Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players looking for new ways to disrespect the ceremonies

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Players looking for new ways to disrespect the ceremonies

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal View Post
    It's actually far higher than that, and it's all not b/c of a racist judicial system, despite what idealists like yourself like to think. Here's an actual FBI stat on killings between police officers and black people:

"Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.

Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population."

http://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-tha...ack-homicides/
    LOL @ NY Post. You think just because you read it on the internet it is true? Here you go. Sobering:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...oung-black-men

Despite making up only 2% of the total US population, African American males between the ages of 15 and 34 comprised more than 15% of all deaths logged this year by an ongoing investigation into the use of deadly force by police. Their rate of police-involved deaths was five times higher than for white men of the same age.

Paired with official government mortality data, this new finding indicates that about one in every 65 deaths of a young African American man in the US is a killing by police.

“This epidemic is disproportionately affecting black people,” said Brittany Packnett, an activist and member of the White House taskforce on policing. “We are wasting so many promising young lives by continuing to allow this to happen.”

Thanks
    Thanked 5,330 Times in 3,811 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    We have millionaires complaining to billionaires, so do they want everyone to tune out the games ?? One ups-man ship for who can be the biggest douche team next week is hitting a new high. Maybe we can have Best disrespect of the flag awards or best way to ruin a paying customers day besides losing award. These spoiled-brats don’t get that we as fans don’t pay to watch their protests, we watch to escape our problems. They want to dump their problems on us, money not being their problem.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...mcnair-comment
    Why do you want to keep this story going?

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let's allow them to incorporate their disrespect into the new touchdown celebrations and really have some fun.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    Oh, well, since there's also twice as many white people in the country as black people I guess that's a totally fair ratio.

.....wait.
    Explain the murder rate when comparing white/black suspects with your brilliant stats.

Here’s the inconvenient truth....black males are much more likely to be involved in violent crime than a white male.

Much, MUCH more.
    Last edited by Pennywise; 10-31-2017 at 06:08 PM.

5. Post thanked by:

Thurmal (10-31-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Someone should totally score and do trumps hand motions when he talks, then another player should fake arrest him

Thatd be hilarious

Or bring a make America great again hat, put it on the field, then put the football on top of it. **** the penalty and fine
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal View Post

Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population."

http://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-tha...ack-homicides/
    Yeah, but, people like IC, don't care about cops and their families. It doesn't fit into their agenda.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sudzy View Post
    Yeah, but, people like IC, don't care about cops and their families. It doesn't fit into their agenda.
    Let's just kill all the blacks to suit yours.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Let's just kill all the blacks to suit yours.
    Wow. Talk about going to extremes. So caring about our boys in blue, that are trying to do a good job, getting killed in the line of duty= "kill all the blacks"? Daryl Pierson was a Rochester police officer that was chasing a fleeing black man,Thomas Johnson III. Pierson didn't use his gun. but, Johnson did. Do we care about about Pierson? Or the two young kids he left behind? Of course not. He was a member of the EVIL police so he deserved to die. And he two kids were born "white privileged" so we don't care about them either.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sudzy View Post
    Wow. Talk about going to extremes. So caring about our boys in blue, that are trying to do a good job, getting killed in the line of duty= "kill all the blacks"? Daryl Pierson was a Rochester police officer that was chasing a fleeing black man,Thomas Johnson III. Pierson didn't use his gun. but, Johnson did. Do we care about about Pierson? Or the two young kids he left behind? Of course not. He was a member of the EVIL police so he deserved to die. And he two kids were born "white privileged" so we don't care about them either.
    My post was an absurd extreme to call out the absurd extreme you posted. That's all. You can not like ICRokets (I don't much myself), but let's not get out of hand.

"We" should care about all people that die in these skirmishes. How about we melt all the firearms unless person can prove he's actually using it to hunt legally?

See, I don't give a rat's @$$ about the NRA. And I'm smart enough to know that the average person does NOT need a pistol in the nightstand for "protection." That is the stupidest idea floating around this country. NYC still sees problems with people running guns from from the southern states. Until Georgia has stricter firearm laws NY State will suffer. We need stricter federal laws. And it's not that difficult to do.
    Last edited by swiper; 11-05-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I've never owned a firearm and I never will. So I don't disagree with your rant about the average person and guns. But, that really not what we've been talking about, is it? We are talking about cops and guns (which I can't see anyway around, right now) and the targeting of blacks (which I don't believe is happening). BLM is quick to point out that African Americans only make up 12% of the population, but, 26% of the people killed by the police. But, when you factor in the blacks are responsible for 28% of all crimes, around 40% of a violent crimes and half of all homicides. The number of blacks killed by the police doesn't look out of proportion. Now IC points out a few examples of blacks that didn't deserve to be killed. My question is are there any examples of white people (which makes up half of the people killed by the police) that were similar situations? We don't know, because the media never reports on that. That's not the HOT TOPIC. Now, law enforcement is like every other job. Some people are at it and some people aren't. As shown by Daryl Pierson, they are in "life and death" situations. My thoughts are the people who's lives are unjustly taken by the police has more to do with cops that are not prepared to be in that situation, then racism. What do we do about this? Well, what's going on right now, is not helping us get police officers who are more qualified. Why would anyone want to be a cop now? Life and death and hated by a large group of Americans. And as far as my response to IC being an "absurd extreme"? I haven't seen him deny it. I think there is some people in this movement, that don't care about the lives of law enforcement or what they face day in and day out.