Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Jerry Jones vs Roger Goodell

Who wins?

Whose side are the Pegula's on?

Who are you rooting for?

I feel dirty, but **** Roger Goodell...you go, Jerry.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jerry Jones vs Roger Goodell

I think within 2 years the owners oust him. The league is crumbling on almost every level.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Jones is looking for the spotlight, nothing more and nothing less.

I have no desire to entertain his need to have his ego stroked.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Homegrown
        Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
        • Jul 2008

who cares? ...its just a Pissing match ... greed vs greed

JJ is a 75 year old billionare looking for more $'s to take to his grave
        Roger is a 58 year old guy making more $'s per year than the highest paid player

this is not a disagreement about who has the best interest of game - its all about the $'s

if Jerry wins, so what? ... it Roger stays, so what?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Goddell is a moron who is ruining football.

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

I do not think Jerry Jones has any grounds to sue if and when Goodell gets his extension.

Sue for what?
            Last edited by feldspar; 11-10-2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• sudzy
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Who wins?

Whose side are the Pegula's on?

Who are you rooting for?

I feel dirty, but **** Roger Goodell...you go, Jerry.
              1) Probably Goodell
              2) which ever side Robert Kraft tells him to be on.
              3)Jones

Whatever it takes to get Goodell out. Even if it means rooting for Jerry Jones.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Just figure out who is responsible for the Chargers moving into an indifferent market and playing in a small soccer stadium.

What a colossal disaster.

Fire that person.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Buddo
                  • Mar 2007

Goodall is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't, both in respect of the concussions issues, and with personal conduct stuff, like domestic abuse.

Jones is not going to come out of this particularly well, especially if he keeps on with his idea that he's the 'senior pro', in effect. It's an obvious power play by Jones, and I doubt other long standing NFL owners, are going to let him get away with it - even if they themselves aren't too keen on Goodall.

While not a great fan of Goodall, there are other 'interested parties', who don't help things much either, notably the owners themselves, and the NFLPA. Either group of which are perfectly capable of trying to throw a spanner into the works at the drop of a hat.

Comment

• Turf
                    • Jul 2002

Lets look at Goodells Failures.

Thursday Night Football - not defendable
                    London Games - Sometimes aren't on TV and nobody cares and the players hate them and no one watches them. Team loses home team game as well.
                    Poor TV ratings.
                    See the Chargers home stadium.
                    Boring unwatchable games, which contributes to the youth losing interest. Poor TV coverage.
                    TV revenues are going to take a hit and I predict salary caps will go down, at which time the fall guy will be Roger, and why at that point should he care, he's a multi millionaire anyways.
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                      Lets look at Goodells Failures.

Thursday Night Football - not defendable
                      London Games - Sometimes aren't on TV and nobody cares and the players hate them and no one watches them. Team loses home team game as well.
                      Poor TV ratings.
                      See the Chargers home stadium.
                      Boring unwatchable games, which contributes to the youth losing interest. Poor TV coverage.
                      TV revenues are going to take a hit and I predict salary caps will go down, at which time the fall guy will be Roger, and why at that point should he care, he's a multi millionaire anyways.
                      Don't forget:

The whole concussion mess, if the NFL really cared all players would be required to wear mouth guards and the helmet wouldn't be the weapon it is, false sense of security. Rather than protect it causes more head neck and back injuries.
                      Backing the players taking a knee
                      Blackmailing state on how the should vote or loose the Super Bowl,, screw Goodell an A one loser, destroyer of the NFL
                      Retired Air Traffic Controller
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

I forgot the NFL trying to be a religion and sticking its nose into every day politics.
                        People watch football as an escape not to debate about lawsuits and social issues. This is where the NFL has really missed it. When we turn on a NFL pre game show there's always a social political element about society. That's not why I watch football. If want to watch that **** I'll watch regular news, Fox, or 60 minutes.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                          I forgot the NFL trying to be a religion and sticking its nose into every day politics.
                          People watch football as an escape not to debate about lawsuits and social issues. This is where the NFL has really missed it. When we turn on a NFL pre game show there's always a social political element about society. That's not why I watch football. If want to watch that **** I'll watch regular news, Fox, or 60 minutes.
                          I agree with this totally.

but how exactly is Roger Goodell going to stop those things from happening? The whole kneeling thing..what could any commissioner step in and do about that? If that's what we are talking about...lots of other issues as well, though, too.

Wonder how much of this Jerry Jones fit has to do wth the ezekiel elliott looming suspension...

Not like the owners haven't seen tons more money under Goodell's watch. I don't particularly like Goodell or Jones. I would not take sides in that, hoping one would win. If there were to be a better commissioner available to replace Goodell, then I would be all for that. Don't know who this person would be, do you? Honest question.

That is not an easy job, I would think...especially these days.

The games themselves aren't as interesting as they used to be for me recently...too much red-tape, static, interference, officiating, andinterruptions.
                          Last edited by feldspar; 11-11-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                            Just figure out who is responsible for the Chargers moving into an indifferent market and playing in a small soccer stadium.

What a colossal disaster.

Fire that person.
                            Wasn't that the Charger's owner that wanted that move?

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Buddo View Post
                              Goodall is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't, both in respect of the concussions issues, and with personal conduct stuff, like domestic abuse.

Jones is not going to come out of this particularly well, especially if he keeps on with his idea that he's the 'senior pro', in effect. It's an obvious power play by Jones, and I doubt other long standing NFL owners, are going to let him get away with it - even if they themselves aren't too keen on Goodall.

While not a great fan of Goodall, there are other 'interested parties', who don't help things much either, notably the owners themselves, and the NFLPA. Either group of which are perfectly capable of trying to throw a spanner into the works at the drop of a hat.
                              I agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X