Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Is this the worst team of the drought era?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,980 Times in 3,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Is this the worst team of the drought era?

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    We got ANNIHILATED 3 weeks in a row when I started this thread. Not once. Not twice. THREE TIMES. And not just beat. DOMINATED IN EVERY PHASE OF THE GAME FOR THREE STRAIGHT WEEKS.

Being pessimistic means focusing on the bad and seeing the situation as worse than it is. There is no way to be pessimistic about that situation because there is no good to see and there is no way for it to get worse than it already is.
    When we do win do we to duck for our next loss ??

Thanks
    Thanked 9,769 Times in 6,303 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We got ANNIHILATED 3 weeks in a row when I started this thread. Not once. Not twice. THREE TIMES. And not just beat. DOMINATED IN EVERY PHASE OF THE GAME FOR THREE STRAIGHT WEEKS.

Being pessimistic means focusing on the bad and seeing the situation as worse than it is. There is no way to be pessimistic about that situation because there is no good to see and there is no way for it to get worse than it already is.
    The pattern of your insanely biased and disrespect for the Bills....who you say you are a "fan of (I don't believe that for a second)....is to look at ANYTHING they do...and I mean ANYTHING....and come out and POOP all over them....

....then....when your stupid original silliness and disrespect is found to be as WRONG as can be....you backpedal and desperately try and justify the unjustifiable with excuses that are lamer than the original lame crap.

Sorry....but your opinions were POOP in 2017...and POOP in 2020. Your unrealistic opinions are like a broken record....a broken record of hubris and negativity that sound more like the **** we hear fans of opposing teams talking smack directed at the Bills.

It's really pretty shameful.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,164 Times in 6,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So all your talk about bills not being able to MAGICALLY turn or fix things is just more crap from you. You whined about the bills ugly wins the bills had this year and yet you have this thread of you actually using the bills able to MAGICALLY fix things after getting ANNIHILATED.

More self contradiction from Mr. Reality I mean Debbie Downer.

4. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-01-2020),Woodman (12-01-2020)

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 2,484 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Opiv, look guy nobody hates you for your pessimism. Between your "realism" and my preliminary game balls and Goats threads good things happen. You are truly our good luck charm. Your negativity has turned this team from an abysmal joke into a perennial contender. Your pissimism has miraculous powers comparable to Bernadette's grotto in Lourdes or the Rosary at Lepanto. I have more confidence than ever in our ability to beat the queefs.
    Insert whimsical line here

6. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (01-17-2022),Goobylal (01-17-2022),Mad Bomber (01-17-2022)

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,644 Times in 12,129 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why will no one acknowledge that when I started this thread, we got dominated in every phase of the game for 3 consecutive weeks? Why will no one acknowledge that I was largely right for a decade and a half preceding this thread?

Oh wait, I know why. No one wants their illusions destroyed so it’s much easier to think that I’m just a pessimist who is sometimes wrong than to acknowledge all the times I’ve been right.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 01-17-2022 at 01:54 AM.

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    If ever a thread needed to be locked and closed...here it is !

No, opiv's pessimism is miraculous for this team. I am only afraid when he starts to believe

9. Post thanked by:

notacon (01-17-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why will no one acknowledge that when I started this thread, we got dominated in every phase of the game for 3 consecutive weeks? Whiny will no one acknowledge that I was largely right for a decade and a half preceding this thread?
    Don't you understand? Your negative energy feeds this team. You have made pronouncements of the Bills demise every year since 2017 with the exception of 2018. Poor Chiefs, they literally have nothing quite like you. When the Lombardi Trophy comes to Niagara Square you need to be given the chance to hold it because your pessimism has resulted in 4 playoffs the past five years, two division titles, and at least one afc title game appearance.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby 2.0 View Post
    Don't you understand? Your negative energy feeds this team. You have made pronouncements of the Bills demise every year since 2017 with the exception of 2018. Poor Chiefs, they literally have nothing quite like you. When the Lombardi Trophy comes to Niagara Square you need to be given the chance to hold it because your pessimism has resulted in 4 playoffs the past five years, two division titles, and at least one afc title game appearance.
    Don’t you understand? I also made negative statements about this team from 2002 to 2016 that were not 100% accurate but were largely correct. And I was never trying to be negative. I just saw the flaws and stated them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Don’t you understand? I also made negative statements about this team from 2002 to 2016 that were not 100% accurate but were largely correct. And I was never trying to be negative. I just saw the flaws and stated them.
    Yes but those teams were hot burning fetid piles of garbage. The teams of the past 5 years are very different

Thanks
    Thanked 9,769 Times in 6,303 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Uhhhhh....you made negative statements about this team last year doubting they could accomplish what they did, in fact accomplish. Do I really need to bring them up again???

