Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

Thread: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

  1. #21
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,195
    Thanks
    488
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 824 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    I was only half joking but it will be interesting to see what happens to the dog if the rabbit were to take off suddenly if it were to chase on instinct. They are gorgeous dogs though.

  2. #22
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    85,976
    Thanks
    9,207
    Thanked 17,151 Times in 8,466 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    241

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    I was only half joking but it will be interesting to see what happens to the dog if the rabbit were to take off suddenly if it were to chase on instinct. They are gorgeous dogs though.
    Hehe guy just reminded me of something. When I was a kid, I was petsitting for a friend who had a huge golden retriever. At the time I was just a skinny 7th grader and the dog weighed almost as much as I did. My parents dropped me off to walk him on the way back from church, so I was wearing dress shoes without much traction in the Rochester winter. Well, the dog took off after a rabbit, and with no traction, he pulled me right off my feet. I didn’t want to let go of the leash because this dog had escaped before and is very difficult to catch, so I held on for dear life as he dragged me down the street. He didn’t make it very far before the effort of pulling my weight wore him out, but for a brief moment it was like a bad Marmaduke cartoon.

  3. Post thanked by:

    JATMtheJATM (10-06-2018)

  4. #23
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    22,068
    Thanks
    10,301
    Thanked 9,410 Times in 6,345 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    56

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Our cat of 6 years just died about 3 weeks ago of complications of FIP. Saddest thing I've ever seen. We are now the proud owners of not one, but two new...
    Welcome to Buffalo Carter Hutton

  5. Post thanked by:

    JATMtheJATM (10-06-2018),OpIv37 (10-05-2018)

  6. #24
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    85,976
    Thanks
    9,207
    Thanked 17,151 Times in 8,466 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    241

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Our cat of 6 years just died about 3 weeks ago of complications of FIP. Saddest thing I've ever seen. We are now the proud owners of not one, but two new...
    Sorry to hear about the old one but congrats on the new one. With kittens two is definitely better because they keep each other busy.

  7. Post thanked by:

    Swiper (10-05-2018)

  8. #25
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    15,084
    Thanks
    685
    Thanked 3,273 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    48

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Sure there is. They test it with cats (muzzles)

    If the dog shows little interest in the cat, they try it without muzzles. Still no interest, they deem it cat and small animal safe. Next, for adoption, they bring the dogs to you to see how they do in the house muzzled. Go from there

    They know what they're doing

    Well, I hope so. Good luck.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

  9. #26
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    36,281
    Thanks
    7,851
    Thanked 10,357 Times in 7,591 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    85

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    I was only half joking but it will be interesting to see what happens to the dog if the rabbit were to take off suddenly if it were to chase on instinct. They are gorgeous dogs though.
    The rabbit is super aggressive and a total jerk. I have no doubt he could hold his own long enough for us to defuse the situation. Though we hope to avoid it all together.

    We think it'll be fine after a short adjustment period

  10. #27
    Avenatti food tester JackJoeJimJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Farty-Pus
    Posts
    6,427
    Thanks
    2,433
    Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I'll be sure to post pictures.

    This is the one we're looking at the hardest

    http://www.alliesforgreyhounds.org/hounds/hfk-ms-potts/
    That's pretty cool you can watch her races. Things are damn fast.

  11. #28
    Legendary Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,140
    Thanks
    15,319
    Thanked 9,700 Times in 5,644 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    47

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Our beagle/coonhound rescue is retarded.

  12. #29
    RABBI Haile SpikedLemonade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    26,578
    Thanks
    31,370
    Thanked 11,205 Times in 7,616 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    65

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    I have scheduled Tiny's neutering for the morning of Saturday November 17th.

    He will be 9 months old then.

    I kinda don't want to do it but unlike Spike, I don't want to breed Great Danes.

    I wish Coastal would take Tiny's place on November 17th.

  13. #30
    Avenatti food tester JackJoeJimJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Farty-Pus
    Posts
    6,427
    Thanks
    2,433
    Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Our beagle/coonhound rescue is retarded.
    Does he try to hump you?

  14. #31
    The Victimizer CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    40,491
    Thanks
    9,596
    Thanked 19,965 Times in 12,213 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    104

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eSjrBv_T3vY

    Kevin Richardson is an awesome human being...
    boisterous hubris, arrogance, self deception, conspiracy, mud slinging mixed with a heavy dose of self righteousness.

