Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steven Hauschka making headlines, speaking out about racial inequalities.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Steven Hauschka making headlines, speaking out about racial inequalities.

I saw this headline and immediately thought "uh-oh, now what?"

Fortunately he speaks well for himself. Especially that last paragraph. We should all feel that way.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uality-exists/

“So that’s where it comes from: a place of love and caring and wanting to see the world a better place,” Haushcka said. “I don’t have all the answers, I don’t even pretend to. But I am open to talking about it and I am open to learning about it with the hopes that one day, either our generation or future generations, can improve racial inequality and how people are treated around the world.”

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Steven Hauschka making headlines, speaking out about racial inequalities.

STFU, you worthless a-hole.

You kick an inflated, leather clad rubber bladder for a living.

Your opinion holds no more value than that of a six-year old child.

You are paid exponentially more than 99% of the people in this country, who work our asses off every day and who form opinions about given individuals on a case-by-case basis, based on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.

Spare us the lecture you self-important gas bag.

Shut up and kick the ball.

3. Post thanked by:

alohabillsfan (09-23-2017),BillsImpossible (09-22-2017),kgun12 (09-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well that's one way to put it.
    You do have a way with words Wagoncircler.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post

You are paid exponentially more than 99% of the people in this country, who work our asses off every day and who form opinions about given individuals on a case-by-case basis, based on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.

51oh8i2jcsL._SX411_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

6. Post thanked by:

ckg927 (09-23-2017),Dr. Lecter (09-22-2017),jimmifli (09-22-2017),kingJofNYC (09-22-2017),Lucidvizion (09-23-2017),Mouldsie (09-22-2017),OpIv37 (09-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's one of the main reasons I watch the NFL...to hear about what the players think about racial inequality. Before now, I thought they were all for it...except for the white guys of course.

8. Post thanked by:

alohabillsfan (09-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If there were really that much inequality the NFL would still be like it was around the time of Pollard and Marshall and Negro Leagues would be kept separate.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post

He's paid what he's worth, no?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who really cares what he thinks - just kick the ball!

12. Post thanked by:

alohabillsfan (09-23-2017),kgun12 (09-23-2017)

Registered User Wally The Barber's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 735 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So we now take advice on world affairs from an NFL punter??

great source, very reliable
    Beware of Sarcasm

14. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (09-22-2017),kgun12 (09-23-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    That's one of the main reasons I watch the NFL...to hear about what the players think about racial inequality. Before now, I thought they were all for it...except for the white guys of course.
    LOL. Somebody ASKED him about this. ASKED him. Any idiot that lashes out at what he said is, well, an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wally The Barber View Post
    So we now take advice on world affairs from an NFL punter??

great source, very reliable
    He's the kicker. And the source was the Buffalo News. You're an idiot too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think a lot of white people don’t understand it and are afraid to be involved,” Hauschka said, via Kimberley Martin of the Buffalo News. “And I think it’s important for white people to see there is inequality everywhere in the country right now, and in the world.”

Just your typical white-guilt ridden response from someone uniformed about statistics and brainwashed by overly vocal self-interest groups. This whole argument is stems from police shootings of unarmed men, correct? Show me one statistic that shows that black men are being specifically targeted in far greater numbers by police. As of today, only 22% of the 721 people killed by police this year are black. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...hootings-2017/.

But this doesn't feed the race war narrative that the news media needs to survive, so people make up nonsense about systemic racism, like there are actually laws on the books that were put there to target non-whites. Fact of the matter is, police shootings of unarmed suspects are extremely rare, but get magnified by a left-leaning media in order to pander to demographic voting blocks.
    Last edited by Thurmal; 09-22-2017 at 06:47 PM.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

18. Post thanked by:

alohabillsfan (09-23-2017),Arm of Harm (09-24-2017),BillsImpossible (09-22-2017),DynaPaul (09-24-2017),kgun12 (09-23-2017),kishoph (09-23-2017),kscdogbillsfan1221 (09-22-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal View Post
    I think a lot of white people don’t understand it and are afraid to be involved,” Hauschka said, via Kimberley Martin of the Buffalo News. “And I think it’s important for white people to see there is inequality everywhere in the country right now, and in the world.”

Just your typical white-guilt ridden response from someone uniformed about statistics and brainwashed by overly vocal self-interest groups. This whole argument is stems from police shootings of unarmed men, correct? Show me one statistic that shows that black men are being specifically targeted in far greater numbers by police. As of today, only 22% of the 721 people killed by police this year are black. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...hootings-2017/.

But this doesn't feed the race war narrative that the news media needs to survive, so people make up nonsense about systemic racism, like there were actually laws on the books that were put there to target non-whites. Fact of the matter is, police shootings of unarmed suspects are extremely rare, but get magnified by a left-leaning media in order to pander to demographic voting blocks.
    No. They do it because it is tragic and 100% wrong 100% of the time. And, btw, FOX reports every single one. So stop blaming everything you don't like on the left. It shows you have a problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,524 Times in 17,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So now he's going to get cut and black-balled like Kaepernick because the owners and league don't want the players getting uppity and making a political statement. Right? Right??
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    No. They do it because it is tragic and 100% wrong 100% of the time. And, btw, FOX reports every single one. So stop blaming everything you don't like on the left. It shows you have a problem.
    Wrong -- they do it to stoke racial tension. Tell about the last time an unarmed white man was killed by the police and it became a year-long news story. No rush, I'll wait; you're going have to do some serious Googling.

22. Post thanked by:

alohabillsfan (09-23-2017),BillsImpossible (09-22-2017),kgun12 (09-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    So now he's going to get cut and black-balled like Kaepernick because the owners and league don't want the players getting uppity and making a political statement. Right? Right??
    If he kneels during the anthem and becomes the face of a movement, yes.

24. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (09-23-2017)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,897 Times in 2,081 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldsie View Post
    If he kneels during the anthem and becomes the face of a movement, yes.
    look. if Kaepernick was Tom Brady and didn't suck at his job and lose his job to Blaine ****ing Gabbert we wouldn't be talking about him getting 'blackballed.'

when it comes down to it, if you can play. you'll play
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

26. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (09-22-2017),Thurmal (09-22-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    look. if Kaepernick was Tom Brady and didn't suck at his job and lose his job to Blaine ****ing Gabbert we wouldn't be talking about him getting 'blackballed.'

when it comes down to it, if you can play. you'll play
    Yup. This is a concept people are willfully ignoring in regards to Kaepernick. As long as your talent outweighs your baggage, you will be viable in sports or any job, really. The minute that pendulum swings the other way, you're in trouble.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I saw this headline and immediately thought "uh-oh, now what?"

Fortunately he speaks well for himself. Especially that last paragraph. We should all feel that way.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uality-exists/
    You're a liberal pussy. Punch yourself in the face. Thanks in advance for doing so.

29. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (09-22-2017),kgun12 (09-23-2017),Thurmal (09-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's nice Stephen. Now please stop giving me reason to be nervous every time you line up for a kick.

31. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (09-23-2017),BillsImpossible (09-22-2017),Thurmal (09-23-2017),YardRat (09-23-2017)