Thread: Mark Steenhuis pays tribune to Peterborough Lakers superfan

Zero for Zero!
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,721 Times in 6,011 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Mark Steenhuis pays tribune to Peterborough Lakers superfan

Mark Steenhuis paid tribute to a Peterborough Century 21 Lakers fan last week which comforted her grieving husband.

Susan Little was a Steenhuis fanatic. She and her husband Bob Parkin were long-time season ticket holders and Susan met Steenhuis several times and had photos taken with him.

Two days after Susan and Bob watched the Lakers win the Mann Cup last fall, by streaming games on their TV, she was killed in a vehicle collision.

Prior to the Lakers first home game on May 31, Parkin approached Steenhuis with a unique request. Would he put some of Susan's ashes in his socks during the game in her honour? He also presented Steenhuis with some of Susan's homemade wine.

"Without batting an eye, he said he'd very much like to do that for Susan," Parkin said. "He said, 'If I score a goal or get an assist would you like me to save the ball for you?' I told him that would be wonderful. He told me now that he's on defence he doesn't score as often."

Sitting with eight to 10 fans who knew what was happening, Parkin said they cheered madly every time Steenhuis got the ball.

"What made it more intense is he had two breakaways and didn't score and a third where he scored and it didn't count," Parkin said.

"With about five minutes left he had another breakaway and he did score."
    https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer....39L7E.facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,218 Times in 4,852 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Mark Steenhuis pays tribune to Peterborough Lakers superfan

Who is Mark Steenhuis?
    Welcome to Buffalo Rasmus Dahlin.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,164 Times in 2,344 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Mark Steenhuis pays tribune to Peterborough Lakers superfan

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Who is Mark Steenhuis?
    He's a forward with the NLL's Buffalo Bandits and has been with the orange & black since 2003.

When he's not with the Bandits, he plays for the Peterborough Lakers of Ontario's Major Series Lacrosse.
    "Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."

-Tyrion Lannister to Jon Snow, "Game of Thrones"