Thread: A very unbuffalolike win!

My IQ Test results came back negative BillsOwnAll's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A very unbuffalolike win!

I think it's safe to say everyone saw how that one was going end.

No one thought we'd score, then everyone's first thought was " they still have time"

It felt nice to be in the good end of a tough game like that.

I think one thing in the last 17 years was "we didn't know how to win" this team seems to think they are going to win. If you look at good teams around the league they don't just blow everyone out, they win some games like this today, and it's always the same teams on the winning side and losing side of these types of games. Maybe just maybe we are starting to be on the good side of that equation.

Go falcons

2. Post thanked by:

alohabillsfan (10-22-2017),Novacane (10-22-2017),The last buffalo fan (10-23-2017),YardRat (10-22-2017)

Registered User Scumbag College's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 698 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: A very unbuffalolike win!

I was really expecting Tampon to drive down the field and kick a FG to win when they got the ball back with 2:30ish left tied at 27. The play that White made was pretty special with the strip and recovery and the 3rd and 9 play by Taiwan was imaginative and all but sealed the game. It's a breath of fresh air to watch this team, especially the last three wins when they didn't play or coach "perfect" games and still find a way to come together and pull it out at the end.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

4. Post thanked by:

alohabillsfan (10-22-2017),Novacane (10-22-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They looked great under the pressure at the end! Something is much different!!

6. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,394 Times in 7,277 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would of bet anything it was over at 27-20. It's good being wrong.

8. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,300 Times in 13,730 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
    I think it's safe to say everyone saw how that one was going end.

No one thought we'd score, then everyone's first thought was " they still have time"

It felt nice to be in the good end of a tough game like that.

I think one thing in the last 17 years was "we didn't know how to win" this team seems to think they are going to win. If you look at good teams around the league they don't just blow everyone out, they win some games like this today, and it's always the same teams on the winning side and losing side of these types of games. Maybe just maybe we are starting to be on the good side of that equation.

Go falcons
    I did not love this win. There is a lot to complain about.

That being said, there were at least two points where I said "this is like a rerun of the Simpsons- I've seen this episode before and I know how it ends." The Bills have proven time and time again that they don't know how to win.

There have been many, many times in the history of this website where I said I'd be happy to be wrong, but I was right. Fortunately, that didn't happen today. I was wrong. It wasn't a rerun. The team showed the ability to do something they haven't done in the past: close out a game that was uncomfortably close. It was ugly in a lot of ways but there are no style points in the NFL. Grinding out a 3 point win counts the same as a 50 point blowout. So, I'll take it. And I like it, because with the way this team is built and the parity in the league, grinding out 3 point wins is a lot more common than blowouts.

4-2. Go Falcons and bring on the next one.

10. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-23-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was at the game. Amazing number left when Tampa went up 27-20. Others planning to leave at 2 minute warning. Lots of others have same basic expectations. Great to see them defied.