And you made negate statements THIS year, saying all the things that the COULD NOT DO, with you shamelessly acting like Belichick’s lap dog.

You see flaws where they do not exist....and instead project the failures of the past even AFTER virtually everything about the team has changed.

Using the “flaws” of the teams between 2002 to 2016 (that were glaringly obvious) as a bludgeon for the 2020 and 2021 teams is the problem.

BTW...I remember the absurd worship of Edwards....then Fitz....and then Orton and argued against all of those posers....and was pilloried to no end. I feel where you are coming from for the 2002 to 2016 period.

But, NOT the negativity and, frankly, bull**** helped on the Bills for the last two years.

It’s like the Klingons practice of extending the shame and outcast for “Sins of the Father” for Seven Generations.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,069 Times in 6,924 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As we scored a TD for the 7th straight possession against the Pats to eliminate them from the playoffs, my immediate thought was...

THIS IS THE WORST TEAM OF THE DROUGHT ERA !

It was depressing.
    We don't even have pictures
    Just memories to hold
    That grow sweeter each season
    As we slowly grow old...

15. Post thanked by:

Novacane (01-18-2022)

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 3,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    As we scored a TD for the 7th straight possession against the Pats to eliminate them from the playoffs, my immediate thought was...

THIS IS THE WORST TEAM OF THE DROUGHT ERA !

It was depressing.
    Did you catch the START date of this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

17. Post thanked by:

Night Train (01-18-2022)

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 3,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why are you guys bumping a thread from 2017 and then blaming Op for the message?

19. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (01-18-2022),OpIv37 (01-18-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,670 Times in 1,452 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wagoncircler on page 18! I miss that guy.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

21. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (01-18-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,471 Times in 3,102 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cntrygal View Post
    Why are you guys bumping a thread from 2017 and then blaming Op for the message?
    Because of the other thread.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

23. Post thanked by:

Gibby 2.0 (01-18-2022),Night Train (01-18-2022),timekills (01-18-2022)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,044 Times in 3,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why will no one acknowledge that when I started this thread, we got dominated in every phase of the game for 3 consecutive weeks? Why will no one acknowledge that I was largely right for a decade and a half preceding this thread?

Oh wait, I know why. No one wants their illusions destroyed so it’s much easier to think that I’m just a pessimist who is sometimes wrong than to acknowledge all the times I’ve been right.
    I remember 2017.

That was the worst stretch of games by a Bills team in a long time. Peterman started vs the Chargers and threw 5 picks in the first half. That ended that experiment.

Saying they were the worst team of the drought, even at that point, was stupid. They were still 5-5 even after getting the tar beat out of them in back to back weeks.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I remember 2017.

That was the worst stretch of games by a Bills team in a long time. Peterman started vs the Chargers and threw 5 picks in the first half. That ended that experiment.

Saying they were the worst team of the drought, even at that point, was stupid. They were still 5-5 even after getting the tar beat out of them in back to back weeks.
    The worst teams of the drought era never got their asses handed to them in every phase of the game for 3 straight weeks.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,814 Times in 1,429 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

bumping this irrelevant 4 year old thread is childish

doubling down on a terrible and flat out WRONG take from 4 years ago is also childish
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,044 Times in 3,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The worst teams of the drought era never got their asses handed to them in every phase of the game for 3 straight weeks.
    I suggest you go look at the 2001 season. And then the 2010 season. 2001 was the absolute worst Bills team of the drought. I don't know how they won 3 games, to be honest. They were 27th in points scored and 29th in points allowed.

2010 wasn't much better.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,814 Times in 1,429 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I suggest you go look at the 2001 season. And then the 2010 season. 2001 was the absolute worst Bills team of the drought. I don't know how they won 3 games, to be honest. They were 27th in points scored and 29th in points allowed.

2010 wasn't much better.
    i didn't mind 2010. they were God awful but i felt like they tried at least. in a way, they reminded me of this years Lions.