Thread: Hurricanes 3 Sabres 2

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,071 Times in 15,284 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hurricanes 3 Sabres 2

I was there last night, just a few random thoughts. Keep in mind they have only been in camp for four days.

Kane, Eichel, Pommer, Moulson and Gorges were notable guys who did not dress.

I've been a big supporter of Reinhart, but he has become a lazy player. Weak passes, losing the puck, sorry I expect more from the 2nd pick in the draft.

Girgensons was perhaps hustling a bit more, but the results are the same. Zero

Risto is strong in front of the net, but his puck handling skills are still pathetic. It was his give-away that the 'Caines took back the other way, for a short handed goal on Lehner.

On the subject of Lehner, played two periods. Let in two soft goals. The Shorthanded one he barely even flinched.

Bailey skated hard, although did not have much production. Evan Rodrigues can't win a faceoff to save his life, and in fact the only one that I saw him win was to the right of Lehner, which he almost drew back into his own net. (Lucky thing Lehnard was awake for that one!)

ROR was his usual self, playing like it was for the cup. He deserves the C imo. Okposo too. In mid-season form.

Guhlie hustled hard all night but was out of place several times. Kinda confused.

McCabe had a couple giveaways, then settled down and actually scored. Wearing #19.

Pu is pretty fast, but didn't touch the puck much.

I know its only the first preseason game but:

The team looked out of shape, and took a couple lazy penalties.

They completely wasted a four minute high sticking penalty. One SOG....two tops. In fact wasted SEVEN power plays. No goals.

Passing was sloppy, but their transition game looks quicker. That will take some time to mesh the two.

Every time I looked at the bench, Housley was taking notes, so that was a good sign. We all know he's a good teacher of young talent, but my question is:

Have some of these guys developed such bad habits that will be impossible to break them of?

If so, you may at some point see them package Reinhart, Girginsons, and some random Amerk for a couple guys that actually wanna play.

Time will tell.

Decent crowd. I'm estimating 10-12 thousand. Can't find the attendance anywhere.

2. Post thanked by:

Mouldsie (09-19-2017),Skooby (09-26-2017),YardRat (09-19-2017)

SpikedLemonade

Re: Hurricanes 3 Sabres 2

Bruins won their first two games against the Habs and Wings.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Bruins won their first two games against the Habs and Wings.
    Whoa !!

SpikedLemonade

Bruins beat the Blackhawks 4-2 to go 4-1 in this pre-season.

The Sabres should get used to the smell of Bruins ass because the Bruins will be above them in the standing all year this year.