Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exercise Equipment...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,413 Times in 6,347 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Exercise Equipment...

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    That's me as well. The variety of equipment and the different programs you can put together at the gym is alone worth the money. Then you can add in swimming, hot tub and steam room for winding down from a hard weight workout and it's a bargain. Personally, changing your weight routine every 6 weeks or so is not only a good thing, I think it necessary to keeping it fresh and confusing your muscles, so you continue to progress and avoid plateaus as much as possible.

Another thing the gym offers is you don't get sidetracked. Something that can happen when you are at home. Go, workout, leave.
    Gyms can get annoying quickly though. Gym etiquette is a thing. 5 bench stations with 5 guys sitting there scrolling through their phones looking for songs or texting their girlfriends while 5 other guys are staring them down waiting to use the stations. That sort of thing. I guess that's what I get for going with the $10/month gym.
    Welcome to Buffalo Carter Hutton

2. Post thanked by:

Lucidvizion (04-20-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,426 Times in 801 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Gyms can get annoying quickly though. Gym etiquette is a thing. 5 bench stations with 5 guys sitting there scrolling through their phones looking for songs or texting their girlfriends while 5 other guys are staring them down waiting to use the stations. That sort of thing. I guess that's what I get for going with the $10/month gym.
    Oh man, the $10 gym is exactly it. If you value your time more than the money, in my experience it's worth it to find a higher quality gym (if you have any other options where you live). Less crowded, and as a bonus the people that go to them are generally friendlier and more conscientious of others. I think the value buy in the $10 a month gyms are if you're retired and can go on weekdays.
    The silence between the notes.

4. Post thanked by:

Swiper (04-20-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,678 Times in 6,103 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can see where that would tweak you.

What I do is improvise in that situation. Go to a bench and use dumbbells or go to the cable machine and do standing continuous tension chest presses.

I rarely have that problem at LA Fitness. Like I said, lots of equipment and options.
    The artist formerly known as pmoon6 is now Stupid A-hole.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,413 Times in 6,347 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Was in the gym for 2 hours last week and couldn't get at those stations. 2 hours. While they have rows of machines not being used at all. They really have to reconfigure the place.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,678 Times in 6,103 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Was in the gym for 2 hours last week and couldn't get at those stations. 2 hours. While they have rows of machines not being used at all. They really have to reconfigure the place.
    Well, in that case I would seek another gym.

Do they make you take a ****ing number???

Total BS right there and I feel for ya. Nothing like having to stand around. It breaks your focus/flow and ruins your workout.