Thread: Dareus challenge

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dareus challenge

Obviously, the direction of the team defense is to attack the ball and get players who are highly motivated, "team" first players. How does a team advance when their highest paid player doesn't fit that direction.

That's what we're looking at in Dareus. He's been an anchor for two seasons and the contact is such that we're stuck. How do you coach around such an obstacle? His lack of effort is noticeable, and it shows up on tape in substitutions. How do you fix that without taking a massive hit on a trade?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Dareus challenge

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Obviously, the direction of the team defense is to attack the ball and get players who are highly motivated, "team" first players. How does a team advance when their highest paid player doesn't fit that direction.

That's what we're looking at in Dareus. He's been an anchor for two seasons and the contact is such that we're stuck. How do you coach around such an obstacle? His lack of effort is noticeable, and it shows up on tape in substitutions. How do you fix that without taking a massive hit on a trade?
    It is only two games and the D has done it's job to win both games. Basically you do start making calls for potential trades but you also see if it's just s couple bad games, it happens, or if it's what he has devolved into

Thanks
    Thanked 5,941 Times in 3,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dareus has become Brock Osweiler- you'd have to pay someone a draft pick to take his contract. That's how far he's underperforming. Fat, lazy and stoned does not an All Pro make

4. Post thanked by:

Skooby (09-19-2017),Thurmal (09-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,900 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I saw the title and thought it was a Dareus fitness challenge.

Flexibility: Tape body parts, contort to get body into under armor layer (30 minutes), further contortion and straining for equipment layer (20 minutes), take a break... onto and on with the pants.

crunching and curling with upward pulling and inhale... now PULL... you are almost there... PULL... Okay PULL and exhale over the buttocks... PULL, PULL, PULL!.. Okay done (40 minutes)

Now get jersey over equipment and lipid layer (this requires warrior pose, downward dog, and fat **** reach for the sky pose. (40 minutes). Now relax.

Aerobics: Trott onto field (5 minutes) Grab assing with teamates (2 minutes) Play 3 downs, hurt ankle and with one leg, hop off field. Don't forget to breathe....

2 hours of limping and stationary bike... Done with workout.

Cool down: Leisurely walk to mailbox and get check.

Registered User Wally The Barber's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 735 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In all fairness he is not 100%

hold on to him till he self distructs
    Beware of Sarcasm

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He is cuttable after this season ....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If the coaching staff cant get out of him what Schwartz got out of him, will it be more of a failure on their part or his? I do think he can get back to being productive but I think maybe he needs a hug more than a kick right now. If I'm Terry Pegula I get him a really good psychologist to start.

9. Post thanked by:

Buddo (09-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's a lazy slob who doesn't need money anymore, he's going through the motions now and it shows.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    He's a lazy slob who doesn't need money anymore, he's going through the motions now and it shows.
    What good is money when your entire family is dead? I think it's deeper than that. Get this man a wife and a child maybe that will help give him some meaning? I'm serious I think he's battling a lot of psychological demons but idk what's being done to help from that standpoint.... maybe he has all the help he wants but isn't taking it? Tragic if so

12. Post thanked by:

Buddo (09-20-2017),The last buffalo fan (09-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,413 Times in 1,995 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    He is cuttable after this season ....
    He's really not. Not when cutting him comes with a $22 mil dead cap hit. Dareus might not be worth his contract, but he's way more valuable being on the team with a $16 mil cap hit then being off the team and carrying a $22 mil cap hit.

Trading him isn't really a good option either because he has so much prorated/guaranteed money that still needs to hit the books. Trading Dareus still comes with a $20 mil dead cap hit.

I was down on Dareus after week 1, but after re-watching the Jets game and the Panthers game, I think he is actually playing hard and looks pretty good when he's on the field. He's never going to justify his salary, but he's not playing poorly. And he's probably not going anywhere for at least a couple more years.

He also seems to be drawing a lot of attention and getting doubled a lot.
    Last edited by Ed; 09-19-2017 at 01:40 PM.

14. Post thanked by:

Mouldsie (09-19-2017),The last buffalo fan (09-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I really don't think he's played that poorly. He's done his job pretty well as far as I can tell this season.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

16. Post thanked by:

Pinkerton Security (09-19-2017),The last buffalo fan (09-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I really don't think he's played that poorly. He's done his job pretty well as far as I can tell this season.
    He's the new whipping boy around here...........these guys are out for blood.......Marcell's blood!
    You can call me streetkings