Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Pegula's Blew A Huge Opportunity To Make The Buffalo Bills, "America's Team"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Pegula's Blew A Huge Opportunity To Make The Buffalo Bills, "America's Team"

The Buffalo Bills are the only team in the NFL that wear the Red, White and Blue colors so prominent as the US Flag.

The Patriots and Giants don the Colors in minimal fashion, but they're nothing like the Buffalo Bills true Red, White and Blue.

What could have been....

Instead of taking a stand with a powerful and heavy pair of balls, the Pegula's took a weak knee and bowed down to the NFL's politically correct altar.

Jerry Jones recently said that any Cowboy that takes a knee on Sunday during the National Anthem will not play.

If he stays true to his word, I'm going to become a fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

No other owner in the NFL has had the balls to stand up for what's right. That is smart business.

Jerry Jones is listening to his customers, the NFL is not.

If Terry Pegula said, "We are America's team, our Buffalo Bills wear the Red, White and Blue proudly, and any player that takes a knee during the National Anthem will be replaced by a player with more heart and respect for our country," the Buffalo Bills would be America's Team right now and this forum would have a hell of a lot more viewers than it currently has.

In previous years I've noticed a slight drop off in viewers during the bye week, but less than 100 viewers with a 3-2 team that could be 5-0 if Zay Jones caught a pass and Kyle Williams didn't get penalized for defensive holding on 3rd down?

Unheard of.

Terry and Kim Pegula f'd up, royally.

Never in my life have I been so disappointed to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills.

I love the NFL, but the NFL can give a hoot about me, my friends, and my family that has loyally supported the league for so long.

The Pegula's made a calculated moove that followed 30 other franchise cows off a cliff.
    Last edited by BillsImpossible; 10-13-2017 at 09:25 PM.

2. Post thanked by:

Kenny (10-14-2017),kgun12 (10-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Pegula's Blew A Huge Opportunity To Make The Buffalo Bills, "America's Team"

I've never been so disappointed reading a post by a Bills fan as the one above in all my life .

4. Post thanked by:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

BertSquirtgum (10-13-2017),ckg927 (10-15-2017),Generalissimus Gibby (10-13-2017),JJamezz (10-14-2017),jlgarsh (10-14-2017),OpIv37 (10-14-2017),ParanoidAndroid (10-14-2017),sdbillsfan2 (10-14-2017),streetkings01 (10-15-2017),swiper (10-14-2017),toto8 (10-17-2017)

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Pegula's Blew A Huge Opportunity To Make The Buffalo Bills, "America's Team"

Who gives a flying ****? When you became a marine you took an oath to defend the constitution. You might wanna read that first amendment. Turns out, you served to defend their right to protest. You don't have to agree with what, why, or how they are protesting but it is their constitutional right. As for promoting the team, well there the key is not we are Mercuh's team, no it will be so much better for the brand if it stays in every game, wins most of them, the team makes the playoffs, and the players stay clean, then trust me they will have no need for paid for nationalism

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    I've never been so disappointed reading a post by a Bills fan as the one above in all my life .
    Don't read a lot of the spin zone threads do ya?

6. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (10-17-2017),jlgarsh (10-14-2017),swiper (10-14-2017)

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would love to see more than a few Cowboys call JJ on his bluff.

8. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (10-17-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,391 Times in 3,863 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    The Buffalo Bills are the only team in the NFL that wear the Red, White and Blue colors so prominent as the US Flag.

The Patriots and Giants don the Colors in minimal fashion, but they're nothing like the Buffalo Bills true Red, White and Blue.

What could have been....

Instead of taking a stand with a powerful and heavy pair of balls, the Pegula's took a weak knee and bowed down to the NFL's politically correct altar.

Jerry Jones recently said that any Cowboy that takes a knee on Sunday during the National Anthem will not play.

If he stays true to his word, I'm going to become a fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

No other owner in the NFL has had the balls to stand up for what's right. That is smart business.

Jerry Jones is listening to his customers, the NFL is not.

If Terry Pegula said, "We are America's team, our Buffalo Bills wear the Red, White and Blue proudly, and any player that takes a knee during the National Anthem will be replaced by a player with more heart and respect for our country," the Buffalo Bills would be America's Team right now and this forum would have a hell of a lot more viewers than it currently has.

In previous years I've noticed a slight drop off in viewers during the bye week, but less than 100 viewers with a 3-2 team that could be 5-0 if Zay Jones caught a pass and Kyle Williams didn't get penalized for defensive holding on 3rd down?

