• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

The All Buffalo Bills drought team: TE

Here's what our lineup is looking like 1 week in.

QB: Bledsoe
    CB: Winfield, Clements
    S: Byrd
    LB: Spikes and Fletcher

Today let's look back to the offense and TE.
    Jay Riemersma - '97-02'
    0%
    Mark Campbell - '03-05'
    0%
    Robert Royal - '06-08'
    0%
    Scott Chandler - '10-14'
    0%
    Charles Clay - '15-'
    0%
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: The All Buffalo Bills drought team: TE

Just a question dude, why are you including guys that were on a Bills' playoff team?

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
      Just a question dude, why are you including guys that were on a Bills' playoff team?
      Kind of a case by case really what the guys known for. When they played the brunt of the career what part they were most successful.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

This one is tough for me because I loved Jay and Scott. I loathed Royal.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

The defense is going to suck stopping the run up the middle with Fletcher and Byrd, so we better have a TE that can help score a lot of points.

That would be Scott Chandler, and it's not even close.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

The only memory I have of Mark Campbell is that he seemed to get annihilated every time he caught a pass.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Wow what a sorry bunch.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mouldsie
                • Aug 2012

We'll stop the run don't you worry Yardie. Kyle Williams and Pat Williams will make sure of it

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                  The only memory I have of Mark Campbell is that he seemed to get annihilated every time he caught a pass.
                  I seem to remember Reimersma tripping over his own two feet. He'd make a great catch but would stumble trying to turn upfield every time. And he'd either fall on his own or the hesitation would be enough for the D to catch him.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bleve
                    • Mar 2005

Give me something to work with here. No Derek Fine, or Joe Klopfenstein?
                    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                    ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Kenny
                      • Aug 2004

lol... just looked at the list. Even with this being the 'dought' years, this was a sorry bunch of players. If there was ever a position we were weak at, it would be this.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

yup. This series is quite eye opening

the QB and TE positions and our absolute dearth of talent at these particular positions in the last 17 years is a microcosm if this teams ineptitude in this period of time.
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          I seem to remember Reimersma tripping over his own two feet. He'd make a great catch but would stumble trying to turn upfield every time. And he'd either fall on his own or the hesitation would be enough for the D to catch him.
                          So did Chandler.
                          It was all

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bleve View Post
                            Give me something to work with here. No Derek Fine, or Joe Klopfenstein?
                            I also left off Tim Euhus, Shawn Nelson and Derek Stupar.
                            It was all

Comment

• The King
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                              yup. This series is quite eye opening

the QB and TE positions and our absolute dearth of talent at these particular positions in the last 17 years is a microcosm if this teams ineptitude in this period of time.
                              Thanks. There's a reason why I am digging up names that I know wont win or get votes, it's a reminder of the "process".
                              It was all

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