talk to your sources ...ask who came up with the bright idea of installing a lesser offense.

8. Post thanked by:

Mouldsie (09-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

...He's a running back posing as a QB.
    ...He's bilked the Pegula's out of millions of dollars.
    ...I think it's EJ Manuel guiding his throws, just judging by the accuracy thingie.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

10. Post thanked by:

Skooby (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think there are two camps forming. One is that Tyrod is not good enough. The other is that Dennison is not using his players correctly.

I am in both camps. Don't think it's an either/or. Both camps are correct.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by baalworship View Post
    I think there are two camps forming. One is that Tyrod is not good enough. The other is that Dennison is not using his players correctly.

Which is the it's been two games and too early to tell much of anything?
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

13. Post thanked by:

YardRat (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by baalworship View Post

I am in both as well. I just can't let nonsense like "Tyrod Taylor is the worst QB in the NFL" or "Tyrod is responsible for all offensive failures" go by without it being called out as false.

He is a QB capable of playing winning/playoff football if the rest of the team is solid and well coached. Like Alex Smith can. He can also have the occasional great game when he's unleashed (by coaches or simply unleashing himself -- Seattle game last year I think he balled out [with no WR's vs a great D] because he was aggressive and playing like he did in college). That's not my ideal, but it's also a hell of a lot better than anything we've had in a long time. I am always banging the drum for identifying the next top 10 QB and then trying aggressively to get him.

My thing is, if you bring him back you should theoretically be trying to win and thus the system is a huge problem... if you're playing for next year then let Tyrod go in the off-season and embrace the tank. Don't bring him back then set him up to fail (unintentionally or not) while claiming you want to win but not really making decisions like you are. I wonder what the players are thinking behind closed doors after trading Watkins and fixing a system/unit that wasn't broken

15. Post thanked by:

Kenny (09-21-2017)