Unheard of.

Terry and Kim Pegula f'd up, royally.

Never in my life have I been so disappointed to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills.

I love the NFL, but the NFL can give a hoot about me, my friends, and my family that has loyally supported the league for so long.

The Pegula's made a calculated moove that followed 30 other franchise cows off a cliff.
    Russ Brandon says boner jamz.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I haven’t been watching all the extra games I used too because I’d rather not be forced to be subjected to social opinions. If I wanted other people’s opinions I’d star in a movie, probably names IPutz. It’s about a robot that just simply is a putz all the time, think MST3000 without the humor. Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about.
    Last edited by Skooby; 10-14-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Those players are going to sue Jerry Jones because they have a Constitutional right to do what they want with regards to kneeling. Jones cannot force them to stand. It's in the Constitution.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Those players are going to sue Jerry Jones because they have a Constitutional right to do what they want with regards to kneeling. Jones cannot force them to stand. It's in the Constitution.
    You forget these players are employees of the team. Employers have the right to tell an employee how to dress and how to conduct themselves on the job. You have the right to tell someone to "go to hell" on the jobsite. Your employer has the right to discipline or fire you for those actions.

13. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-14-2017),Thurmal (10-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 3,513 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think Jerry Jones is going to come under a lot of fire if one of his players kneels and then gets benched. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, players are citizens who have rights protected by the first amendment. A rich white guy cant override that.

15. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (10-14-2017),jlgarsh (10-14-2017),OpIv37 (10-14-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    I think Jerry Jones is going to come under a lot of fire if one of his players kneels and then gets benched. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, players are citizens who have rights protected by the first amendment. A rich white guy cant override that.
    I'm I the only one, with a job, on this board? Go to work on Monday and do your job from the kneeling position and when your boss says something to you, tell him it's your constitutional right. Donald Trump can't do anything about players kneeling, other then run his mouth, because the players have a constitutional right to do it, but, Jones (as their employer) can.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    I would love to see more than a few Cowboys call JJ on his bluff.
    Jerry Jones has a great reputation with his players. Look at how far he went to defend Elliot. I'd be surprised if any player went against him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Russ Brandon says boner jamz.
    Russ Brandon is banned from Boner Jamz. It was coined at the Range during a continued debate during the summer before SJ13's 3rd season. I was pro Stevie, OF Rockets and WagonCircler were trying to flame me for having Boner Jamz for Stevie. SpikedLemonade was a crucial member of said discussion by trolling with an epic series of laughable, yet relevant pictures/images mocking the entire thing.

Stevie blew up his 3rd season , the Boner Jamz were thoroughly raised throughout Bills Nation by the point.

Russ Brandon is a **** sucker who is serving a life time ban from Boner Jamz Nation.

19. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (10-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,391 Times in 3,863 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Beef View Post
    Russ Brandon is banned from Boner Jamz. It was coined at the Range during a continued debate during the summer before SJ13's 3rd season. I was pro Stevie, OF Rockets and WagonCircler were trying to flame me for having Boner Jamz for Stevie. SpikedLemonade was a crucial member of said discussion by trolling with an epic series of laughable, yet relevant pictures/images mocking the entire thing.

Stevie blew up his 3rd season , the Boner Jamz were thoroughly raised throughout Bills Nation by the point.

Russ Brandon is a **** sucker who is serving a life time ban from Boner Jamz Nation.
    Thanks for the recount.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,100 Times in 3,579 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The NFL went along with the PC crap until they (finally) realized it was hurting their bottom line. They have Trump to thank for taking the role of the jerk and letting them know why their ratings and attendance were down and how to fix it. If the players know what's good for them, they'll go back to standing for the Anthem andd start protesting real issues facing their people, on their own time.

22. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think you thought this one through.

I don't see anything that says the benched players won't get payed, if they don't play. Am I missing something? There would be no breach of contract. Any team can bench any player for any reason they want. There is nothing unconstitutional about that.

They can kneel if they want. They just won't play, if this story to be believed. There are no constitutional rights being violated unless there is a breach of contact...I don't see one here.

If they get payed, there is no legal issue whatsoever.

We'll see who wants to push the issue...but for some players, it might be career suicide if Jones follows through and they won't give. Nobody is forcing them to stand...only perfectly constitutional consequences for them if they don't.
    Last edited by feldspar; 10-14-2017 at 09:27 AM.

24. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-14-2017),YardRat (10-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sudzy View Post
    You forget these players are employees of the team. Employers have the right to tell an employee how to dress and how to conduct themselves on the job. You have the right to tell someone to "go to hell" on the jobsite. Your employer has the right to discipline or fire you for those actions.
    There are limit to that. You cannot tell a person how to walk, talk, breath. So you forget the limits to an employer's right to tell a person what to do. Kneeling or not kneeling for a song is not within the right of the employer to moderate.

The owner has the right to bench or fire whoever he wants. No argument there. But if Dak Prescott starts kneeling guess who's going to win that one. Not Jerry Jones.
    Last edited by swiper; 10-14-2017 at 09:35 AM.

26. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (10-14-2017),Generalissimus Gibby (10-14-2017),jlgarsh (10-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

But if Dak Prescott starts kneeling guess who's going to win that one.
    Nobody

28. Post thanked by:

YardRat (10-14-2017)

Registered User Wally The Barber's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 735 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Pegulas are too busy Fracking, please don't wake them up
    Beware of Sarcasm

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    The NFL went along with the PC crap until they (finally) realized it was hurting their bottom line. They have Trump to thank for taking the role of the jerk and letting them know why their ratings and attendance were down and how to fix it. If the players know what's good for them, they'll go back to standing for the Anthem andd start protesting real issues facing their people, on their own time.
    Wow, this post exceeds the insanity and stupidity of the original. The league is not hurting because of the player protests, which are themselves suggest. The league is hurting because of billion dollar stadiums they are forcing taxpayers to pay for, long and excessive commercial breaks, boring and predictable games, ticket prices that are out of the range of most fans, oversaturation of the product, and overpaid players who don't care about the game. Then there is the head trauma thing, the rapes and crime the players commit, and also the tv deal, why go to the stadium when you can watch the game on your sixty inch tv in your climate controlled living room. There is also Brady gate and the moving of iconic teams like the Raiders (yeah that dumped a lot of **** on a fiercely loyal fanbase. If the league wanted to move a team to LA it should have been the Raiders). I would also suggest that fantasy football has killed overall interest in the game because who wants to watch the entire game of one or two teams when you can just check in on the stat lines of your cellphone Sunday evening or Monday morning on your cellphone. Speaking of cellphones, I am personally miffed because last year I was able to listen to Bills games announced by Coach C, Murphy, and co for free on the Buffalo Bills app, but now I have to pay for the privilige and honestly its not worth it. Speaking of paying, there is overpriced apparel and insanely priced jerseys for players who might noy not even be on the team next year. So yeah, the flag thing - an entirely manufactured controvery - might be making a dent in ratings but it's alas only a small part of a much bigger problem the NFL has.

Moving on, if they know what's good for them? Well, they do. See, they are young and come from impoverished background and may personally know people affected by the issues that they are protesting.

Real issues? Uh, you do know they are not protesting the flag, the anthem, soldiers, puppies, grandma and apple pie don't you? No, their issues are police brutality and a system that generally sees blacks treated as second class citizens. They are raising awareness of these concerns and hoping for a national dialogue. Just because you do not understand or agree with an issue does not mean it's not a real issue.

Their people? I thought they were Americans like you or me. I mean sure Christian Okoye, Steve Christie, Jan Stenerud, Morten Andersen and others came from other countries but these players are Americans so I don't understand the their people remark.

31. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (10-17-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wrong.

The First Amendment is completely irrelevant here. The First Amendment constraints the behavior of the government. Jerry Jones is not part of the government, and his behavior is not constrained by the First Amendment.

To take another example: the NFL and the networks removed Hank Williams' Monday Night Football song, after Williams (inaccurately) compared Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler. Hank Williams (to my knowledge) made this comparison on his own time. (As opposed to the players, who make their protests while wearing their employers' uniforms, while on the clock, at games televised on behalf of their employers.) Williams' song was removed, and none of his constitutional rights were violated.

Do the NFL and the television networks have the right to censor Williams' anti-Obama (anti-Hitler?) commentary, and to censor the players who'd wanted to show their support for police slain in the line of duty? Yes. Do the NFL and the networks also have the right to not exercise their censorship rights when it comes to players protesting during the national anthem? Also yes. But we as consumers also have rights. The right to act in ways which don't put money into the pockets of the NFL. The right to "cut the cord," so as to avoid putting money into the pockets of television networks or their advertisers.

33. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-15-2017)