Thread: TRIPLE CROWNED Justify captures Belmont...13th TC winner & second in 4 yrs.

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

TRIPLE CROWNED Justify captures Belmont...13th TC winner & second in 4 yrs.

Justify has won the Triple Crown after winning the 150th Belmont Stakes on Saturday.Justify won the Belmont Stakes starting from the rail; the last Triple Crown from the rail at Belmont was Secretariat, 45 years ago to the day on Saturday.

Justify is the 13th horse to earn the Triple Crown, but just the second horse to win it undefeated. Justify beat nine other horses to win -- more competition than any Triple Crown winner has even beaten in the Belmont. Justify has defeated 35 horses across the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont.

http://www.espn.com/horse-racing/sto...n-triple-crown

2. Post thanked by:

Margarita (06-10-2018)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: TRIPLE CROWNED Justify captures Belmont...13th TC winner & second in 4 yrs.

I thought this was GREAT...2 triple crown winners in 4 years is Crazy when u think how difficult it is to breed and train a horse with ability to win those 3 races. Super exciting to watch :-)))

4. Post thanked by:

JATMtheJATM (06-10-2018)

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,782 Times in 6,400 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Great horse. Better show

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,164 Times in 2,344 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Agreed.

But, sadly, I don't think having Justify winning the Triple Crown is going to do anything to stop the decline in interest in horse racing in the U.S. Slow it down a bit, MAYBE.
    "Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."

-Tyrion Lannister to Jon Snow, "Game of Thrones"

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,554 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When Seattle slew and affirmed won them in the late 70's I was going to Pimlico race track once a week and I was there the week of the races but never had a chance to see them. But it was neat thing to be down there at the time.
    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984