Thread: NFL QB News: Marrone & Nassib finally together again, Glennon & Fox in Chicago

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

NFL QB News: Marrone & Nassib finally together again, Glennon & Fox in Chicago

What was predicted years ago finally happened. Nassib signed with the Jaguars.

I was in one of the Chicago airports yesterday & picked up the local paper. The Sun-Times sports writers are all over Fox for not benching Glennon. Some fans around here wanted that bum-he's no better than Tyrod Taylor, possibly worse because he turns the ball over more.

Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom Homegrown's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NFL QB News: Marrone & Nassib finally together again, Glennon & Fox in Chicago

2013 draft....good year for QBs. ...EJ, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon, Matt Barcley, Landry Jones - not too shabby

3. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NFL QB News: Marrone & Nassib finally together again, Glennon & Fox in Chicago

I never saw what people saw in Glennon. I didn't like him dating back to college. Trubisky will be in any time. Or Fox will be out.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,561 Times in 17,445 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Chicago can't put Trubisky in this year, with that team they could ruin him forever
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You can't ruin a good QB. Look at the rookie seasons of Aikman, both Mannings and Elway. All had growing pains & went on to win Super Bowls.

I find it funny that some people around here still think the Bills ruined JP & EJ. Neither was ruined-they were bad picks produced by bad scouting.

Coaches don't make or break QBs, QBs make or break coaches. Just look at Belichick before & after Brady.

7. Post thanked by:

Homegrown (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Homegrown View Post
    2013 draft....good year for QBs. ...EJ, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon, Matt Barcley, Landry Jones - not too shabby
    Most people knew 2013 was not the year to draft a QB. I know very little about college football & I was able to write a post on why it wasn't a good idea to draft a QB that year in January 2013 based on what I read about that QB class. It seems only Nix & Whaley couldn't figure it out since they were the only ones to use a 1st round pick on a QB that year.

Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom Homegrown's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    You can't ruin a good QB. Look at the rookie seasons of Aikman, both Mannings and Elway. All had growing pains & went on to win Super Bowls.

I find it funny that some people around here still think the Bills ruined JP & EJ. Neither was ruined-they were bad picks produced by bad scouting.

Coaches don't make or break QBs, QBs make or break coaches. Just look at Belichick before & after Brady.
    Preach on brother!!