Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL

  1. #61
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,397
    Thanks
    975
    Thanked 4,669 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    25

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL


  2. #62
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,447
    Thanks
    8,204
    Thanked 11,006 Times in 8,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    90

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL

    I'm still not sure why that's a thing. college kid drunk?

  3. #63
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,397
    Thanks
    975
    Thanked 4,669 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    25

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I'm still not sure why that's a thing. college kid drunk?


    Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    It's definitely about culture change.

    And part of that culture change is how the players on this team spend their off ice hours.

    This team has been like a frat house for too long. These players are partying like college kids, because...they're basically college kids.

    Flipping some of these kids for professional, adult players is a must.

    This team has been powered by Labatt's and Jameson and God knows what else, and it has led to an awful on ice product.

    ROR got a DWI on his first day as a Sabre. Evander Kane was in hot water for drunkedly trying to strangle a woman at a bar. Both gone. And these are just the stories that made it out into the light of day.

    You can't be a 24 hour babysitter to these kids, so the only solution is to try to balance the truly talented players with even keeled grown ups.

  4. #64
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,447
    Thanks
    8,204
    Thanked 11,006 Times in 8,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    90

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL

    That video was shot in college. College kids drink. That was almost four years ago?

  5. #65
    Registered User snow1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    924
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 138 Times in 103 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    That video was shot in college. College kids drink. That was almost four years ago?
    College??....ohhh ya, that stuff I did in between the weekend parties, spring break...summer break.....ya ya...I vaguely remember some of it 🎓💣🤕🤤
    I've upped my standards...now up yours

  6. #66
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,447
    Thanks
    8,204
    Thanked 11,006 Times in 8,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    90

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL

    Quote Originally Posted by snow1989 View Post
    College??....ohhh ya, that stuff I did in between the weekend parties, spring break...summer break.....ya ya...I vaguely remember some of it 🎓💣🤕🤤
    But wagon does have a point. It would be concerning if Jack still go drunk like this often during the season. No evidence to suggest he does that I'm aware of. But drinking in college? Go nuts.

    Hockey is also a drinking culture itsself. I read stories of NHLers from the 70s and 80s going on appearances at bars for beer companies all summer long and coming into training camp with huge beer bellies and completely out of shape. Hockey players drink. I just hope most curb it during the season.

  7. #67
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,397
    Thanks
    975
    Thanked 4,669 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    25

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    But wagon does have a point. It would be concerning if Jack still go drunk like this often during the season. No evidence to suggest he does that I'm aware of. But drinking in college? Go nuts.

    Hockey is also a drinking culture itsself. I read stories of NHLers from the 70s and 80s going on appearances at bars for beer companies all summer long and coming into training camp with huge beer bellies and completely out of shape. Hockey players drink. I just hope most curb it during the season.
    You figured it out....

  8. #68
    RABBI Haile SpikedLemonade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    27,487
    Thanks
    32,644
    Thanked 11,747 Times in 7,967 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    66

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL

    I agree.

    No biggie.

    College kids get drunk.

    Rodents can get inserted.

    Especially in California colleges.



  9. #69
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,447
    Thanks
    8,204
    Thanked 11,006 Times in 8,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    90

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    You figured it out....
    But there's no evidence to suggest he does regularly

  10. #70
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,447
    Thanks
    8,204
    Thanked 11,006 Times in 8,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    90

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL

    At any rate, here's a read up on Thompson

    https://thechargingbuffalo.net/2018/...mpression=true

  11. #71
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,057
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 996 Times in 678 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    16

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL



  12. #72
    Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    14,863
    Thanks
    17,433
    Thanked 12,580 Times in 6,887 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    40

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL

    Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    You can't be a 24 hour babysitter to these kids, so the only solution is to try to balance the truly talented players with even keeled grown ups.
    Well sure, but ROR never did anything after. If overly emo, he was probably the most obvious even keeled grown up who put in a games work no matter what was going on. It's been a couple years for him to goof up and all he did was get emo.

    I'm not going to bend over backwards for ROR, but I don't really see the even keeled vet to focus anyone. I don't think Eichel fits that. He has "fire", but it hasn't really seemed to be a team enhancing trait to date, imho.

    It's kind of startling to me that we tossed a 27 year old, well, good player, because he was distressed by the obvious, like maybe it will even out in 4 more years when the core grows together and the grand old man is Reinhart or Eichel at this point.

    Culture change is surely needed but I'm not sure I see what the culture is unless Dahlin is going to develop it, and that will take a while.
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

  13. #73
    Escaped Convict WagonCircler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    5,876
    Thanks
    8,734
    Thanked 6,463 Times in 2,880 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: Breaking: O'Reilly traded to STL

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well sure, but ROR never did anything after. If overly emo, he was probably the most obvious even keeled grown up who put in a games work no matter what was going on. It's been a couple years for him to goof up and all he did was get emo.

    I'm not going to bend over backwards for ROR, but I don't really see the even keeled vet to focus anyone. I don't think Eichel fits that. He has "fire", but it hasn't really seemed to be a team enhancing trait to date, imho.

    It's kind of startling to me that we tossed a 27 year old, well, good player, because he was distressed by the obvious, like maybe it will even out in 4 more years when the core grows together and the grand old man is Reinhart or Eichel at this point.

    Culture change is surely needed but I'm not sure I see what the culture is unless Dahlin is going to develop it, and that will take a while.
    He didn't do anything after, that we know of. To hear people associated with the team, he was an undermining influence.

    You can't get rid of Eichel, given the contract he just signed.

    You can't change the rotten culture of the team by flipping nobodies like Girgensons.

    Kane had to go because he would have walked away and the Sabres would have gotten nothing. So, who else are you going to get any kind of return for?

    There was zero hope for this group, as it was constituted at the end of last season. If you're going make an omelette, you have to break some eggs.

    The stench of losing was like napalm. It stuck to this team. Standing idly by and hoping things will change was going to just prolong the agony.

    Ask the bartenders and bouncers on Chippewa or Allen St about these idiots. They're professional partiers. Hockey is a paid hobby for most of them. That's why the looked like they were playing in slow motion most of the time.

  14. Post thanked by:

    coastal (07-06-2018),Haile SpikedLemonade (07-04-2018),Lone Stranger (07-09-2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •