Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If the Bills' offense isn't working after two weeks to fix it, what should happen?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: If the Bills' offense isn't working after two weeks to fix it, what should happen

Several times last game I watched 4 receivers trot down the field in a straight line. Now I don't know who the **** is to blame for that, but fire that bunch.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: If the Bills' offense isn't working after two weeks to fix it, what should happen

So you guys think Dennison's O would be fine behind any other QB?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1220 View Post
    So you guys think Dennison's O would be fine behind any other QB?
    Probably not the o-line, I prefer when they're in front of my QBs

Thanks
    Thanked 5,842 Times in 3,495 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by blackonyx89 View Post
    Do you fire the coordinator, start Peterman to get his feet wet or make a major roster move?
    The biggest issue is that Dennison is NOT adapting the scheme to the players he has. Our run game was #1 two years straight with a different style yet the majority of those players are still on the roster and what we’re doing is not working. If we don’t adapt over the next game or two, I’ll put the blame on our OC before Tyrod.

5. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (10-18-2017),kgun12 (10-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Install more read-option.

Use Taylor's strength and enhance McCoy at the same time.

7. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (10-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,869 Times in 1,159 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    The biggest issue is that Dennison is NOT adapting the scheme to the players he has. Our run game was #1 two years straight with a different style yet the majority of those players are still on the roster and what we’re doing is not working. If we don’t adapt over the next game or two, I’ll put the blame on our OC before Tyrod.
    Don't go muddying the water with facts, spoils the whole thread!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

9. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (10-18-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post

I think a lot of Bills fans underappreciated the value of Greg Roman, and of Roman's scheme.

When under Roman rule, Colin Kaepernick was widely considered a franchise QB. The 49ers made it to the Super Bowl, and were a good SS away from actually winning it. After Roman left, Kaepernick entered into a QB competition with Blaine Gabbert (of all people). I felt that Gabbert outplayed Kaepernick in the first year of that competition, and Kaepernick did better than Gabbert in the second year. Now, Kapernick is a guy who can't find a job, even as a third string QB.

Back then, Roman was underappreciated as well. People complained that Roman was holding Kaepernick back. They blamed Kaepernick's weaknesses and shortcomings on Roman, and felt Kaepernick could truly reach his potential if he had a different offensive coordinator. You don't hear much of those complaints, anymore.

For two years, Roman's offensive scheme masked Tyrod's weaknesses every bit as effectively as it had masked Kaepernick's. As had also happened in San Francisco, people underestimated Roman and overestimated his quarterback. So now, we have an offensive coordinator who isn't using Roman's scheme. Who isn't doing the things with the running game Roman did. Who isn't an expert at using a QB's mobility to mask his weaknesses as a pocket passer, as Roman had been. And there are those here calling for the replacement of the offensive coordinator!

If McDermott wants to replace Dennison, fine. I'll trust his judgement. But he absolutely should not replace Dennison with the thought of making Tyrod better. It would be absurd to allow a guy we know isn't the long-term answer at QB to become a coach killer.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    We can still win games when the offense 'isn't working', obviously. If they are 5-2, or even 4-3, is there a reason for anything major to be done?
    1) Define major
    2) Possibly, after all this team has started out with a fairly decent record during this drought only to wilt away and die several times during this drought. Good teams make adjustments as needed and look at not only what they did right but where they ****ed up to incorporate said adjustments. Then in December 5-2 or 4-3 is 10-4 or 8-6 and a win or two more and you are in.
    3 or 5) Tyrod has in the past not been the reason we have flubbed, and has in the past given the numbers to put wins on the table much like the D this year. So, I think both a mix of more practice for TT and an adjustment of coaching strategy to bring out the best in his game is what is needed and that could be major. Subtle perhaps, but major.