  15. Post thanked by:

    sahlensguy (10-09-2018)

  16. #32
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    22,068
    Thanks
    10,301
    Thanked 9,410 Times in 6,345 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    56

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eSjrBv_T3vY

    Kevin Richardson is an awesome human being...
    Unlike you.

  17. #33
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    36,281
    Thanks
    7,851
    Thanked 10,357 Times in 7,591 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    85

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Sadly, the greyhound rescue denied us. Because of my anxiety, she would have been an emotional support animal and they said that alone was red flags that something is wrong within the household. They said greyhounds are also loners and we would certainly not enjoy the dog. We tried to explain it is minor anxiety and the greyhound personality is exactly what we want. Didn't matter.

    So we got what we thought was a greyhound mix from another rescue. Her name is Meg. She is not a greyhound. She's a Sheppard/pitbull mix. Hyper as all get out, but super sweet and cuddly. She sleep between my girlfriend and I and has her head on our pillows. She is great. No manners and very raw in terms of training, but sweet none the less.

  18. Post thanked by:

    OpIv37 (11-27-2018),YardRat (11-28-2018)

  19. #34
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    36,281
    Thanks
    7,851
    Thanked 10,357 Times in 7,591 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    85

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!


  20. Post thanked by:

    OpIv37 (11-27-2018),Swiper (11-28-2018),YardRat (11-28-2018)

  21. #35
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    23,377
    Thanks
    3,498
    Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,133 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    66

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    I am gonna get a dog as soon as me and the misses get into a house. My brother has a Jack Russell terrier and that dog is never a dull moment. Hyper though. Needs attention constantly.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

  22. Post thanked by:

    OpIv37 (11-27-2018)

  23. #36
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    85,976
    Thanks
    9,207
    Thanked 17,151 Times in 8,466 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    241

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Sadly, the greyhound rescue denied us. Because of my anxiety, she would have been an emotional support animal and they said that alone was red flags that something is wrong within the household. They said greyhounds are also loners and we would certainly not enjoy the dog. We tried to explain it is minor anxiety and the greyhound personality is exactly what we want. Didn't matter.

    So we got what we thought was a greyhound mix from another rescue. Her name is Meg. She is not a greyhound. She's a Sheppard/pitbull mix. Hyper as all get out, but super sweet and cuddly. She sleep between my girlfriend and I and has her head on our pillows. She is great. No manners and very raw in terms of training, but sweet none the less.
    Don’t take the denial personally. The two women who run the cat rescue deny people all the time. People will make one off hand comment and it’s an immediate red flag for them. But it’s because they have crazy stories of how outwardly normal people treat animals. Rescue people have seen it all and it makes them a bit paranoid.

  24. #37
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    36,281
    Thanks
    7,851
    Thanked 10,357 Times in 7,591 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    85

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Don’t take the denial personally. The two women who run the cat rescue deny people all the time. People will make one off hand comment and it’s an immediate red flag for them. But it’s because they have crazy stories of how outwardly normal people treat animals. Rescue people have seen it all and it makes them a bit paranoid.
    I took it personally. Because we would have given that hound a great home. It was very tough to take.

  25. #38
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,601
    Thanks
    2,772
    Thanked 2,876 Times in 2,055 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    19

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I took it personally. Because we would have given that hound a great home. It was very tough to take.
    Yeah let it go. You'll give this one a great home too. So who's dog is this one, and who's the alpha in the house?

  26. #39
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    36,281
    Thanks
    7,851
    Thanked 10,357 Times in 7,591 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    85

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Yeah let it go. You'll give this one a great home too. So who's dog is this one, and who's the alpha in the house?
    She's an alpha. We try to keep her grounded so she knows that we rule the house. But Sue's super sassy and dominant. It's a fight some times.

  27. #40
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,601
    Thanks
    2,772
    Thanked 2,876 Times in 2,055 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    19

    Re: The JATM is adopting a doggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    She's an alpha. We try to keep her grounded so she knows that we rule the house. But Sue's super sassy and dominant. It's a fight some times.
    I wondered after hearing she sleeps between you two with her head on the pillow. Who gets the dog if you were to break up?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •